The Truth

Timeless Love

Kye Sang entered the room and stopped before the sight of him. Soo Jin was sitting on a chair with her hands and mouth taped as Seung Hyun and the man surrounded her.

(Cut to another place)

“Joo Ji Hoon.” Jong Kook stood at the door of the dark room. The man, now known as Ji Hoon got up and smiled coldly.

“You’re here.”

Jong Kook look down at Ji Hyo. Her face was bruised, her eyes swollen and the dark circle dragged under her eyes. Her hair was a mess as well as her clothes. She only lied on the ground, squinting her eyes at him.

Jong Kook stepped closer as the Ji Hoon stood up and they meet eye to eye. Jong Kook clenched his fist as he stepped up. Ji Hoon could see the fury in his face.

“Kim Jong Kook.” He said.

“Move.” Ji Hoon looked back at Ji Hyo and shook his head. Jong Kook walked up and shove Ji Hoon out of the way. There, they start fighting as Ji Hoon reached Jong Kook and stopped him from getting close to Ji Hyo.

(Cut back to different scene)

“Why, are you disappointed?” Seung Hyun looked up at Kye Sang. Kye Sang looked at Soo Jin who only look at him tearfully. Seung Hyun walked up to her and patted her head, leaning to her shoulder behind her as he smirk at Kye Sang. Kye Sang clenched his fist.

“Song Ji Hyo is in a different room. Are you going to save this little cat here first or will you go save Ji Hyo?”

“You!”

Seung Hyun shook his head and clicked his tongue. “You decide.” He sniff Soo Jin as she tried to move from him. He pulled her hair and force her to look at Kye Sang. “But I can’t guarantee what will happen to her… Who knows… Ji Hoon might be having fun with her now…” He laughed evilly and kissed Soo Jin’s mouth although the tape still separated them.

Kye Sang took out his gun as the other men did too.

“Play fairly, will you?” Seung Hyun signal the men to put down their gun. Kye Sang refused to and still kept his gun in place. Seung Hyun reached for a blade and pointed it at Soo Jin. Their eyes lock as Seung Hyun reached for the strap of her red dress and cut it with the knife. Soo Jin cry as she closed her eyes, the humiliation burning her.

“Stop it!” Kye Sang yelled out but Seung Hyun didn’t stop and only pulled the torn fabric on her shoulder apart, as it revealed her bra. Kye sang threw the gun on the ground as Seung Hyun turn to look at him.

“If I beat your men, let her go.” Kye Sang stated. Seung Hyun smirked and nodded.

“That’s if you do.” Then his men all started charging toward Kye Sang.

(Cut to different scene)

Jong Kook and Ji Hoon shoved each other around the room as Jong Kook flipped Ji Hoon over and was ready to punch him again.

 

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOtj5WtkR1Q )

 

“Did you think that Bora loved you?”

“What?” Jong Kook froze in action and flinched.

“Did,” he stare at Jong Kook, “she ever tell you the thing between her and Choi Seung Hyun?”

Jong Kook could only stood there and rethink about the memories of Bora. He didn’t say anything at all, just silence.

“She didn’t tell you anything huh?” Ji Hoon asked again.

“What are you talking about?” Jong Kook grabbed the front of his shirt furiously.  

“Yoon Bora… used you,” Ji Hoon told him.

Jong Kook felt his heart crash. Bora used me?

“That girl didn’t even tell you the truth before she died.” Ji Hoon smiled pathetically.

“N-No.” Jong Kook tried to remanence. 

“She didn’t feel the same way Because,” he started again. “She loved him. She loved Choi Seung Hyun.” Ji Hoon confessed. Jong Kook could only unbelievably stay shock. He thought Bora felt the same way towards him. She was going to marry him. She accepted the ring. She asked for more time and hugged him.

“No way! You are lying to me!” He remembered Bora lying in a pool of blood with his ring and a happy photo of them. She had her bag. She was going to leave, she was going to go somewhere.

*Flashback

‘Jong Kook oppa, I need to tell you something.’

‘It’s important.’

‘Jong Kook-ah.’

“I’ll be back. Trust me.’ Jong Kook said. She tried to ask him to stay but he left.

‘I’m sorry,’ she said after hugging him.

*Flashback

“No, it’s not true.” Jong Kook started talking to himself, declaring that Ji Hoon was lying.

“They, were going to run away together. And elope. Because she fell in love with him, and-“

“Stop it!”

“he loved her.”

“Stop messing with me!”

“Bora didn’t love you! She only used you to stop Kye Sang from knowing that she was involved with Seung Hyun!”

Everything was becoming cloudy in Jong Kook’s vision as he tried to remember those days. Ji Hoon’s voice echoed through his head and the world started to spin.

 “Your ring--- the photo----was----return—“ “But she---“ “—shot—“ “Choi Seung---“ “—pulled---trigger—“ “Tried to kill------life---death---“

“Bora—“ “—only care----nothing more---“ “you” “---over”

“Don’t—forgive---me.”

Every word became faint, every image pained his head and heart. He roared in pain. Jong Kook gripped onto Ji Hoon’s collar shirt and punches him over and over again. Ji Hoon flipped him over and started to punch Jong Kook back. They scrambled on the ground, fought each other. With every punch he made, the image of his and Bora’s happy moments were fumbling through his head. Now he knows why this happened.

In Ji Hoon’s head, he could remember everything clearly as he was the one to find out about Choi Seung Hoon and Yoon Bora’s affair. The Chois and Yoons were always fighting over gang business. However, Bora and Seung Hoon fell for each other and Mr. Choi refused to let Seung Hoon marry her. Kye Sang never found out about it but was close to until Jong Kook came in the picture. Bora only loved Jong Kook as a friend but he didn’t know that she was also using him to stop her brother’s suspicion and fell in love with Bora.

In Jong Kook’s head was only embraced with betrayal and denial. The various times Bora confessed her love to him and got drunk.

*Flashback*

“After killing Katashi, I’m going for your brother. And if you’re sincere enough, let him know for me. His heart might not be as broken as it is to witness his wife’s death.” Jong Kook pushed Bora onto the wall harshly once again and left the room.

*

Bora bumped into his chest at the club, “I love you.”

*

Bora wrapped her arms around Jong Kook as she leaned on his back.

“Can’t you love me?” Jong Kook stopped tugging her fingers. “Can’t you forget everything and turn to love me oppa?” Bora’s voice shake. “Forget about Honey unnie and love me, uh? Forget about revenge and everything please?”

*

Bora ran in front and dodge the bullet from hitting Jong Kook as blood splatter over his face.

“Yoon Bora! Don’t leave me!” Jong Kook called for her.

*

He waited for her at Namsan Tower for almost one hour. She finally arrived before he called her. Her eyes were pink and nose was red. She seemed disturbed and like she got finish crying.

He kneeled on one knee and propose to her.

“What did I do to deserve this? I’m sorry…” She looked down as her tears fell and his heart sank.

They hugged as they agree to engage first.

*

“Jong Kook oppa,” Bora leaned on his back as they were feeding each other food for the picnic. “If I were to wrong you one day, will you hate me?”

*

Jong Kook rested her on the bed as he leaned down and tickled her. She screamed and giggle as they tried to tickle each other. “Oppa, don’t hahaha.”

Jong Kook finally stopped as she rested still under him. He kissed her forehead and laid on the bed, pulling her into his chest.

“I wish everyday was like this.” Jong Kook commented as he peck her head and held her hand.

But he doesn’t see her guilty face as she stayed in his arms.

*

The house was a mess with the glass and items shattered all over the floor.

Jong Kook dropped the bouquet of roses in his hand and darted off inside. He ran inside only to stop, falling on the floor at the front of the hallway. His eyes widen in terror as he saw her laid at the end of the of the hall scatter in blood. His body grew numb and weak as he blink over and over again.

Jong Kook tried to get up as his legs wobble and jelly as he tripped trying to reach her. His knee started hurting badly as pain shot through his leg. He let out a low grunt helplessly as he dragged himself towards her.

Crawling on the floor, he reached her as he could see the back of her body, seeping on her blood.

“Bora…” he whispered her name as he reached to touch her. His vision became blurry as he touched her body. It was cold as ice, he moved her hair out of her face to reveal her pale and wet face.

He pulled her into his arm in a haste when he realized that she was not moving even to breathe. In her hand was a photo of them together smiling happily. He exhaled deeply as he struggled to talk.

“B-Bora.” He lowered himself down and hold her body in his, his hands reached up to hold her face. She wasn’t breathing anymore. Not even a nerve moved.

“T-this is not funny Bora. D-don’t play with me…” He tried to believe that she was just pranking him but deep in his heart he knew that it wasn’t a lie.

Tears dripped from his eyes as he tried to wake her up. He desperately hold her in his arms as he wrapped his arms around her, trying to warm her up.

“Y-Yoon Bora… Don’t be like this… I’m already back…” He choke back tears as his voice crack.

No response from her body, there he knew that he can’t do anything.

“Didn’t you say you have to tell me something?” He cried out.

He was too shock to realize that her suitcase was in the living room.

*Flashback to present

Ji Hoon thought that Bora really loved Jong Kook. But turns out she was still meeting him as he caught them together on the same day before Jong Kook asked her to marry him. He was going to tell Jong Kook the truth but Bora begged him not to and that she will tell him herself. That’s how it all ended.

Just thinking about it made Ji Hoon and Jong Kook angry.

They finally stopped punching each other after a while. Both lied on the ground, catching for breath and exhaustion.

“Sorry Hyung. I should have told you and Kye Sang.”

“It’s too late now.”

“Better than never.”

“Tell me. Why are you on the Choi’s side instead of Kye Sang’s?”

“Haven’t you heard of the saying, ‘you have to walk into the tiger’s den in order to catch its cubs’?” Ji Hoon said in a matter-of-factly tone. “That’s exactly what I’m doing. I’m going to kill those Choi b*st*rds.”

They groaned in pain and Jong Kook got up to Ji Hyo and carried her over his shoulder after he noticed that she had fainted.

“Ji Hoon-ah, thank you,” then left without looking back at him.

(Cut to different scene)

Kye Sang beat up the last man as he suffered a few blows. He dragged himself towards them but another man sneaked up behind him and hit the back of his head with a pipe, causing him to trip and roll on the ground. The men swarm in and tackled him down.

Seung Hyun walked up to him with his knife.

“You know, we could have been brother- in-laws… if Jong Kook didn’t get in the picture.”

“What are you saying?” Kye Sang gritted his teeth.

“Bora and I.” Seung Hyun stated as Kye Sang was too shock.

“Lies…” Kye Sang won’t believe it. His sister would never get involve like him. Seung Hyun took out the contents from his blazer and show them to Kye Sang. There were photos of them taking selfies and kissing. Then he made a shooting sound to the pictures and smirked at Kye Sang.

Kye Sang had always blamed Jong Kook for the death of his sister, but here it was. Another truth to be told. It was none other than Seung Hyun. Kye Sang squirmed underneath the pressure but to no prevail.

Seung Hyun was about to stab Kye Sang but Soo Jin ripped out of the tape that bind her hands together and pushed Seung Hyun out of the way.

She grabbed a metal pipe and swing it at the men that held him captive.

“en b*tch.” Seung Hyung ran behind and grabbed a handful of her hair and beated her up. Kye Sang tried to get up and help her but the men wrestled him on the ground and force him to stay on the ground.

Soo Jin scream as he pushed her on the ground and let Kye Sang see her injured face.

“Let her go! Let her go this instant you er!” Kye Sang yelled at him. “Don’t touch her!”

Seung Hyun pushed Soo Jin to kneel sit in front of Kye Sang as he tried to release himself.

“You were so lucky to have her, she’s pretty fierce, unlike the other one. I can’t believe she even tried to save that Ji Hyo girl.” Seung Hyun stare at Kye Sang. “Any last words, p*ssycat?” He purred as he held played with the knife in his hands.

“If you’re a man then let her go.” Kye Sang gritted his teeth.

Soo Jin smiled bitterly and stopped struggling.

“Kye Sang-ah… thank you… for choosing me…” Soo Jin’s face streamed down tears as she tried to cover herself. He froze and only hopelessly look at her. “I love you….” She whispered.

“Even if you don’t feel the same way, just know that I will always love you. I love you, Yoon Kye Sang.” She smiled happily as Seung Hyun pulled her around. She tried to push him away and tried to stop the knife but he was quicker and stabbed her.

Kye Sang was too caught up by her sudden confession to realize what had happen. He sees Soo Jin get stabbed repeatedly by Seung Hyun as she groan in pain and blood begin to pool around her.

“No!” Kye Sang finally yelled out and tried even harder to release himself. The person he always discuss his love life about actually fell in love with him. Willing to die for him and protect Ji Hyo because he liked… Ji Hyo…

Tears filled his eyes as he sees her slumped over and Seung Hyun pushed her body on the ground as she looked straight at him, weakly and tears falling to the side of her face.

He screamed and screamed for Soo Jin and Seung Hyun evilly laugh and walked out of the warehouse. The men finally let go of Kye Sang as he crawled to Soo Jin’s lifeless body that froze.

He pull her in his arms and cried, trying to stop the blood but it was no use. She couldn’t even say anything as he only cried and called her name. She faintly smiled and closed her eyes.

“Park Soo Jin!” Kye Sang kept crying. The other men made their way towards him and pointed the gun at his head. He paid no attention to them as he only embraced the dead Soo Jin.

Before the man could pull the trigger, he screamed hysterically as his hand was shot off by someone else. The police came in and force the men to step away and drop their weapons.