Rumors, Punishment, 'Let's Get Married'

Timeless Love

Ji Yeon was reading the magazine while waiting for Yewon. After the club night, there has been many headlines about her and Hyung Sik being together, even capturing the scene where they kissed go viral online. She had to hide a lot now.

Hyung Sik was extremely upset too as the inside story screamed out.

‘Man cheated on his pregnant wife with model.’ ‘President Park of Keyeast Entertainment seen laundering around in club with wife???’ ‘Model J and H fought at club’ ‘Who is his wife?’ ‘Model Lim Ji Yeon caught in scandalous event: married and pregnant?!’

He wanted to strangle her. His phone won’t stop ringing as reporters created a hotline. He was going crazy. Ji Yeon was afraid to meet him when he wanted to make an appointment with her.

*Forgot to mention this but Ji Yeon works in Hyung Sik’s agency too :P *

She had been a new model to his agency before the news broke out. Her parents are calling her non-stop too, about how she got pregnant before marriage. She avoided everyone for a while, even running from Hyung Sik’s radar.

Well, today is her unlucky day. Ji Yeon covered herself in dark glasses and chipped inside the company for a meeting with Soo Jin. Soo Jin was happily waiting for her.

“Unnie, I’m so sorry about what happened. It is not true, it’s just a rumor.” Ji Yeon tried to comfort Soo Jin, afraid she might be upset. But Soo Jin just smiled.

“Gwenchana, it’s alright. I heard that things have been hard for you too. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

“No no no. I should be the one apologizing.” Ji Yeon felt really bad. She had only wanted to teach Hyung Sik a lesson but somehow it became more than she expected, making her the bad person this time. “Oh, why did you want to meet me?”

“I have a request. There have been too many rumors going on about you and Hyung Sik married and having a child. I was wondering if you could-“

“It’s alright I understand. I will deny any rumors between us.” Ji Yeon assured her. Soo Jin just shook her head.

“I, want you to marry Hyung Sik.”

“What!?” Ji Yeon quickly finished the glass of water she was holding, choking.

“The truth is, Hyung Sik and I are just great childhood friends. I know that he has quite a personality and likes to play around a lot. But please do me a favor. I don’t want others to see him in a bad light.”

“But unnie, you want me to marry that spoiled apple like Casanova?” Ji Yeon felt her brain freezing. Did her acting at the club really affected Soo Jin’s brain badly too???

“There have been photos of you two kissing and at a hotel too. Denying it would be a huge loss to the company and yourselves.” What is this? Are they really just friends?

“Unnie, I’m sorry if it caused a big misunderstanding. But I can’t marry someone I just met. There has to be more than that.”

“I know but it’s just for the time being. If you can’t marry without love then think of it as your apology to me.” Ji Yeon knew that she had caused too much trouble. Before she could say anything an elderly man rushed inside the lounge and grabbed Ji Yeon out.

“A-appa.” Her father was really angry now. Soo Jin panicked and went after them. Her father shoved her to the spacious hall, giving her one huge slap.

“Is this how you are going to be? Embarrassing your parents and getting pregnant before letting us know you got married huh?!” He continued to yell at her. A father who divorced her mother to marry another woman had the guts to come lecture about how to live her life. She clenched her fist before facing her father.

The old man’s lecture and abuse absorbed some attention. Ji Yeon was flipping mad right now. Hyung Sik arrived at the scene to see why there was a gathering. There he saw an old man shouting at Ji Yeon. He peeked in to see what was going on.

“Who are you to tell me what to do? I live my life however I want to.”

“You wench-! You dare to scold me? You did wrong yet you are not begging for forgiveness.”

“You got out of my life, left my mom and yet you’re here preaching how shameless I am? What a hypocrite!” As her father raised another hand to hit her, Hyung Sik ran to stop him. Although he is a player, he doesn’t like to bully woman like that and he won’t allow it especially if it is in front of him. It had always made him think about his hellish past. His adoptive mother got beat up in public yet no one dared to interfere.

“Sir, you wouldn’t want to raise your hand.” Hyung Sik angrily held her father’s arm.

“Who the are you? off! I’m going to teach this b*tch a lesson!” He moved to hit Ji Yeon again, who was behind Hyung Sik.

“The woman you are calling a b*tch is my WIFE!” Hyung Sik emphasized. Ji Yeon’s jaw drop to his declaration.

“W-what? Your wife???” The old man questioned.

“Yes, this woman here is my wife. Don’t touch her or I’ll hurt you.” Hyung Sik threaten him. The old man looked at Ji Yeon to Hyung Sik again as Hyung Sik let go of his grip.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0iK2hbEcQ )

“So it is true. You are the one who got my daughter pregnant then!”

“W-what?” Was the man he just stood up to her father??? Crap. The father started hitting Hyung Sik. Ji Yeon went to stop her father as he continue to spank Hyung Sik. He chased Hyung Sik around the hall with Ji Yeon running after them.

“What are you guys doing?!” A loud voice stormed out. An angry elderly woman stormed in. All eyes went to her. She was a shareholder at Hyung Sik’s company, Ji Yeon’s mother.

“O-omma,” Ji Yeon stuttered. She had been avoiding her mom but now she has no choice but to face her.

“Omma?” Hyung Sik wanted to faint as her father landed a fist on Hyung Sik’s nose, making him fly across to Ji Yeon, holding her for balance.

“You dare to touch my daughter in front of me? I’m going to --hwak!” Her father charged again as her mother interfered with them.

In the meeting room office…~

Ji Yeon’s parents were surrounding them, strictly staring at them. Her mother and father divorced and had remarried separately. But they would sometimes meet to argue and celebrate family events.

Ji Yeon and Hyung Sik were kneeling by the wall with their hands raised above their head. Their hands were getting tired but one word from her mother forced their hands back up. Both of them were messed up. Hyung Sik had a bloody nose with tissues stuck there, his hair that was previously gel up is now like a bird nest, his clothes loosened. Ji Yeon on the other hand was in the same condition. Her wavy hair stick out everywhere. Her clothes wrinkled and her glass broken. They were eyeball arguing as her parents were arguing whose fault it was for letting Ji Yeon get pregnant and married publicly. They push the fault back and forth as the other two kiddos knees burned on the carpet floor.

“Why do you have 2 moms and dads?”

“It’s a long story.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that man was your father?”

“You didn’t wait for any explanations. Why blame me now?”

They whispered the fault back and forth too, gritting their teeth.

“It would have never happened if you didn’t put on your show at the club.”

“Who was the one touching other girls? You’re the one at fault.”

“How? For going to party? You were the one who initiated that we were married ahjumma.”

“You were the one who confidently declared that I was your wife.”

“Yah!” He shouted after she found fault in him.

“Aren’t you going to put your hands up!?” Her parents yelled. Hyung Sik quickly kneeled again by Ji Yeon’s side while the parents argument grew heated again. They wanted to plug their ears but they couldn’t.

“At times like this, I want to cry.” Hyung Sik miserably whimpered.

“Me too.” Ji Yeon agreed.

“How did you deal with it?” Hyung Sik asked.

“Just close your eyes, light some candles, and do a 3D prayer.” She lifelessly answered as if it was a norm. The heck? Her parents are arguing like there is no tomorrow and they have to listen while being punished.

“You both can get up now.” Her big mother said. (Big mother is her biological mother, big father is the biological one, little mother and father are her steps.)

Their legs were cramped and shaking when standing up. Ji Yeon wobbled over and got caught in Hyung Sik’s arms, rearing against the wall. Her parents panicked again and forced them apart as Hyung Sik pushed Ji Yeon out of his hands, raising them like the thieve from Hollywood movies where the thieves were order to put up their hands.

“So how did you meet?” big mother asked. They only looked at each other. “I’m asking you both.”

“At KBS.”

“How long have you known each other,” asked little father. They looked at each other before counting their fingers. “You don’t even know?” asked big father.

“I think, we only met 3 times.” Ji Yeon counted.

“WHAT?!” all the parents screamed the roof off. Hyung Sik was cringing as he and Ji Yeon ran into each other arms, hiding from the parents.

“You only met thrice yet you are married?”

“And pregnant?”

“Daebak!”

“Unbelievable!”

They started rubbing their napes and temples.

“It’s your fault, you didn’t raise her properly that is why she is such an easy woman.” big father yelled at big mother.

“How is it my fault, you weren’t even there to help me,” big mother replied. The little parents were trying to soothe the situation but the two parents end up fighting. Ji Yeon and Hyung Sik saw this as their only chance to escape. They were creeping, tip-toing, out of the room to the open the door when –crash! A vase is broken, a beautiful porcelain vase from China that Hyung Sik had just ordered. It broken right before his eyes, hitting the wall by the door.

“AH!” Hyung Sik pulled his hair. Ji Yeon was even more surprised to hear him screaming. The parents stopped to see what was going on. Hyung Sik was devastated. “My vase, oh my beautiful vase!”

“Was it expensive?” Ji Yeon asked.

“Yes!” Hyung Sik cried. Ji Yeon can’t believe this Casanova, she wanted to laugh but she didn’t want to be rude either.

“So, are you going to take responsibility for my daughter?” big other demanded.

“Why would I?” Hyung Sik was angry now. The big mother grabbed another vase and threw it on the floor, crashing it. Hyung Sik’s anger meter was getting extremely high. He wanted to scream and cry. All his hard work gone to waste.

“You won’t?” Her mother stomped on the broken vase, “You won’t huh?” She rubbed her heel onto the shattered porcelain, crushing the smaller pieces. “Then let’s die together today.” Her big mother and big father ran to beat him up. Ji Yeon couldn’t do anything but try to help him uselessly. Her mother was her biggest fear yet Hyung Sik just happened to tick her off more. Ji Yeon begged her big mother to stop hitting him, she didn’t want him to turn into a pulp. It was 4 against 2.

Hyung Sik was pushed around like a doll. He didn’t want to hit the elders but they hit him really badly.

“Omma, don’t hit him anymore. I beg you, please.” Ji Yeon begged. Just then her mother swung a loud slap on her cheek, so strong she almost flew back to the floor. Hyung Sik was shock, in the midst of getting beat up by her big dad and little mom and dad, he didn’t think it would go this far. All actions stopped. Her big mother was breathing heavily in and out while Ji Yeon stood back in pain as her cheek burned.

“How did I raise you? Didn’t I tell you to take care of yourself?” Her mother push her head with her finger. “Is this how you take care of yourself? You found a man, I’m glad but you found one who doesn’t want to take responsibility for you. Are you out of your mind?” Ji Yeon started tearing up. Her mother had never hit her face no matter how many times she got punished.

“Why? Is it because your family is too broken? Or is this revenge for us for being the problem you couldn’t get married? No matter how upset you were, how can you do this? Who are you going to face now you bad wench?” Her mother started crying and hit her more. Ji Yeon had no more words. She felt bad for making her mother cried. Hyung Sik felt guilty, his response caused her pain. He had never had parents before but Ji Yeon’s parents touched him in many ways. (Don’t think dirty here lol)

Her little father went to hug her big mother, stopping her from hitting Ji Yeon. Hyung Sik went to put his arms around Ji Yeon. Something in her eyes made him soften up: sadness, guilt, isolation. She ran out of the room to the rooftop and cry. He faced her parents alone.

“I am willing to take responsibility for Ji Yeon. I’m sorry for all the ruckus we made.” He bowed. “We will be holding a wedding soon. I’ll make sure to it.”

Her parents were astonished to see him bowing.

“Really? Are you serious?” little mother asked. He nodded.

“It will be an extravagant wedding.” He announced.

"Did you both make a marriage certificate yet?" asked little father as Hyung Sik sightly shook his head.

“There will be a marriage certificate right?” Big father asked. All eyes pointed at him. He hesitated to answer.

“W-well I...I umm-“

“You won’t?” little father stood up to him. Big mother was getting ready to throw another vase.

“Y-yes. Yes, of course.” He smiled. “There will be a marriage certificate. But before that, there’s something you need to know.” If looks could kill, Hyung Sik would probably be gone by now. He just realized how much deep sh*t he had put himself in.

*************************************************************************************

Ji Yeon ran to the roof top and screamed into the city. She sobbed nonstop. A handkerchief was handed to her. She turned to see a tall muscular man looking at her. He didn’t say anything as he handed it to her again. She took it and wiped away her tears.

“Thank you,” she sniffed. He leaned onto the siding with her.

“AH!” He screamed too, making her jump. He turned to her and smile, stretching his arms."It feels much better now."

“Smile, you look prettier that way.” He remarked before walking away. Ji Yeo was surprised, the first time she has met a kind gentleman. He didn’t look like the type who would be a Casanova. She was kind of shy. Wait, where has she seen him before? She kind of remember him but she wasn’t sure.

“E-excuse me. Have we met before?” He turned around to smile at her. His smiling eyes were no joke, she felt shy.

“I don’t think so.”

“W-wait, what about your handkerchief? Sir,” she started to run to him but he walked further.

“Keep it or throw it away. Whatever you want.” Then he opened the door out.

“What kind of response is that?” She talked to herself. “Hey, what is your name?!” but he was gone already. “What do I do?” She turned back and look at the yellow handkerchief. But she didn’t want to throw it away, she held it near her and sniffed it, the masculine aroma was left behind. Then it was taken away from her, Hyung Sik tugged it away.

“What’s this?”

“Don’t touch it,” She grabbed it back. He leaned on the sidings that she was leaning on.

“Why? I didn’t see you with it earlier.”

“Someone gave it to me,” she told him, not aware of the scowl on his face.

“How nice~.” He made a face, regaining his posture, pushing her slightly to stop her from smiling at the handkerchief. She bit her bottom lip, wanting to hit him. “How was he? Handsome? Tall? Better than me?”

“How did you know?” She innocently stared at him. He puffed out air, trying to remain cool.

“Yah, aren’t you being too much? Comparing other men to your husband?”

“What husband? We’re not even married.” He then grabbed her left hand in his. “What are you doing?”

“Yah Lim Ji Yeon.”

“What is it?”

“Let’s get married.” Her eyes wide open, jaw dropping at him. He got kind of freaked out, a little ego hurt. Her brain couldn’t seriously digest his declaration once again. Her blank face made him nervous. “I said, let’s get married.”

“P-pinch me.” She ordered. He was startled by her response and reached his hand in to pinch her face. “Ouch~” She whimpered and closed her eyes cringing in pain. She quickly brushed away his hand and rubbed her cheek. “Why should I marry you?”

“You think I want to marry you too? Your parents are too scary. Gosh, I should have never said it in the first place.” He glanced at her. “Anyway, we’re getting married.”

“No.”

“You want your parents to beat me into a pulp? I’m innocent here.”

"Pshh. I'd rather be beaten to death than marry you.”

“What is there to lose? A young, successful man not only rich and handsome, but also charismatic is willing to marry you. I’m the one who should refuse to marry you.”

“Then don’t.”

“How can I not when I already gave word to your mommies and daddies? I can’t afford to have any more broken vases and luxuries. I’m even throwing you an extravagant wedding.”

“Keep all your luxuries to yourself then. I didn’t tell you to do it, you willingly said it yourself.”

“Says the person who caused this.”

“You- Ouch.” She rubbed her cheek in pain. He quickly raised his hand to caress her cheek.

“Does it hurt? Don’t talk too much.” This is the fifth time she has closely looked at his face. He was really handsome, even with the little bruises on his face. He was indeed caring. If she had met him under a different circumstance, she would have really fell for him. She was too busy day dreaming to see that he was weirdly looking at her. But something about her caught his eye. He leaned in to her pink cheery lips and left a peck there.

“Are you done making out yet?” Her big father called, bringing their attention to the 4 elders who was watching them. Ji Yeon realized that Hyung Sik had just kissed her and quickly pushes him away. But he wrapped his arm around her waist and faced the parents.

“Nneh,” He chuckled.

“Let’s go eat then. I’m starving.” He commanded before they headed out, making them follow the old couples.

Ji Yeon glared at him as the parents’ are turned to them. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Shhh, they think that we’ve made up already.” He smiled at her. At that point, she was happy to have met him too. He was considerate of parents, although they beated him up and basically blackmailed them. She sneaked a smile but it quickly fade.

"What made-up sh*t are you talking about?"

"I'll tell you about it later," as he mischeviously smiled at her.

*************************************************************************************

Lol I had fun writing this. I hope that it was enjoyable too. Sorry, no spartace moments in this chapter as I dedicate it to JiHyung. See ya bunnies and please comment below!