Coincidence

Timeless Love

Chapter 13

Ever since that day, Ji Hyo would purposely get on Jong Kook’s nerve, making him run errands for her. Once, she made him wait outside of the studio for her while she went to use the rest room and never came back.

He got his shirt returned but only to see badly sewn stitches on the ripped part. So he pranked her with flour on top of her door entrance. That way, she was covered in white flour from head to toe, in her olive jacket and Chanel purse. Ji Hyo wanted to swipe the flour on Jong Kook’s face but he was pretty good at avoiding her so she couldn’t do anything.

Later, she scribbled on his car’s windshield along with a message, ‘I help tinted your windows so you won’t have to squint so much.’ Jong Kook had to leave his car in the auto-shop for a few days, causing him delays to follow her around.

He wanted revenge. So he kicked one of her side mirrors of her ‘baby’ car, leaving her fuming. He was pretty satisfied. Ji Hyo wanted to kick off both of his side mirrors but instead she did something more. She stuffed the muffler of his car with rocks and dirt, causing his car to shut down.

The war went on back and forth for a week straight until they started avoiding each other’s presence.

Today was Ji Hyo’s last day with her drama crew, Emergency Couple. They had a final group dinner together with the staffs. Kwang Soo stopped the car to lead Ji Hyo inside while Jong Kook stayed in the car to check securities.

“Aren’t you coming, Mr. Bodyguard?”

“No.” Jong Kook was still annoyed at her.

“Ahahaha, noona, can you believe what the room is called? The Hare. Ahaha.”

“So?” Ji Hyo asked.

“Haven’t you heard of the turtle and the hare?” Kwang Soo asked as she stared at them blankly.

“Just go inside, you might turn into a turtle after all.” Jong Kook said as Ji Hyo grabbed his hair and made him scream in pain.

“Stop screaming so others won’t think weirdly, okay Mr. Bodyguard?” Ji Hyo said before letting go and exiting the car.

“Aish that lady.”

Ji Hyo met the crew and the fun of the night begins. Tonight was Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk’s couple spotlight to wrap up. They side hug and were interviewed about the drama and their character.

Back to Jong Kook who was in the car, Kye Sang called him.

“Jong Kook Hyung, where is Ji Hyo?”

“Why don’t you call her?” He was getting tired of Kye Sang always calling him to check up on Ji Hyo. He was still mad at her for wrecking his car.

“Look out for her, there might be some trouble tonight.”

“Did-“ Jong Kook spot a big van outside the restaurant kept circling around a few times now.

“Some business didn’t go well, I’m afraid something might happen to her.”

“I got it.” Jong Kook got out of the car as he see a few men enter the restaurant. He ran inside to look for Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo. He barged into the reception desk, trying to stay calm as the men disappeared.

He tried to enter the busy room after passing with his ID. There were many people, more from he saw last time. There, Ji Hyo and Jin Hyuk were holding hands, laughing and conversing with each other and the crews. He watched from outside as Ji Hyo and the rest started eating.

Jin Hyuk fed Ji Hyo the stir fried octopus, gathering oohs and ahhs from everyone. Jong Kook was really annoyed now. They even did a couple’s love shot. Jong Kook wanted to shove Jin Hyuk away from her but he couldn’t as there were too many eyes.

Ji Hyo got up to use the restroom. As she got out, someone pulled her aside. It was Jong Kook and she wasn’t too happy about it. She was going to pull away when Jong Kook covered and turned her around. She peeked under his arm to see why he was hiding her. There were the same gangsters who tried to kidnap her from before walking down the hall.

Moon Hee Jun and his two minion with another two were laughing along the hall.

“Aigoo, look at that? Woman these days are so easy to get laid.” The thugs laughed at them. Ji Hyo heard his heart beat quickening as she pressed her head again his big chest. Her heart started to flutter as Jong Kook leaned into the crook of her neck, hiding her face. His breath tickled her ears and she shuffled around but he held her still.

“Stay still,” he whispered. He could smell the fragrance of her perfume. Her skin was soft and pale, her hair still linger with a strawberry scent. He was getting distracted but the snorting from Hee Jun brought back his focus.

“Good job bro,” one patted Jong Kook’s shoulder before whistling at them. Ji Hyo was scared to her toes now. She didn’t expect them anymore. She forgot they even exist for a while after pranking Jong Kook. After waiting until they were gone to their room, Jong Kook stopped holding onto Ji Hyo who was hiding under him. They let out a breath of relief and rested on each other.

“Yah, let go of me. They’re gone now.” Ji Hyo whispered as her heartbeat increased with his hot breath tickling her.

“Stay still, what if they come back?” He excused, wanting to stay longer. He didn’t know what overcame him. Something about Ji Hyo kept luring him, kept distracting him.

“T-They won’t.” Ji Hyo pushed Jong Kook off her. She felt an electric shock as she felt Jong Kook’s lips touch her nape. He turned around to check one more time. Ji Hyo felt her legs giving out strength so she shoved him out of her way to go back. He was quick to catch her as she stumbled again. Their faces were inches apart as he caught her in his arms. She tried to shrug him off but he held her still.

“I think you shouldn’t stay here anymore. I have a bad feeling about it.” He pointed over to the thugs’ room.

“The crews are still in there though.”

“Seriously? You want to get beat up again?” He wondered why she was not afraid after almost getting kidnap by those thugs. She thought about it too, whatever their purpose was she didn’t know. As much as she doesn’t want to be around Jong Kook, he was right. She nodded her head as a smile spread from his lips.

“Good girl.”

“Am I a dog?” She shrugged him off, “addressing me like that.” She was walking back to the room as Jong Kook tailed her.

“You said it yourself.” Jong Kook whispered. He left her at the door to go in, the door was open so some could barely see him.

“Oh, is it you, Jong Kook oppa?” a tiny voice called behind him. He turned around to be shock.

Ji Hyo was going to bid farewell but as she turned around to catch sight of Jong Kook, she saw him and Clara standing intimately close, her clinging onto his arm.

“I’m right, it is you Jong Kook oppa.” Clara look more closely at Jong Kook’s shocked face.

“W-what are you doing here Clara?”

“I’m attending a drama dinner. But why are you here oppa?” Clara tried to pull him inside. “I haven’t seen you for so long, let’s have a drink together.” Jong Kook wanted to push her away but he saw a thug coming out of the room so he went in.

Ji Hyo wanted snap them apart as Jong Kook came inside the room with Clara holding onto his arm, his smiling eyes.

“Everyone, I would like you to meet Kim Jong Kook, my oppa.” Clara announced. All eyes turned to them.

“Oh, it’s Jong Kook oppa,” Yeo Jin shouted out. She ran to hug Jong Kook.

“You know each other?” Clara asked.

“Of course. He even had a group dinner with us before.” Yeo Jin led him to the table. Now that he was officially announced, he can’t leave. Ji Hyo sat beside Yeo Jin and Jin Hyuk, across from Jong Kook who is sitting beside Clara.

They were giving each other the looks:

JH: ‘Why did you come inside?’

JK: ‘She pulled me in.’ He eyeballed Clara who cheerfully ordered more food for Jong Kook.

They were staring back and forth until Clara popped in the dishes.

“Oppa, eat this.” She put in some chicken soup in front of him. “I know you don’t like unhealthy food but tonight is a great reunion so take it as a favor, alright?” Jong Kook nodded to her as she paced the stir fried beef with other grilled meat there.

Ji Hyo was darting knives at them, Ho long have they known each other for her to know what he likes to eat? Meh, must be obvious.

“Wow, never thought that Clara would be taking care of a man like this.” Jin Hyuk chirped.

“Aniyo, I take care of everyone I know,” Clara smile brightly. How much do they know each other? Ji Hyo wondered.

“So, how are you two related?” Yeo Jin asked. Clara peeked at Jong Kook who didn’t say anything. Ji Hyo pretended to not listen and continued eating but, believe me, her ears were wide open.

“Just,” She lightly hit his shoulder, “We were colleagues and friends. Right?”

“Nneh, we are close. Like siblings.” Jong Kook replied.

“Really? Just brothers and sister?” Yeo Jin shined happily.

“Really,” The other two nodded. Really, jjinja?

“Eehh~, that’s what people who likes each other say all the time.” Jin hyuk teased them. “You both must be hiding a secret.” Hmph, Jin Hyuk is right. Friends don’t cling onto each other like that. Ji Hyo took a shot. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo who swallowed the whole shot after eating spicy stir fried octopus, ended up coughing. He quickly handed a napkin to help her.

“You have to be careful, always mixing up pepper with soju.” Jong Kook nagged.

“Do you know each other Jong Kook oppa?” Clara asked.

“You didn’t know Jong Kook oppa was Ji Hyo’s bodyguard?” Yeo Jin was excited, she knew something about Jong Kook that Clara didn’t, scoring points.

“Really?” Clara was astounded, “Really really?” Jong Kook only nodded to her. “Daebak, it must be awesome.” She squealed.

“Ani, not at all.” Jong Kook starts relaxing now. “She’s really stubborn.”

“When was I like that?” Ji Hyo interrupted.

“All the time.”

“All the time? What about you?”

“That time you-“

“What about me? See.” They were arguing back and forth.

Frustrated as the mini group kept looking at them they halted. Clara calmed him down and patted his back while Jin Hyuk and Yeo Jin distracted her. They wanted to hurt each other right there but they were overly jealous at the contact each other was having with the other person.

Jong sent Clara out to her car while the others were going to leave too.

“So oppa, how have you been?” Clara asked him.

“Good.”

“Just good? Don’t lie. It’s been two years already. There must be more.”

“Running around only. You know me.” Jong Kook smiled. “What about you? I see you have grown prettier. Must have a bunch of guys running after you huh?”

“Of course,” Clara laughed. “Ani, I’ve been busy running around the world. But I’m really glad to bump into you, oppa. So, have you met abeonim and ommanim yet?” Jong Kook just shook his head, trying to maintain his smile.

“They would be really happy to see you again.”

“Have you been going to see my parents?” He asked her seriously. She nodded. “Don’t go anymore.”

“Oppa,” she saw the unhappy look in his eyes. “Nneh. But, they are very remorseful for what happened oppa. They didn’t mean for it to happen, they were sad too.”

“Clara, I would like it if you stop defending them. Why are you always on their side?” He was getting angry. Clara didn’t want to upset Jong Kook.

Ji Hyo came outside to look for Jong Kook as Kwang Soo was going to follow up. She saw them standing at Clara’s car having a conversation.

Clara hugged Jong Kook, wrapped her arms around his waist to pat his back. Ji Hyo didn’t like it one bit. She gulped down as Jong Kook hugged her back, it was as if she swallowed sand and rocks. It was so bitter, hard to go through her chest.

“Mianhae,” Clara whispered. “I won’t then. I will be on your side. It’s all my fault, I’m sorry oppa.” Jong Kook raised his arms to return her hug, he didn’t mean to blame her. They broke the hug and Clara smile brightly again. “And you, eat more. You lost so much weight.”

“You too.” Jong Kook held her chin teasingly. “Your chin got smaller. Did you get surgery?” Clara punch his shoulder. “Ow, I’m just kidding.”

Ji Hyo wanted to disappear but her feet won’t move. She was stuck.

Clara placed a peck on Jong Kook’s cheek before leaving.

Ji Hyo finally got the strength to leave the scene, she couldn’t stand looking at them like that anymore.

“Aish seriously? What if others see this?” Jong Kook was quick to respond.

“It’s alright, I’m modernized.” Clara laughed. “See you, oppa. Take care.” He nodded as she got in her car.

Ji Hyo was walking to the car as the images kept popping her head. That jerk. I knew something was up. They are more than siblings. Siblings don’t kiss. That liar. She sniffed at the cold air.

“Aish, I forgot to bring the keys. Kwang Soo isn’t even here yet.” Ji Hyo whined to herself. She was going to walk back as she forgot her phone was with Kwang Soo. A hand reached over her shoulder.

She turned to see if it was Kwang Soo but horror was brought to her eyes.

“Hi.” Hee Jun waved at her. “it seems like you’re lost.” The three minions surrounded her.

Jong Kook looked for Ji Hyo as she wasn’t with Kwang Soo. He went to car as he saw a black van screeching over to the area where parked the car. He ran as he saw Ji Hyo was shoved inside.

“It’s that fattie.” He cursed to himself as he saw Hee Jun in the driver’s seat.

************************************************************************************

hello bunnies. I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. I know i know. She's always getting in trouble, KJK is her hero yet they always argue. Don't worry, they are liking each other, just not realizing it yet. The story will connect them all soon!