Who?

Timeless Love

Ji Hyo woke up to noises. She squinted her eyes open and sees the ceiling. Her eyes darted off to the side and sees the stairs of the neighborhood. She tried to get up but her body felt heavy and her vision was sloppy. She sat up and sees the stair disappeared as it was replaced with a door. Then a teenage boy stood there in front of her. She moved her eyes up from his feet to his face.

She had seen him in her dreams so many times but she couldn’t remember his face clearly. She had always felt happy whenever he was in her dream but it would always drift off to a nightmare.

“What are you doing?” He asked her with a straight face. She wanted to speak but was frozen, no voice came out. His face blurry then focus then repeated the same again. But she could see his eyes, lifeless and dead.

“Did you forget me?” He asked again as his eyes turned sad. “I will wait until you remember me.” Before she could do anything, dark vines and shadows pulled him back and the door burst open to push him inside.

She tried to get up as the door was farther and farther away. Just as she ran and reached the door, “Why are you here?” a voice asked, making her freeze.

She turned around to see Bolin, the teenage him, behind her with his angry eyes. Her feet were stuck as she tried to push him away. His shadow grew and covered her.

“You want to leave?” He whispered as he stepped closer. “You’re not going anywhere.”

Ji Hyo’s heart shook into pieces, thundering in her chest. She tried to shove passed him and turn to open the door but her body was so weak. He leaned in and whispered to her ear.

“You will stay with me, forever.” He moved back and grinned in her face. Ji Hyo breathe deeply back and forth as she tried to move her body. He laughed evilly in her face as Ji Hyo slumped by the door that become a wall and disappeared.

Ji Hyo slumped down the corner of the wall as her legs grew weak and trembled. But in reality, she was by herself. She was sitting in the corner of the warehouse where they were kept captive. She shut her eyes and sees the reality, Soo Jin was still lying on the floor of the spotlight. She tried to control herself and shook her head. She opened and closed her eyes repeatedly. She opened them again to see Bolin by her side, sitting next to her, reaching his hand to tuck away the hair from her face.

“What did I tell you? You. are going to stay with me. Forever. You are mine. Cheon Seong Im.” He whispered as his face twisted into a creepy smile. He put his hands around her shoulders and suddenly pushed her down on the ground with his weight.

Ji Hyo screamed in the corner as those shadows came to get her. She was laughing for a bit then starts begging like crazy. Soo Jin who was still lying in the center heard her scream, making her scared. But her body was too weak to move. She tried to cover her ears as Ji Hyo started to become crazy.

“Get away from me! No, no! Stay away! Don’t touch me! No!”

Everywhere Ji Hyo looked, Bolin was there trying to hold her still. She started crying as Soo Jin crawled to her and hugged her.

“Song Ji Hyo... Song Ji Hyo!” Soo Jin weakly tried to shake Ji Hyo. She could feel Ji Hyo’s body trembling uncontrollably.

*Flashback*

Little Ji Hyo bolted for the door as she heard the table flipped over and fast footsteps behind her. Her hands scrambled over the locked door, trying to open it. Teenage Bolin grabbed her arm and twisted her around. She couldn’t even scream as he desperately searched her eyes for an answer.

‘Why are you running away? You haven’t answered me yet.’ Ji Hyo could feel her eyes burning up. She shouldn’t have trusted Bolin, her step brother. Bolin chuckled in her face. ‘Why? Am I that scary?’ He grabbed her hands against him. Ji Hyo slowly nodded as she was really afraid now. Her body was shaking off her wits.

‘O-oppa…let’s go home…’ Ji Hyo stuttered as Bolin looked down on the ground, closing his eyes.

‘Why?’ he asked and looked at her. ‘Is it because we are step-siblings?’ Tears reached the brim of his eyes. ‘Or is it because of Il Kook?’ She stared at him with her puppy eyes, so scared, not knowing what to do. ‘Answer me!’ He shouted.

Ji Hyo started to cry, her voice cracking. ‘O-oppa….*hiks*….I’m scared…Please…’

Bolin saw the fear in her eyes and slowly let go of her. He weakly walked away from her. He sat down on the wall opposite of her as she let out a deep breath.

‘Yeah…oppa is horrendous, and filthy.’ He chuckled and hit himself. ‘Who am I kidding? Of course you won’t like me. A piece of trash like me,’ he chuckled to himself as a tear fell out of his eyes. Ji Hyo glanced at him, his pathetic self-hitting his face. She felt bad for rejecting him. She feels bad but she was scared too. She slowly scooted her feet farther from him. She hated to see him in this mental state. The last time she saw him cry was outside the house in the rain, where father kick him out and she sneakily gave him seaweed soup. He was there to help her from the girls that bullied her for hanging out with Il Kook.

After gathering up the courage and wiping her tears, she went to hold his shoulder. He was crying, like a kid. She hesitantly stood by his side.

‘Mmianhae.’ She stuttered softly. She patted his shoulder and was going to walk away when he pulled her hand and made her fall against him on the wall. Ji Hyo was so shocked and tried to struggle free. He held her strongly still with tears in his eyes. ‘B-Bolin opp-AH!‘

He pulled her against him and flipped her on the ground. He leaned in towards her as she screamed away. His grip was stronger than hers as her petite hands struggled to release. He was on top of her, using his weight to keep her down.

He snuggled by her neck, nibbling on her collarbone and pressing his lips over her cheeks. She pleaded him to let her go with cries mixed with fear. She hates him to the guts now. He covered with his right hand.

‘Why? You don’t like it?’ he asked when he looked up to look at her fear stricken face. ‘You like it don’t you? My Seong Im is becoming a woman soon…’ he used his left hand to caress her face and wiped away the tear from the corner of her eye. She wanted to scream but he placed a finger over her lips. ‘Shhh… Be a good girl like you’ve always been. Oppa…will take care of you.’ His smile grew cynically wide as he continue to violate her. Her screams were torturous in the shed, echoing in the forest.

*Flash back to present

Soo Jin tried to hold Ji Hyo still but it was no use as Ji Hyo wriggle out of her arms and started hitting herself, and crying crazily. She rubbed away her skin, causing scratches and bruises and kept screaming. She struggled violently, causing Soo Jin to be hurt too but she held Ji Hyo in her arms until she finally stopped and utter shut. Her body hiccup and she shivered as Soo Jin tried to hug her. She laid in Soo Jin’s chest and continue to cry as Soo Jin was o the verge of crying too.

The door slid open as Seung Hyun entered with a few men. He walked up straight to the and sees the mess they were in.

He smirked in satisfaction, “I guessed it worked well.” Soo Jin paid him no attention as he scan them. “Lock them away in separate buildings.”

The men swarmed over them and tore them apart. They fought to stay together but couldn’t. Soo Jin fought her way loose and grabbed the other man’s gun. Threatening them to halt, while Seung Hyun chuckle.

“Ji Hyo-ssi.” she tried to call Ji Hyo but no response. “Let go of her.” He smirked and walked up to her, Soo Jin pulled the trigger at his feet. He stopped then glared at her.

“Didn’t you hear me? Let go of Song Ji Hyo right now.” Soo Jin glared at them as Seung Hyun smirked. He then walked over to Ji Hyo, who was still sitting in the corner drugged silently. She sat lifelessly as she only closed her eyes and bit her lips, curling her hands together.

Seung Hyun stopped as he reached her and reach for her but Ji Hyo weakly fought back and hit him. He grabbed her again and pulled her forward in front of him, blocking him. Soo Jin gulped as he continue to smirk.

“Do you think, I will give in that easily?” He asked. “You had the chance to hurt me but you didn’t. Shoot now then.” Soo Jin couldn’t as Ji Hyo stood in front of Seung Hyun as he laugh.

“You can never kill me.” Soo Jin gripped the gun tightly as he told her that.

“You cheater, let go of Ji Hyo right now.” Soo Jin ordered again but nothing happened. Suddenly someone went behind her and tackled her by the neck and force the gun out of her hand. Soo Jin whimpered as the men behind her locked arms.

“I told you so.” He grinned, “You can never kill me.” He push Ji Hyo to the other men and went to Soo Jin, punching her face and stomach first. He was about to hit Soo Jin again,

“Don’t touch her.” Ji Hyo shouted. She tried to scramble out of the other guys’ grasp. He turn back to Soo Jin and pulled her chin closer.

“I wonder why Kye Sang hanged out with the both of you. But I think I know now. You seem pretty, but the kind he would stay with for benefits. That lady over there is more beautiful than you.” Soo Jin hesitated and glared at him. “You want to save her? Why not save yourself?” He smiled at her, pitying her. Soo Jin looked away.

“You think I would believe you?”

“You don’t have to, but you know it well yourself. Who he will choose… Park Soo Jin or Song Ji Hyo? I wonder…” He smiled lean in to kiss her lips. She bit his lips as he tried to force a kiss from her. He drew back in anger, touching his lips that are now bleeding. He slapped across the face and went back to Ji Hyo.

Seung Hyun put the blade in Ji Hyo’s hand, making her grip onto it. He aimed it toward Soo Jin and let Ji Hyo stared at the bruised woman whose dress was torn off her shoulder.

“Kill her.” He ordered, his voice demanded and crisp. Ji Hyo held it in her hand, gripped tightly. She continued to stare at Soo Jin who sat down against the wall in a weak daze.

“Kill. Her.” He repeated once more as he pointed the knife at Soo Jin.

She feels like a puppet, hand involuntarily pushing the knife forward. She took her steps, dragging the long blue dress on the dirty ground. It was as if she was hypnotized.

Soo Jin was really scared now as Ji Hyo seems to be unbalance, not in control of herself anymore. Seung Hyun walked away and turn on the camcorder to film them. When Ji Hyo reached her, she tried her best not to cry.

“J-Ji Hyo-ssi. Please wake up. You can’t do this…” but Ji Hyo stopped her steps as the knife was still in her hand.

“I…I…” Ji Hyo look at the blade in her hand.

Bolin stood in front of her laughing, “You can never kill me.” Ji Hyo gripped the knife. “I will always follow you.”

Ji Hyo stare at him, which is actually Soo Jin. She reached the knife up to Soo Jin’s chest, tears in her eyes as she see Bolin laughing at her pathetically.

“Ji Hyo-ah… Please…” Soo Jin was about to cry as she felt the blade on the dress that thinly covered her skin. Ji Hyo held knife with both of her hands, raging inside. She has to kill him, she will kill him.

“In the end, you will be a monster just like me.” He said more tearfully as he taunted her.

Ji Hyo stopped as the tip of the knife pierced Soo Jin’s skin, who cry out with the little drop of blood. Bolin kept laughing at her. Ji Hyo pulled the knife back and glared at him.

She shook her head and stepped back, “No… I’m not going to be a monster like you… never.” She dropped the knife and slumped on the ground. Seung Hyun was irritated, turned off the camcorder and went to kick Ji Hyo.

“Take them both away now.” Just then his phone ring and he smiled. “Well, well. Who do we have here? I don’t know. Why don’t you come save them yourself?” Then he hanged up and smiled as the two women were locked in separate areas.

Jong Kook and Kye Sang separately rushed to find the women. But who will find who?

****

Ji Hyo weakly let herself be pushed on the ground in the separate room. One of the men looked at her and his lips. The other one urged them to leave now.

“She’s too weak, a little won’t hurt.” The first one convinced the other one. The other one was a bit afraid but decided to stay. They made sure no one was there before hovering over her.

“Don’t worry puppy, we’ll take care of you.” He squat to Ji Hyo and touched her face.

“Oppa will take care of you.” the man changed to Bolin. They reached for her as Ji Hyo closed her eyes and clenched to her dirty dress.

She was hopeless, she tried so hard to become stronger, but it all crumble. Suddenly the two men were pulled back and groan in pain. She opened her eyes to see a dark figure there. It beat up the two men and knocked them out. He got closer and closer until she could see his face. It was not Seung Hyun or Jong Kook or Kye Sang. Someone else.

“So you are the one Jong Kook and Kye Sang likes…” the man looked at her. Just who are these people?

Kye Sang banged the door open and entered the room, stopping to the sight before him.

The man looked up at him coldly.

“Joo Ji Hoon.”

****