Hell

Timeless Love

A cool spring day arrives as noises filled the neighborhood streets while children run and parents fuss. Everyone was happy and smiling. 'Let's go to school!' a little boy said. 'Quick, or we'll be late!' The group of boys ran after each other in their uniforms until they disappeared.

"I want to go too..." whispered a little voice. It beonged to a tiny boy who stood behind the barred windows. His face so pale, dehydrated, even bruised a bit. A mother and father walked along the street with their son walking hand-in-hand, happily smiling. They seemed so happy and cozy, even joking and laughing together. A perfect family. The little boy reached out his hand to the couple who cannot see him and tries to grasp onto the empty air that is left. "Me too..."

"What are you doing you little punk!?" An angry man appeared and grabbed the collar shirt of the boy to pull him back. "I told you not to open the windows! I can't sleep with all that light! So useless!" The man flung him into the corner and slammed the windows shut. The boy crashed into the wall causing him to black out for a few seconds. The man walked back to sleep all moody.
After a moment of silence, the boy sat up. He stares at the empty room filled with trash and newspaper, left with little furnitures and dirty dishes. He got up and walked the the door of the bedroom where he can see the man lying on the floor with a thin mattress.

"Daddy-"

"I'm not your daddy! Now leave!"

"Ahjussi..when can I go to school..? I really want to go... Mommy-" started the boy after he peeked back into the room.

"Aishh." The man sat up and confronted the little boy. "Yah punk. I should've sent you back to the orphanage. You're just another mouth to feed. Always giving me problems after one another and now you want to eat away all my money you brat! I ought to!" The man drew his hand up and started throwing a shoe and small furnitures at the boy and around the room, or pigsty like place. The little boy drew up his hands to shield himsef with no use. He ran out of the room as the man got up drag the boy out of the place. The little boy cried as he is being yanked and hit. After beating the boy, he dragged him outside and threw him on the streets. "You. You better get out of my sight and don't ever come back!" With no one's help, the boy slumped and dragged his feet away. The man finally threw his sippers at the boy and left. What can the boy do? A 7 year old on the streets crying after getting beat up even days ago. The people on the streets whispered back and forth.

'What a poor boy.' 'I heard that he's from an orphanage.' 'Oh my, really? How sad.' 'I heard that the wife ran away after the husband beated her when she adopted the child.' 'Ommo saesanghae? Wae?' 'He wanted a child but his wife couldn't get pregnant so she adopted him. But he didn't want that child.' 'Why take in a child you know nothing about? I would have done the same thing.'

With no choice, he went back to the ophanage, that rotten place.

*************************************************************************************

"Oh, Hyung Sik ah." a teenage girl ran to the boy, now known as Hyung Sik.

"Noona.."

"What happened to you?! Why are you like this?! Who did this to you!? Tell me!" the girl grabbed onto Hyung Sik's tiny hands as he was covered in bruises. She is also a child in the orphanage, Hyung Sik's friend like sibling. She always protected him and wish him the best when he was adopted but never imagined that he woud return like this. They only bid farewell a week ago.

"Noona..I-"

"You're back." interrupted a man. He is the father of the orphanage.

"Father Jo..." Hyung Sik whimpered. Father Jo rested his hand on Hyung Sik's shouder and smiled.

"I know. I know what you've been through. Nowhere is better than here. Come inside, my son.We are family after all." The smlie turned into a creepy grin as the man also rested his hand on the girl's shouder. "And you too, my pretty girl." He chuckled and pulled them inside. They reunite with the other orphans and sat together at the table and ate.

The day turned into night and many days passed. The orphans stayed quiety and obeyed. But that one night changed everything. Hyung Sik slept quiety but heard whimpers and noises outside the room. He was afraid of what it may be but he half-heartedly knew what was happening. He slowly crept out of the room with his blanket. He entered the hallway. The sound grew more audible. As if someone was hitting something, a haystack or punching back with a stick. His heart beated fast and he trembled. He finally reached the barred window and peeked outside. He coud not believe his eyes. Father Jo was hitting a sack with a baseball bat. With each swing, he can hear a small crack, like..like bones. The whimpers stopped and he can see the sack stain in blood. Father Jo stopped and threw the bat aside. He turned to look in the direction of Hyung Sik as he gasped. Hyung Sik hid and Father Jo went back into the building. Hyung Sik saw him going into the girl's building.

"Andwae. Noona.." the boy ran out to the other building. As he enters the dark hallway, he can hear a girl screaming from one of the rooms, Father Jo called the 'healing' room. He crept down the hall only to see it happen. The teenage girl being forced and crying for help. He froze and coudn't think clearly anymore. What shoud he do??? This rotten place. He finally came back to reality when the girl screamed louder to be slapped and grabbed by the hair.

"I told you to stay still you little wench! " Father Jo grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulls her into a nasty kiss and the girl spat in his face. "Yah you -Ack!" He fell over and the girl pushed him away with her tored shirt. There the little boy stood shaking with a broom.

"N-Noona."

The man quicky got up and wrestle away the broom and dragged the boy outside. The girl ran after and tried to fight with the man but he was too strong. He dragged the boy and dunk his head in the water basin. "I raised you and this is what you do?!" He threw him into the water basin and slammed the girl into the wall. He closed the water basin a lid and locked the boy inside. He turned back to the girl and dragged her inside right into the kitchen. She screamed and kicked.

I can't breathe. I can't..I..Please..Someone help me! Hyung Sik suffocated under the water. He remembered the times he was beaten. His noon a came to help him, protect him, shield him. He can still hear his Noona's cries and screaming. Then suddenly it became quiet. For what seems like forever, he slowly lost his vision and started sinking to the bottom. Noona...I'm sorry...Please save me..Please save us..someone..anyone...

Then the lid to the water basin opened and a pair of bloody hands drew him out.

******************************

Hello everyone. Thank you for stopping by to read my story. I finally got the first chapter. This is my second fanfic ( well , actually the first one that I continued with a chapter). Please excuse any grammatical errors as English is not my first language. If you have read any stories with the same plot, scene, etc, it is by mere coincidence. This is my own story. I do NOT plagiarize and will NOT allow plagiarism. Please continue showing me support and feel free to give me comments. Have a great weekend! The other characters will be introduce soon!