Attach, Attract, Entwine

Timeless Love

High five for the double update! *high five* Yeah! Hope you like it!

**********************************************************************

Jong Kook rushed to the car and raced after them. He was worried sick now. Last time, Ji Hyo was all bruised and limped, what happen if she is really taken this time? He would hate himself to death. He can’t let history repeat itself.

The van speeded as Jong Kook tailed them.

“Yes sir. We got the girl.” Hee Jun reported. “Yes, sir. I understand.”

Ji Hyo’s hands were binded together by the duct tape. She tried to struggle out of them but they were so tight her hands were turning purple. The thugs scanned over her. She was struggling but she wasn’t screaming.

“We have a toughie here.”

“I remember this b*tch. She was the one who hit me.” The skinny one yanked her hair, pulling her back. He slapped her cheek.

“Where’s your hero now? I thought he was so tough.” He evilly laughed. Hee Jun was more satisfied now that Jong Kook wasn’t there. But her reaction was pissing them off too. Why wasn’t she screaming for help like all the other girls do? Yet her eyes were icy cold that it intimidated them.

“Why are you staring at me like that huh?” He hit her again. The other thug ripped off the duct tape from . “Scream. I want to hear you beg for help. Who knows, I might even release your hands.” But still no answer.

He reached in grab her chin forcefully and pinched her cheek. “Such a shame, you’re so pretty. This pretty face probably won’t be shown to the world again after tonight.” Ji Hyo kept her posture and spat in his face. He wiped away the saliva and punched Ji Hyo this time, causing her head to hit the window. She took the chance to kick his face as the car swerve; Jong Kook side bump the van. They now notice that Jong Kook was on their tracks, making them panic.

“Bust him!” Hee Jun ordered as the driver had a street car bump with Jong Kook. They tried to overcome each other as Ji Hyo fought with the others inside. One in the back seat took out a gun to threaten her as she broke the duct tape that bind her hands in half and push the other guy down and they wrestled for the gun. Jong Kook could see hints of what was going on inside. The cars chased to a construction site where there were many workers. Ji Hyo was pushed against the window facing Jong Kook where she tried to choke the driver, causing him to swerve the car uncontrollably. The two cars were closed to a ditch and there were other cars coming. To avoid the other cars Jong Kook released the acceleration while a car rammed the side of his car and the van crashed into a truck, swing off to the ditch, glasses shattering, crushed car.

The thugs ran out of the car as Jong Kook pulled himself out of the car to catch them with police sirens heard near.

“Where’s Ji Hyo?!” Jong Kook shouted as he grabbed onto Hee Jun’s shirt collar. “Who sent you guys?” Hee Jun spat blood at Jong Kook in which he continued to punch Hee Jun and fought the others that made it out of the van. Another van came in sight as Jong Kook fought with them. It shot out high lights at Jong Kook, meanwhile Hee Jun laughed at him and didn’t answer. They gave him one last kick before getting in the van with the police arriving, making their escape. He caught a glimpse of the driver grinning at him before driving off.

Jong Kook ran toward the van in the ditch, looking for Ji Hyo.

“Ji Hyo ah! Song Ji Hyo!” He desperately screamed. There was no answer as he ran closer.

(David Yang – Tsis Muab Koj Tso) [ It’s a hmong song, I’ll add some translation here, there are some English raps though J]

When you are worried, I will worry on your behalf

When your tears fall I’ll be your strength

Promise you that I’ll be here

No matter what happens, I will not let you go

 

The van exploded into flames right before his eyes, flaring up the scene. His heart stopped right there.

 

[English rap]

 

“No!” Jong Kook tried to run to the van, holding his breath for what was yet to come.

 

When you are worried, I will worry on your behalf

When your tears fall I’ll be your strength

Promise you that I’ll be here

No matter what happens, I will not let you go

[English rap]

When you are worried, I will worry on your behalf

When your tears fall I’ll be your strength

Promise you that I’ll be here

No matter what happens, I will not let you go

 

 The flames burn the sides so badly that Jong Kook couldn’t even see the inside. The flames engulfed his heart, was he really late to save her this time? He started tearing up and screaming for her. The police came to raid the site, ordering him to back up but he refused to. They couldn’t do anything to stop him from leaving so they left him there.

The image of her pouty and smiling face flashes through his head. He hit his chest as he thought about her. No one could imagine seeing a mature man cry and laugh crazily but there you go. That’s Kim Jong Kook in a dirty, blood smeared suit, tears ran down his face.

“Ji Hyo ah!” He cried. Something in his heart teared for her presence.

“J-Jong Kook….” He heard a faint call. He quickly look around to see if he was hallucinating. Ji Hyo wasn’t there but he heard it again. He ran to the water ditch and found Ji Hyo lying in the water ditch. He rushed to take her out.

“Ji Hyo ah!” He quickly wiped the tears away with his sleeve and dragged her out, pulling her in his arms. He embraced her tightly, repeatedly kissing her forehead. Ji Hyo was really weak now after jumping out of the van as it flew over to the ditch. Her body slammed into the water but it was deep enough to not smash her body.

“You crazy woman, scared me to death!” He yelled at her.

“O-oppa….I’m c-cold.” Ji Hyo whimpered out with her tiny voice. Jong Kook quickly took off his blazer to cover her. He rubbed her shoulders to warm her up.

He was able to calm down after she was still alive. He carried her bridal style to the site and placed her in the ambulance. As the paramedics were about to take her inside the ambulance, she pulled at his hand.

“I-I’m scared….Don’t leave me alone.” Jong Kook’s lips slightly curved up, held tightly onto her hand, getting into the ambulance with her. He held her hand the whole time, refusing to let go even when they gave her IV shots.

Ji Hyo was rolled into the ward with Jong Kook following alongside until they took her away. He started to laugh to himself. Ji Hyo’s alive. J-Ji Hyo’s alive. He chuckled as a tear fell out of his eye, he rubbed his eyes like a little kid who got beaten up by bullies.

“Sir, are you alright? You’re bleeding too.” one of the nurses came up to him, pointing to his head. He wiped away the blood.

“No, I’m not fine,” He looked at the door Ji Hyo was rolled into, “I’m not fine without her.”  He realized that Ji Hyo was more than just someone he needed to protect. Her existence grew attached to him.

*************************************************************************************

After Ji Hyo got admitted to one of the private rooms, Jong Kook visited her. He tucked away her hair, her natural face was still so beautiful. She was sleeping so peacefully. He reached closer and rubbed away the dirt on her face. Unconsciously, he placed a peck on her lips. After a while, he pulled away realizing that he just kissed her. The door slide open and a worried Kye Sang ran in to check up on Ji Hyo.

“Ji Hyo-ah.” He tried to check if there was anything wrong with her. Jong Kook backed away as his heartbeat still accelerated from the kiss. He was going to walk away as Kye Sang stopped him.

“We need to talk.” Kye Sang demanded.

Outside of the room…

Kye Sang grabbed Jong Kook’s shirt collar after giving him one punch.

“Why didn’t you look after her? I told you clearly to take caution.” Jong Kook look away in annoyance before facing Kye Sang’s fiery eyes.

“I did. Why don’t you do it instead of ordering others to do it then?”

“I requested you.”

“And I granted it, didn’t I?” Jong Kook flicked away Kye Sang’s hands. “What did you do? I should be the one asking you what went wrong.” It was his turn to question Kye Sang now. “Why is Ji Hoon with them?” Kye Sang glared at him.

“You don’t need to know.”

“I need to. Why is he there and not here? Why is he trying to hurt Ji Hyo? I need to know all of this.”

“Then come back.”

“What?”

“Not as Kim Jong Kook the bodyguard for Song Ji Hyo but as Kim Jong Kook, business man K.” Kye Sang challenged him. “That is only when I can tell you.” He knew how much Jong Kook hated coming back, so he wanted to challenge Jong Kook’s decision. Because the Jong Kook he knew was decisive with what he wants. If it hadn’t happened, if the incident two years ago didn’t happen, they would have become great partners but the reality caused Jong Kook to hide away. Jong Kook grabbed Kye Sang and landed a punch on him.

“Don’t ever talk about that again. It was your fault too.” Jong Kook hatefully glared into Kye Sang’s eyes. “If you had stop getting others involved in your underground world then no one would be hurt! I told you to stop but you didn’t listen to me!”

“You promised me. Hyung, you promised me, not to let her get hurt.” Jong Kook wanted to rip Kye Sang apart. He was right it was Jong Kook’s fault too. Jong Kook pushed him away before running away. Kye Sang kicked the brick wall multiple of times. Did getting involve in the underground supposed to prevent you from liking someone, having your loved ones taken away from you?

*************************************************************************************

Ji Hyo woke up to a white room, her whole body hurts, her left shoulder dislocated. Her head was aching from the pain. As she tried to get up, Kye Sang came in to help her, but she brushed him aside. She was disappointed that Jong Kook didn’t come see her. For a few days, he was nowhere to be seen, even on the day she was discharged.

There were reports of Ji Hyo being admit to the hospital but the company denied that there were problems, only that there was an accident due to traffic. As she went out to stroll the day after discharge to stay balance with her medical checkup. Kwang Soo helped her jogged around and even offered to buy her ice cream if she could walk from one end along the Han river to the other end. She pushed herself to get there as he praised her efforts. He told her to hide still as he ran to buy her ice cream. Just then it started to rain, Ji Hyo ran to hide under the tree.

“I didn’t even bring an umbrella, Kwang Soo took it,” she complained. The rain trickled down the leaves and landed on her. Frustrated, she decided to walk in the rain for shelter while covering her eyes with her hands. Just as she was about to curse the daylights out of Kwang Soo, an umbrella covered her.

(Electroboyz feat Hyorin - Ma Boy 2)

 

Jong Kook faintly smiled at her. “You want to get sick? Is that arm cast not enough?” He eyeballed her left arm. Ji Hyo felt like she wanted to tear up. She hadn’t seen him for days and he shows up like nothing ever happened. She walked away from his shelter, continue to get sprinkle in the rain. He ran after her to keep the rain from falling on her.

“Are you out of your mind?” He worriedly caught up with her. She glared at him only. He couldn’t tell if she was crying or not as the rain ran down her face. “Are you crying? Why? I brought you an umbrella.”

“Why didn’t you come see me at the hospital?”

“Huh, so that is why you’re running from me?” Jong Kook chuckled. “I did, don’t you remember?”

“No.” She was grumpy now, he sees her pouting at him with her pursed lips.

“I’m telling you the truth, I did.”

“When? I didn’t see you.” She stomped her feet closer to him, placing them both under the umbrella.

“On the first day.”

“Only?”

“What did you expect? I’m a busy person. I can’t just linger around you, there are other people.” Ji Hyo puffed.

“Of course. You must be so busy taking care of other people like Clara.” He looks at her sour faced.

“By chance, are you jealous?” He leaned in to see her face flush pink.

“W-why would I be?” She backed away, walking forward as he followed her.

“Yeah, I see. Why would you? I must be the crazy one.” Jong Kook scratched his head. “But Clara is really good woman: nice body, pretty face, productive positive attitude, and understands men really well. Who wouldn’t want to be around her?”

“Why don’t you go stay around her then?”

“I wish I could, but I have to be stuck with a certain someone here. What a pity?” he pinch his forehead.

“You don’t have to. I can take care of myself.” He leaned closer to Ji Hyo. He wanted to laugh, never thought it would be this fun to see her acting up. He felt better now that she no longer wore that ice mask and knows how to be angry again.

“I doubt it, says the person who always get in trouble. Don’t you know how much trouble I got into because of your stubbornness? I even got hit too. It still hurts.” He rubbed his cheek. Ji Hyo quickly tend to his cheek. She became worried too. How much did he get yell at? She forgot to think about his consequences, but on a side not he deserved it-ish.

He slyly smile after noticing how much she cared.

“Ouch, something got in my eye.”

“Where?” Ji Hyo tried to blow his eye. He let her blow dumbly to his eye when there was nothing there. Then moved his face to which she accidently kiss his cheek. Ji Hyo immediately drew back in surprise, placing her fingers on her lips.

“How could you kiss me?” Jong Kook exaggerated. Ji Hyo’s face was a bright red tomato now, if not for the rain, it would be radiating heat enough to boil water.

“I-I didn’t. It was an accident.” Jong Kook started to whine and wail out like an innocent kid.

“I can’t believe you would do that. My innocent cheek is forever tainted. WAhh.” Ji Hyo was really embarrassed now and fast walk forward first. “Yah, aren’t you going to take responsibility of me?”

“There is nothing to be responsible for, your cheek is not so innocent.”

“Why isn’t it?”

“Because you got kiss by Clara already.” The images reappeared in Ji Hyo’s head whereas Jong Kook was surprised.

“So you ARE jealous.” Jong Kook pointed to her. If wishes could come true, Ji Hyo wanted to hide a in a hole now, escape Kim Jong Kook. “I didn’t know you like me that much. Arrasso, I’ll give you the honor to call me oppa.”

“What?”

“Follow me. O as in octopus and ppa as in appa. Ooopa. Push out your lips like this.” Jong Kook made a duck face at Ji Hyo who grabbed his lips and squeezed them together.

“So ugly.”

“You were calling me oppa the other night.”

“When did I do that?”

“You did.”

“I don’t remember.”

“Stop denying it.”

“I’m not!”

“You know you want to say it too!” Ji Hyo quickly stomp on Jong Kook’s foot before walking away.

“Yah Song Ji Hyo!” He ran after her as a car passing by splashed water at them. He gathered her in his arms to prevent the mud water from drench her. Ji Hyo’s beated wildly as Jong Kook’s warmth and strong arms arched her back. Jong Kook stared at her chocolate brown eyes and wet hair. He leaned in closer to her face. Ji Hyo felt her eyes drooping, closing, but she didn’t want to in case it didn’t come true. Jong Kook could feel her body shivering from the wind as the umbrella fell on the ground. He stopped leaning in, leaving a few inches between their faces.

“You,” Ji Hyo gulped as his first word, “have one of the highest probability of getting bad luck.” He cheekily smiled as she pushed him away to regain her breath that she lost. She started walking away further as he shook his head, to remove the excess rain. He grabbed the umbrella after smiling to himself.

“Yah, Song Ji Hyo. Are you embarrassed? You can call me oppa. I’m going to take it back in 10, 9, 8, 7…” Ji Hyo covered her ears and walked faster. “Yah! Aren’t you listening?! I’m talking to you!” He ran after her. They continued until they reached a convenience store, supposedly the one Kwang Soo went to.

Do you believe in heroes? I don’t. But appa, if you can hear me, will you believe it? I found one. Ani, he found me. A weird, naggy, ill-tempered but protective man. Kim. Jong. Kook.

***************************************************************************

Please leave me comments down below. Finally some chemistry SpartAce! Don't worry, our JiHyung couple will come out soon! See ya bunnies!