Fashion Night

Timeless Love

Today was the day of the fashion ball held by Keyeast in collaboration of group K and Yoon.

Jong Kook had wanted to avoid going but he had to in case there was trouble. He was waiting outside with Kwang Soo for Ji Hyo.

As Ji Hyo exit the entrance and walked to the van, Jong Kook couldn’t keep his eyes off her. The dark sapphire color dress contrast with her light skin, the slit on the slit accentuated her leg and the small cape that drape from the shoulders on the back, exposing the milky white skin. Her hair was lightly pulled up into a half updo, making her look classy with the light makeup that was on point, like a goddess.

Ji Hyo was led into the van by Kwang Soo. Kwang Soo was waiting for Jong Kook who sill froze with his eyes glued on Ji Hyo.

“Jong Kook Hyung,” Kwang Soo waved his hand in front of his face but he didn’t blink. “Kim Jong Kook.” Still no answer. “J-Jong Kook-ah?” Kwang Soo said louder. Jong Kook grabbed the back of his neck and turned serious.

“What did you call me?” as Kwang Soo was slightly push who only apologize.

“I thought you were possessed.” Kwang Soo apologize immediately.

After the dispute between the muscle man and giraffe, they headed to the event. Jong Kook kept looking over at Ji Hyo as Kwang Soo sat beside her and told how everything will unfold at the event. She only nodded. The atmosphere of Ji Hyo and Jong Kook was still awkward. As they arrived at the red carpet, Ji Hyo exited the van as the reporters were flashing cameras at her. Kye Sang was waiting for her in his black tuxedo, his hair gelled back. He smiled happily at her as she bowed. He took out his arm for her and she slightly clung her arm over his as they smile for the cameras before walking to the stage.

Jong Kook could only look afar with Kwang Soo as she was walking further and further. You two look good together. There won’t be a place for me… I should stay out of the picture.. He thought as he drove the van away.

Ji Hyo mask on her social smile as she met many other celebrities within the ballroom. Reporters were not present until the fashion walk begins. They greeted many important figures as Kye Sang introduced her to them.

“Oh look at who this is, CEO Yoon.” an elderly man faintly smiled at them. Kye Sang look up to see the faces in front of him. Mr. Choi looked at them and identify them from head to toe, observing Ji Hyo.

“Hello CEO Yoon.” another man said as there was another elder man there that he recognized. Kye Sang’s happy smile turned gray as the tension grew.

“Hello Mr. Choi and Mr. Kim.” His eyes turned cold as he fake smile. Ji Hyo noticed his change of voice although she didn’t really care about whatever business they had with each other.

“And this is?” Mr. Choi asked. Kye Sang didn’t answer so Ji Hyo bowed.

“Hello, I’m Song Ji Hyo, a model/actress from C-Jes. Nice to meet you.” Both of the elderly man smiled at her faintly.

“Oh really?” Mr. Choi asked. “I can see why he chose you to be his partner tonight then. I know a few projects that are looking for a lead, I would like to recommend you. It seems you have the looks for it.”

“Thank you for the offer Mr. Choi.” Ji Hyo replied. “But I think that my experience might not catch up to it.”

“Oh don’t be humble. I’m sure you must be a great asset that’s why you are here with CEO Yoon. Honestly, you don’t see many women around him.” The old man chuckled.

Ji Hyo could feel Kye Sang flinching at the mention of her constantly. He let go of her arm and pulled her over to distance them from the elder men.

“Song Ji Hyo-ssi, if you’ll excuse me, I have some business to talk about.” He whispered to her while he smiled at her. She nodded as she felt really uncomfortable between the elder men and him. “Walk around, it’s beautiful tonight. I’ll accompany you later.”

Ji Hyo walked away as he headed back to the group. Mr. Kim and Mr. Choi looked at him, both with different expressions. Mr. Choi menacing wore a grin while Mr. Kim had a worried, bother look.

“Sorry for my rudeness,” Kye Sang apologize and picked up a glass as the waiter walks around with drinks.

“Not at all.” Mr. Choi chuckled.

“Have you been well, Mr. Kim?” Kye Sang asked coldly.

“Probably just as much as you.” The old man answered.

“Oh I forgot,” Mr. Choi chuckled. “You two almost became family.” making their faces turn sour. “Oops, I thought that you guys were over it. I have such a bad memory. My apologies.” But the grin still stayed on his face, mocking them. Mr. Kim cleared his throat before excusing himself.

“Have your son’s health improve?” Kye Sang said coldly as he fake his smile which made Mr. Choi’s face turn into a grim look as he pretended to smile too.

“Yes, quite a lot actually.” Kye Sang held the glass cup and sipped from it, nodding his head slightly.

“That’s good then.” He was about to walk pass him but stopped before clinking their glasses. “Cheers to his improvement then.” His face then turn playful, “Mr. Choi.” He turn back to face Mr. Choi who turned his head to face him. “Don’t think about doing anything stupid, or else you might be visiting a grave instead of a hospital.” He walked away with the smile still plastered over his face and raised his glass one more time to look for Ji Hyo. Mr. Choi clenched his fist in anger.

“We’ll see about that, Yoon Kye Sang.”

************************************************************************

(Just my opinion-> listen to 2ne1- Go away slow remix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad-3qGwn6pM ) [throughout the whole story] :D

Jong Kook walked into the eve garden that was pattern with soft lights and candles, the garden was shimmery as the ground was covered in glitter and there was an ice sculpture lighting in the center. This looked like a little haven. He breathe in the fresh air as the it smelled of spring flowers and the garden had sections of roses of many colors decorating it.

While sitting by the side, he heard footsteps entering as he got up and ran away like a robber. He waited to see who it was: Song Ji Hyo. She walked into the garden and sat where he did. To her it was a beautiful place. She held her left hand, the one that got burn yesterday. The mark had disappeared but it still sore. She was massaging it as she made sure no one was there. She took off her heels and stepped into the water fountain creek to cool her swollen feet. He had stopped wearing heels for a while now. After she was constantly traced by the fattie thugs, she had always wore flats and tennis shoes that can help her walk fast.

He saw pulling her pull up he long dress to her knees as she stood under the light. Her eyes gleam as she smiled at the cooling sensation. He was mesmerized by her beauty. It had never failed to make him waver. She started splashing her foot in there until she heard a clank. She looked around quickly and got out of the fountain creek. She tried to dry her feet with the end of her dress and quickly wore her 5 inch dark blue heels. She walked away to the ice sculpture.

Hyung Sik and Soo Jin entered.

“Isn’t this beautiful?” He twirl around to show Soo Jin. She smiled as her red dress drag behind her and her hair was pulled into an updo.

“It is.” She exclaimed and looked all over. “This is…”

“Soo Jin-ah, this is your paradise. Didn’t you say you want to be proposed in this kind of place?” He chirped at her.

“Hyung Sik-ah…” She smile faintly and hugged him. “Thank you. Really.” He hugged her back and patted her back.

“Soo Jin-ah. Happy birthday.” He smiled and whisper. “But I’m sorry, there’s no proposal-“ Soo Jin pulled back from the embrace and put a finger over his lips.

“This is enough. You did great. I love it.”

“Soo Jin-ah,” Hyung Sik looked at her seriously, “I’m getting married.”

“I know,” she nodded.

“You did?”

“I asked her to marry you too.”

“It’s win-win situation. And, I want you to start a family.”

“I-“

“I know you want to settle down too. But I think that she is the best one right now. She’s able to make you angry, unlike me who always make you worried.”

“Soo Jin-ah, don’t think like that.”

“Hyung Sik-ah, I don’t want you to suffer alone anymore.”

“I’m not alone, I have you.” He answered sadly and walked away to the fountain. She followed behind and wrapped her arms around his back, back hug as he closed his eyes.

“Ahem!” They both turn to look and saw Sung Joon looking at them weirdly with his hand, pretending to cough and cleared his throat. “I didn’t know you were filming the Titanic.” He walked to them they parted.

“Soo Jin-ah, you might want to change your name to Soon Jung (innocence).” He chuckled as Soo Jin lightly hit his shoulder.

"More like you," she said.

“Aigoo, it hurts.” Sung Joon playfully held his shoulder.

“You punk,” Hyung Sik pretended to kick him. The trio laughed together. “Is your knee better now?”

“Of course, with technology and various treatments. I’m as good as new.” He touched his knee.

Hyung Sik smiled and patted his back.

“That’s good then.”

“Let’s get back to the party,” Soo Jin chirped in between them and put her arms around their shoulders, leading them out.

Ji Hyo ducked out as she realized what she just heard. Jong was still hiding behind the bushes as his hand poked at the rose bush.

KJK thoughts: So he’s cheating on Ji Yeon? Such a two-timer, even bothering Ji Hyo now?

SJH thoughts: How are they related? Are they in a relationship?

LJY thoughts: So you both were really in love huh… Why marry me then?

Ji Yeon been walking on the second floor passing by the garden. Her peach coral dress lingers and sways as she walked across the hall. She was going on her business until she head splashes. She went to see and saw Soo Jin and Hyung Sik entering the garden. She hid behind the pillar as she saw them hugging each other happily. She was upset, a bit disappointed as she witnesses their skin ship and their naturalness around each other, envy and jealousy. She turned away and continue walking away, feeling teary.

What’s this? Why does it hurt to see you with her? Although she had notice their relationship earlier she felt angry. Why did he marry her if he love Soo Jin? Ani, forget it Ji Yeon. Hwaiting! You don’t care about him. She walked around the realm, passing the pillars.

Ji Hyo came out from behind the ice sculpture. She didn’t want to get in their business but she couldn’t ignore it, seeing the man who flamboyantly helped her hugging another woman when he was about to marry Ji Yeon. Somehow, she felt bad for her, a business marriage? She felt bad about saying those words to Ji Yeon but was about to leave back to the party.

Ji Hyo was standing under the swan sculpture, staring into the garden. Suddenly, someone from the shadows tipped the ice sculpture down, leaning toward Ji Hyo more and more.

Jong Kook quickly block the Ice sculpture from hitting Ji Hyo, causing them to roll on the ground. They tumbled a few rounds before Ji Hyo landed on top of Jong Kook. His hands were covering her head and holding her waist. She was clinging onto his shirt and shoulder. The elegant swan ice sculpture shattered into millions of pieces, sparkling as the light hit it. Jong Kook drew Ji Hyo close as they stood up. Ji Hyo gripped onto her hand. When they tumbled over, Ji Hyo’s hand got scratch by the concrete.

“Are you alright?” Jong Kook notices and quickly holds her hand. He took out his handkerchief to wrap her wound.

Ji Hyo pulled her hand away.

“Don’t touch me, or you will become filthy too.” She coldly said and turned away.

Jong Kook didn’t think that his words would hurt Ji Hyo so much. He wanted to stay by her side but his legs lost strength.

Kye Sang and the Hyung Sik group ran back inside to see where the crash came from and went to help them both.

Kye Sang helped attend her wound while Jong Kook watch by. She was happy with his best friend as she treated him warmly. Jong Kook felt his heart ache.

After applying a bandage on her hand, Kye Sang reached her hand up to his lips and landed a kiss there.

“There, it won’t hurt anymore.” Ji Hyo pulled her hand away and thank him. She was going to walk away but he reached for her arm again.

“I know you don’t like me. But can you stand by my side tonight? Even if it makes you uncomfortable…” Ji Hyo didn’t like staying by his side, especially when she knew he liked her. But the look in his eyes were gleaming. Ji Hyo let him hold her hand as she saw Jong Kook looking at them.

“Nneh, Kye Sang oppa.” Kye Sang was startle to hear her call him oppa for the first time as Jong Kook was too. They headed back to the party, drinking, gossiping. Ji Hyo was able to mask a smile among the crowd for Jong Kook to see. That his rejection had no effect on her, but on the inside she was crumbling down.

Jong Kook quickly took the shots from the table, swallowing the brandy rather faster than his liver can pump. Ji Yeon saw that Jong Kook was drinking too much as she went up to him and grabbed the drink he was taking.

“Slow down, you don’t want to get drunk Jong Kook oppa.” Jong Kook ignored her and continued to gulp down the expensive liquor. She pulled him away from the table with all her might to the sidelines. “Are you out of your mind?”

“I would like it if you leave me alone Ji Yeon-ssi.”

“I’m just trying to be polite. It thought you were health fanatic.”

“I’m taking a break now.” Ji Yeon smiled at him and leaned back on the pillar.

“Ani, there’s no such thing as a break. It’s either you go all in or out.” Jong Kook was getting drunk now, his vision was blurring. He stumbled back onto the next pillar.

“Why is t-that?” His words slurred. “Have you fallen in love before?” Ji Yeon stared at the drunk muscular man loosening his bow tie.

“I have.” She looked into the crowd of cheerful people gathering together. “I did. But he didn’t love me enough.” Jong Kook look over at her, she was a slim woman, pretty smart and funny to be around.

“Ha, who would leave you? You’ve got a whole package here. Unlike me.” Ji Yeon looked over to him, he was miserable, tussling his hair, before she looked away again.

“Someone did. Actually, he refused to marry me.” She chuckled to herself. “His parents didn’t like me.”

“Why? Did they not like the line of work you are in?”

“They didn’t like the fact that my parents are divorce and remarried.” Although he was fading away, Jong Kook heard it clearly. He felt bad for her as she was just like Ji Hyo.

“I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t be. Life happens, you can’t stop things out of your control.” She gave him a bigger smile to cheer herself on. “I’m happy that he didn’t marry me too. Now, I have independence every day without having to worry about others. But your life must be difficult, having to hide all the time.”

“Shhh…” He led his hands to his lips. Ji Hyo turned around to see them conversing at the corner. Hyung sik was nearby and saw them too. His temper was rising every time he sees her.

That ahjumma.

“Does that mean that you are in love?” She seriously asked. “By chance, is it Song Ji Hyo?” She covered . He only frowned at her, who would’ve thought that this clumsy girl here is so quick to catch up. “Daebak. I’m correct.” She started squealing. Jong Kook moved forward to cover with his hand and hide her behind the pillar.

“Stop squealing like a pig.” Jong Kook pulled her away, against the pillar. They were exceptionally close. Ji Yeon muffled words that were not audible.

“Digammhmhmh jjinja jomhmhm?”

“What? Stop talking or won’t let you go. Didn’t you promise me not to tell anyone?” Ji Yeon bit his hand and gasp for breath.

“I said I will not reveal your secret but I didn’t say that I won’t say anything about you… liking Ji Hyo-ssi.” She stuck out her tongue at him. “But from what I see, it seems like she likes you too.”

“Are you a psychic?”

“No, but it’s obvious the way you look at each other. Why not just confess?”

“I can’t do that.”

“Why?”

“My best friend likes her.” Now that Ji Yeon thinks about it, Ji Hyo has been around Kye Sang all day. She covered once more.

“A love triangle now? Kim Jong Kook-ssi, just how many secrets do you have?” Jong Kook hushed for her to lower her voice again. “Ommo, this is too much to take in.”

Jong Kook just chuckled and look away. Being around Ji Yeon has cooled his mind a lot. He was glad there was someone he could contend to, chat with. She was wildly screaming her head off in her brain.

“But she doesn’t like him? How can you push her to him when you obviously like her more?”

“Kye Sang had never really like a girl before.” His eyes sadden. “It seems, Ji hyo is the first woman he took seriously.” Ji Yeon felt bad for him but she didn’t know how to comfort him as Jong Kook was just like her too. She likes Hyung Sik but he has Soo Jin by his side. Even if they fight all the time, she knew that she had feelings for him. 

Jong Kook’s vision blurred as he sees Ji Yeon turning into Ji Hyo. Her puppy eyes inviting him. He confronted her closer but stumbled onto her shoulder. She heard him faintly quivering, almost crying. She took in a deep breath before hugging him back.

“Sometimes… fate can pass you by.” Ji Yeon told him. “If you keep giving others their happiness… then who will give you yours?” Jong Kook held in his tears hearing Ji Yeon’s soft voice.

Hyung Sik peeped into the hall of pillars beside the ball. Seeing them hold onto each other made him jealous, very jealous. The woman who always embarrassed him is hugging another man. Not just any man but Ji Hyo’s bodyguard, a tall muscular man too. He quicken his pace to reach them.

“What are you doing lovebirds?” He called out with his smiling face. His presence broke them apart.

“Nothing that involves you.” Ji Yeon replied. She was going to take Jong Kook away but Hyung Sik stopped her.

“It does.” He gripped her wrist. “Why is my wife holding onto another man? I have every right to know right, yeobo?” He cooed. Ji Yeon wanted to smack his head but Jong Kook was there.

“Kim Jong Kook-ssi, I’ll have someone come take you to a room to rest.” He informed before dragging Ji Yeon away.

“Kim Jong Kook, hwaiting!” Ji Yeon hollered at him

“Yah, why are you looking at other men when I’m here? Stop it.”

“You were looking at other women too.”

“So?”

“Stop bothering me then. Totally ruined the mood.”

“Oh so you got jealous and wanted to get back at me with Jong Kook?”

“What makes you think I’m jealous of you?”

“See, your face is frowning again.” He pointed to her forehead and she pushed his finger away.

“Watch where you put your hands.” She stormed off as he wiggle his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. They fought back and forth down the hall as Jong Kook chuckled at them. He leaned back on the pillar and closed his eyes after looking to still see Ji Hyo and Kye Sang dancing on the dance floor.

*****************************************************************************************************

The man sleeping on the hospital bed’s heart rate started running faster. His finger tingle and started to move. His forehead frowning with sweats and started breathing heavily. No one was here to see his reflexes.

A woman yelling at him, him pulling her away to the door and they fought. He shouted at her as she cried. Him begging her leave with him but turned her back to him instead. Suddenly he drew up a gun and pointed at her from behind, as she walked away from him.

Bang! Bang!

His eyes shot open as he gasped for breath.

***********************************************************