Fear

Timeless Love

Ji Yeon tried to back away from the stranger and praying to herself.

Omma~ What am I going to do? What if he’s a thief? A serial killer? A psychopath? Argh!

Ji Yeon was on the verge of crying and held her hands out to block him. She closed her eyes ready to face the dangers that may occur and bit her lips.

She peeked and see the man only look at her without emotion. He held out the yellow umbrella to her.

“Huh?” He gestured the umbrella at her. “F-for me?” He nodded. He placed the umbrella closed to her feet before getting up and stood in the rain again.

Ji Yeon only watched hesitantly as his back faced her.

“Bring it back after the rain stops.” He said before walking away.

Ji Yeon watched him walk away. She quickly picked up the umbrella and opened it up, ran after him.

“Ahjussi!” She called after him yet he didn’t stop. She ran beside him and covered them both with the umbrella. “It’s raining too much. Let’s share it.”

He stopped and faced her. She gulped as she felt his stare. She bowed her head a little. He continue to walk and she followed him again. He stopped again and glared at her.

“Why are you following me?” Ji Yeon gulped as his voice was deep and masculine.

“I-it’s raining.”

“I can see that.”

“And you might get sick… You were in the rain for too long, aren’t you afraid?” Ji Yeon tried to reason with him as she held the umbrella with her hands tightly.

He looked away and faced her again. “I’m not afraid of the rain.”

They locked eyes as he only stare at her. Somehow, she felt a tinge of sadness in his eyes at that moment. Then his eyes turn cold again.

“After the rain stops, bring me back the umbrella. Understand?” He said and walked away from the rain

“Where should I return it?” She yelled after him

“Here.” He said as he climbed the stairs.

Here? The stairs?

“What’s your name ahjussi?” but he was already far. Ji Yeon scratched head. She’s meeting so many people these days. Something about this man makes her feel uneasy. That hint of sadness made her confuse. She wants to know what happened to him, seems like he’s lonely.

But she just brushed it away. She was trying to find her way out as the rain grew heavier.

Soon she was lost. She wandered around for a good amount of time, well enough for the sky to grow grey. She stopped at the corner of the block and leaned on the brick.

I shouldn’t have ran off in the first place. Dummy. She pouted her lips and tried to find a way out.

Boom! The thunder storm again. Ji Yeon dropped the umbrella as she covered her ears. The rain wet her and she could only try to gather the strength to get up.

“What are you doing here?” She heard a voice. Ji Yeon looked up at the familiar voice ad there was Hyung Sik standing over her as he held the umbrella over them.

“Hyung Sik ah~” She whispered.

“Do you know how worried I was ahjumma?” He sounded a bit angry as she could see he was drench from head to toe. “Why did you leave without telling me?”

Ji Yeon looked up at him as she was a bit surprised. He was worried about her. Really? Hyung Sik caught what he said and quickly retorted.

“I-I’m not saying that you can’t leave. At least ell me so I won’t have to run around looking for you-“

Ji Yeon quickly got up and hugged him. Hyung Sik froze as she put her arms around his body,

“I was so scared that I’ll be stuck here.” He slowly pulled his other free hand to pat on her back as he heard her crying.

“It’s alright. I’m here now. Don’t be scared,” he cooed her. They stayed still until Ji Yeon pulled away and wiped away her tears. She looked away in embarrassment as she tried to remain calm.

Hyung Sik tilted his head to look at her. “Are you embarrass?”

“No.” She claimed.

“Ey~ Lies.” He .

“No way.” She said louder. He smiled at her as she shy away.

“Let’s go then,” He raised his hand to her. Ji Yeon looked at his hand that reached out to her.

Ji Yeon slowly reached her hand to him but stopped as she was about to hold his hand.

He doesn’t love me. He’s just being nice. She took a step back as her hand slumped to her side. He belongs to someone else. I shouldn’t be the other woman.

“Let’s go.” she walked away in the rain. This is probably what that ahjussi meant. ‘I’m not afraid of the rain.’ Ji Yeon let out a low chuckle to herself as she walked further from Hyung Sik.

Then she felt a sudden grasp on her hand. Ji Yeon turned back to meet Hyung Sik’s eyes.

“What?” Yet Hyung Sik only stepped closer to her. His gaze never left hers, locking her attention.

“You’re going the wrong way.” He held her hand tightly and drag her the other way as she blushed.

Great, so much for trying to leave. Ji Yeon face palm herself.

As for Hyung Sik, he made sure to hold her hand tightly. When she took away her hand that almost touched his and ignore him, he didn’t know why but it sting a bit. Why did it sting to be ignored by her? Seeing Ji Yeon walked farther away from him was a strike. Her distance made him feel… lonely. As if she was abandoning him.

That’s why he went after her and grabbed her hand. The cold look in her eyes made him feel like a stranger. Why did she look at him in that way? He gripped her hang tightly and told her she went the wrong way. Her hand was cold and freezing.

He didn’t turn back once, afraid she would ignore his gaze. He was scared that if they reached the place too soon, he would have to let go of her hand.

He took his time to lead them back to the orphanage.

“Just send me to my car at the market.” Ji Yeon called out. But he ignored her and headed straight for the orphanage. “Yah, Park Hyung Sik, can you hear me?” He only stopped when they reached the gate to the orphanage.

There, he let go of her hand and faced her. Her soft eyes made him hesitant as he stare into it. Thump, thump, thump.

“Park Hyung Sik, I told you to take me to my car didn’t I? Why did you bring me back here?”

“It’s raining so hard and you want to drive back in this state. In your dreams.” Hyung Sik opened the door and went in. “Go and change before you get sick.” He waited until she enter to close the door.

After changing in the room, Ji Yeon came out to launder the building. It wasn’t an extravagant place but better than most orphanages that she’s seen. he interior was more cozy and home like with many flower pots and nicely paved granite floor. There were rooms with tables to study and play rooms for the children. She entered a small room with couches and a small screen for a fire place that is actually a heater.

She sat on the couch as the heat warmed her freezing hands and feet. Seeing how cozy the couch look with the pillows and blanket there, she laid down with all her weight.

“Ah.” a manly voice grunted.

Ji Yeon quickly got up to see that Sung Joon was there, she jumped on him.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean too. I didn’t see you there. I thought it was-“

“Pillows and blankets.”

“Nneh, I swear it was an accident.” Ji Yeon raised her hand to the ceiling.  Sung Joon chuckled after seeing her frighten face. “Why are you laughing?”

“Because you’re funny.”

Ji Yeon furrowed her brows. “I’ll be leaving then,” She turned around to leave.

“Hold on Ji Yeon-ssi.” He got up to sit comfortably. Ji Yeon turn to face him. “You don’t have to leave. Hyung Sik is coming here in a few minutes.”

“Then I’ll be leaving,” she bowed again.

“Why? Are you scared?”

“What?” She faced him again. He got up from the couch and walked to her. Obviously, he was taller and looked down at her.

“Are you scared to see him?” Sung Joon asked.

“What are you talking about?”

“I don’t know why you both don’t realize it but it’s obvious to me that you like him. Isn’t it?”

“I have no idea what you are saying Sung Joon-ssi.”

“Then stay.” She only stare at him in disbelief. “Sit here comfortably and meet him and let’s all talk here. That’s if you don’t have any feelings for him.” It was more like a challenge.

“You-“ She pointed her finger at him. He looked at her finger and back at her, raising his eyebrows. “Fine.” She sat on the couch and folded her legs crisscross as she snatch a pillow. “Who is scared? Not me.” Sung Joon scratched his chin and smirk at her.

“Would you like some coffee?”

“Sure.” Ji Yeon nodded. “It would be nice.”

He left to get her some coffee. Ji Yeon look at the remote controls on the table as she tied her hair into a high bun and let her fringe down to her makeup-free face. The long sleeve sweater was rather warmer and the loose pajama pants that she had on was comfortable.

She touched the controllers. “What’s this?” she clicked a button. Music started playing, soft music, more classic. She pressed another button and lower the music. She touched another controller and the flames on the screen grew bigger then smaller and she adjusted the heat again.

“Here’s your coffee.” Sung Joon let the coffee sit in front of her.

“Thank you.” she grab the cup and drank it, only to yelp and stick out her tongue. “Hot~”

Sung Joon chuckled at her actions.

“It’s not funny.” she whined. She cooled her tongue off before drinking the coffee again, making sure to blow it first.

“So why are you two getting married?” He asked her out of nowhere.

“You already know so why ask me?”

“Every situation have two sides to it.”

“But in this case, there is only one.”

“Do you agree to the terms?”

“I do.”

He stopped and drank his coffee. He observed her clumsy self and smile.

“Hyung Sik is a fool, a bit slow. So if you like him, you should tell him straight ahead before it’s too late.”

Ji Yeon hesitated and continue to drink her coffee. “There’s nothing to discuss about. We are not like that.”

“Not in my eyes,” He leaned forward and put away his coffee on to the table top. “You like him and he likes you.”

“How would you know?”

“I’m psychiatrist. I study people’s emotions and their way of thinking.”

Ji Yeon leaned forward too, “Then can you tell how I think… about you?” She asked daringly as she locked eyes with him. He look straight at her.

“How did you know? He won’t be able to know what I’m thinking. This guy here is a jerk who think he knows it all.” He smiled, “That’s what you think right? Who does this person think he is?” Ji Yeon nodded her head and curved her lips.

“Actually, I was thinking differently,” Ji Yeon smiled more satisfyingly. “You seem to know Hyung Sik so well, you guys must be good friends. And you seem like a thoughtful person. It’s rare to see guys who are in their twenties to be a doctor already. You must have studied hard. That’s what I thought.”

Sung Joon gulped and blinked at her, she was different from how he thought she would be.

“What about me? What kind of person am I?” Hyung Sik sat on the opposite couch from them both as their were three couches there. Ji Yeon looked away as sipped her drink and Sung Joon only observed her.

“Yah, I’m asking you.” Hyung Sik talked louder.

“You’re annoying.”

“What?” Hyung Sik furrowed his brows and glared at her.

“Are you deaf? Not only are you annoying but deaf, a cheater, a liar, a scam, a Casanova, a scaredy cat, and a jerk.” Hyung Sik chuckled in disbelief while Sung Joon laugh to himself, earning a glare from Hyung Sik.

“Ahjumma, please remember that you are signed under my company, not the other way okay?” Ji Yeon turn back to glare at him.

He turn to see Sung Joon peeking at Ji Yeon, something in him boil as Ji Yeon didn’t notice it.

“Ahem!” Hyung Sik cleared his throat loudly and made a lot of noise, “Wah this couch is so big and comfortable.”

“Of course, the things are better than the owner.” Ji Yeon whispered loud enough for him to hear. Hyung Sik made a face and snatch a controller.

“Let’s watch something.” Sung Joon stated. “How about the most current idol news and medias for your artists?”

“That’s nice, not bad. Better than looking at an old lady here’s face.” Ji Yeon shot up an annoyed look at Hyung Sik who ignored her.

They stopped at a channel where there was a prosecution news. ‘Prosecutor do you have anything to say about the case?’

‘As of right now, we are trying our best to find justice to the victim’s family. Please excuse us.’ He walked away and the reporters follow him.

‘Prosecutor Kim, Prosecutor Kim!’ Ji Yeon looked away from the screen.

“Do you have beer?”

“Why? Why are you asking for beer?”

“Because I want to drink it.” She got up and holler, “Where’s your fridge?”

“Why are you looking for my fridge?”

“For drinks, duh. The main fridge is for the children which will not have any drinks.” She ran out to look for his fridge.

Soon she return with a few bottles and cups.

“How did you find them?” Hyung Sik got up in shock. She’s so fast.

“Easy. This is a piece of cake.” She opened the drink and poured a glass for her.

He stopped her from taking the shot. “Aren’t you afraid I will do something to you?” They kept their gaze on each other as his eyes grew soft and hers grew solid.

“I’m not afraid of you.” She said and took the drink. He let her drink, it seemed like she really needed a drink so he and Sung Joon join her bit by bit until Sung Joon sat back and decided to watch out for them in case they get drunk.

They browse the channels and ended up watching a singing show off, Fantastic Duo.

Eyes, nose, lips by Taeyang and a fan came on. Ji Yeon was getting high from the sugar and started fangirling.

As soon as he started singing, she was squealing non-stop.

“Taehyung, Taehyun, Taeyang –ah~ *insert ugly tears*” She moved back and forth in front of the screen. She mouth the lyrics and raised her hands to wave them back and forth, making Hyung Sik and Sung Joon laugh at her. “She’s so good, that fan is so good.” Ji Yeon complimented.

Hyung Sik caught her face and kept staring at her as he tried to focus on the song. The screen’s light reflected on her, making her glow effortlessly.

He wasn’t sure if he was drunk or was it was just a coincidence, but she was really beautiful right there. There was a hint of sadness in her eyes as it glimmer and she look away from him when she took another shot.

“Saranghaeyo BigBang,” she made a heart above her head as the song ended. Sung Joon’s phone ring and he left to take the call, leaving them alone.

The next song came on, Fate by Lee Sun Hee and Kyuhyun.

“Ahh my favorite *hiccup*” Ji Yeon cheered.

“Yes~” Hyung Sik cheered along. They started singing with them and waved their hands back and forth. Ji Yeon’s cheek grew pink as she hiccup and laugh while singing joyfully and sadly.

“Stop it. You sound like a clown,” Hyung Sik complained but she continue to sing.

“Yah, I said sto-“ He turn to see Ji Yeon singing as she smiled. But he stopped when he notice that she was not happy. She was crying. Her eyes were pink and puffy. Her voice choked back her cries as she sing the lyrics.

“There's so much i want to say, but you probably already know

When we meet again some time in the future

Please don't let go again

The love we couldn't have in this life

The fate we couldn't live in this life

When we meet again some time in the future

Please don't let go of me~”

After that Ji Yeon burst in tears. She pulled the pillow to her face as she let out her sloppy cries, as if she had bottled them up for so long. Hyung Sik didn’t know what to do as he walked to her, kneeling on one knee in front of her. He patted her back and tried to comfort her.

“Yah, why are you crying? Is it that sad?” It was awkward as he never comfort someone who was drunk and crying like a kid like her. “Stop crying.” But she didn’t stop.

Then Lim Chang Jung’s song: Again, came on.

Wow, just perfect. Hyung Sik felt like laughing at the screen but it did fit her.

“Lim Ji Yeon, look at me.” yet she refused to so he pulled the pillow away from her. He cupped her face as she kept crying, muffling her cries as she hiccup and try to stop crying. He pulled her face up but her eyes avoided his.

“Look at me,” he commanded. “I said look at me.” She moved her eyes to look at him. He was worried. “Tell me, why are you crying?”

She tried to look away again and he forcefully cupped her face to him again. “Why? Are you just drunk? Or did something happen? Tell me.”

She looked at him with her blurry vision and pushed him away. He landed against the able, flat on his .

“What do you care? All that matters to you is your image.” She got up and was ready to leave. “Have a good night, President Park.” She bowed and wobbly tried to walk away. Hyung Sik got up and grabbed her arm, stopping her.

“What do you mean?” She said nothing and tried to remove his grasp. He held her tightly as he pulled her to fully face him and held both of her arms, making her body lean against his. “Speak.”

She smirked and stare at him. “Don’t demand for an answer, because you don’t know what you’re facing mister president.” She tried to release herself weakly.

He withheld her and kept her close. She closed her eyes, blinking before she hit him. Literally. Ji Yeon pulled her arms loose and punched his chest.

“en jerk.”

“What?” Hyung Sik was a bit taken aback by her response. She hit him again, then again. Her punch was strong but it grew weaker and weaker.

“You jerk, you bad jerk. How could you? Just how could you?”

What did I do to her? Hyung Sik was confused.

“I think you’re really drunk now Ji Yeon-ssi.”

“Ji Yeon-ssi?” She chuckled, “I’m just stranger now.” She nodded. “That’s right, we are only strangers now. I, I was the one that walk away. I initiated it. Yep.” She nodded as she tried to laugh but instead tears fall instead.

“I-“

“Kim Kang Woo –ssi.” She pointed at Hyung Sik, “Don’t ever let me see your face again.” She walked away and tried to make her way out. Hyung Sik stood where he was as he processed the info.

“Kim… Kang Woo…” He repeated. He clenched his fist, who is he?

Ji Yeon was almost out the door when she bumped into Sung Joon. He caught her as she trip. She hit his chest and mumbled inaudible words.

“Ji Yeon-ssi? Ji Yeon-ssi.” He tried to wake her up. Hyung Sik lifted her out of Sung Joon’s arms.

“I’ll take care of her.” He put her arm around his neck as he tried to hold her up.

“Let me help you.”

“No need.” Hyung Sik took off with her down the hall as Sung Joon watch them.

Hyung Sik laid her on the bed and let her sleep as she moved around. He sat beside her and covered her with the blankets before getting up. He felt a tug and turn back to her. It was dark with only the amp on but he could see her pale face and sparkling eyes, half asleep and drunk.

“Don’t leave…” She begged him in almost a whisper. “Don’t go to her… please” His heart ache as he heard her beg him. She sounded so helpless and miserable.

He held her hand and lie on the bed next to her. She snuggled in his chest as he put his arm around her and put the blankets over him too. Her warm breath touched his chest through his white t shirt and he rested his head on hers that was under his chin.

As she slept through the night, he fought to sleep and tried to wash away the man’s name that called earlier. Was this marriage really nothing after all?

****

Back to the dark warehouse after the rain, the humid grew and Ji Hyo kept fighting sleep.

She kept scratching the ropes, which only rubbed her skin red almost blistering. The same man reappeared and slid the door open. Ji Hyo stare right at him. He made his way with a few men. He came in and observed the two women as Soo Jin and Ji Hyo looked up at him. He smirked before taking out his camcorder.

“Who are you?” Soo Jin asked. The man said nothing and ignored her. He waited for Ji Hyo’s question but she stayed quiet. He lowered his face to stare at her, trying to spread fear in her.

“Just who are you?” Ji Hyo gritted her teeth as he turned to grin in her face.

“Ask your hero, he’ll know. He knows me really well.” He turned and walked away to the men. He turned back and start recording them. He circled them as they lowered their faces from it. He walked back to them and signal the men to bring the item. Ji Hyo look up as she notice there were syringes with some kind of chemicals in them.

“Don’t worry,” he smiled at them, “I won’t hurt you. Just…helping you relax.” He finished as he injected Soo Jin with a shot of a drug.

“AH!” Soo Jin yelped as he just inject the needle forcefully. Ji Hyo tried to scratched the rope quicker as she felt a warm liquid dripping, she bit her bottom lip to endure the pain. Before he could do anything to Ji Hyo, she released herself and bumped head with him. He turned back and punched her. Ji Hyo grunted in pain as he grabbed her hair and made her fall on the ground.

“You’re quite wild.” He smiled wickedly. “Bring it here. Let’s try something different for you then. I was thinking about next time but this is just perfect.”

He injected Ji Hyo with a different substance, making her groan in pain. He released Ji Hyo as she fell to the ground. He pulled her hair back and recorded them together. sored from clenching her teeth in pain, her eyes swollen and head dizzy. He laughed in her face and pushed her on the ground. She started to tremble as the drug took place and drowse her. Her vision became even more blurry and multiple sighted. His smiling face then turned into Bolin, laughing at her. She saw his face as it switched back and forth as the light from the center blinded her. She started to hesitate.

Soo Jin on the other hand was sitting by the chair, her dress curling up, revealing her white skin like Ji Hyo. Her red dress all dirty and rigid. The man look at her and ordered the men to untie her. She struggled to stand up as the man came and pushed her face to face the camcorder.

After he finished bullying them, he faced the camcorder and creepily smiled.

“You can remember me, right? If you want to see them alive then make the deal now or expect to see one of them dead.” He smiled before turning off the recorder after getting an image of the two weak women on the dusty ground.

Before leaving he made sure the women were weak. “Give them each another dose. Don’t do anything else to them just yet. Break them down mentally before physically.” He then walked out as Ji Hyo and Soo Jin was grabbed and injected with another dose of the drug. Soon, they out as the world spinned. Ji Hyo heard a low laugh echoing in her head.

****

Jong Kook enter his company for the very first time in those two years. It was late but he gathered a meeting with his most trusted people. As he enter the hall, the men bowed and walked behind him into the office.

“He sat on the chair and waited as Ha Dong Hoon, his most trusted assistant came in.

“You’re back sir.” he bowed.

“Have you found anything?”

The man in the video is Mr. Choi’s son, Choi Seung Hyun. He was in a coma for two years and suddenly disappeared from the hospital yesterday.”

“What about Song Ji Hyo?”

“We haven’t been able to track her yet.”

“What about the guys? Were you able to gather them?”

“They are on their way. They’ll be here by tomorrow morning.”

“We have to hurry. I can’t let anything happen to her.”

“I understand.”

Jong Kook got up and patted Dong Hoon’s shoulder.

“Thank you HaHa.”

“It is my responsibility.” Dong Hoon smiled.

“Where are the weapons?”

“In the den.”

“Go check it out. No one can know I’m here until I say so. For now, check the cctv’s for Ji Hyo’s place and trace any suspicious actions around ten to midnight.”

“Yes sir.”

Jong Kook turned his chair around as he dialed a number.

“I want a few men to watch the Choi’s for now, and track where they are shipping their drugs and who they are dealing with.” then he hung up. He covered his face and prayed to himself.

Ji Hyo, where are you? Please, please be alright.

****