Chapter 7

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Chae ri got home and found Jungkook laying on the couch, she smiled and walked over and sat on the floor in front of him.

“Where did you go after school?” Jungkook looks at his sister. “Sungjoo wanted me to help pick out a tux, whenever I said something nice he brushed it off and pretend nothing happened, he then just left me to walk home alone, this must be harder for him to be my friend, ugh” Chae ri sighs.

“Hey, just do not worry about any of that alright, continue being his friend and then one day he will love you back, just stay strong.” Jungkook smiles and sits up.

“I wish I could but doing this, it makes me miss him so much, I want to kiss him and hug him but if I did he would get angry… being friends is worse.”

Jungkook pats Chae ri on the head and smiles, “Do you think you could love someone else?”

Chae ri looks at Jungkook, “Why are you asking me that?”

“Because I am proving a point, now answer me, give me the big explanation.” Jungkook sits up.

“I do not think I can love anyone else but him, we have been together for a whole year, I thought about him 24/7 over in America, whenever my Aunt asked who I missed my first word was Sungjoo… I could date them but not feel the same feeling, like Yibo… I feel that if Sungjoo never really forgives me then I would go to him since he likes me but I would still have that feeling of love for Sungjoo in my heart, I would rather jump off cliff then have him not love me again.” Chae ri says as she feels her eyes water and her heart racing.

Jungkook nods his head, “my point exactly, Chae you cannot give up on Sungjoo if you love him that much, you love him that being with someone else would be heartbreaking, I honestly do not think Sungjoo would ever be with someone other than you, because in his defence he never said that he did not love you anymore, he was angry cause you left. I would not let you jump off a cliff because someone she truly loves will not love her again, Chae ri remember that feeling you have for him, that will get you through it.”

Chae ri sighs and nods, “I will do it, I would never jump off a cliff, I may have gone overboard there” Chae ri laughs softly

“Good, cause I want you to be happy and I want you to get Sungjoo back and live happily together, because we all can say before he met you he was horrible, you made him a better man and I think they owe you for how he has changed…” Jungkook shrugs.

“Well I guess you are right, he has made me happy, and I will continue.” Chae ri smiles. “Please continue to remind me so I do not give up… I feel like I need a guardian angel on my side.”

Jungkook nods, “Do not worry my sister, I am always here for you, always want what is best for you.”

Chae ri plays with her hands, she then smiles at Jungkook and quietly leaves the room and goes into her bedroom. She lays down her eyes staring at the ceiling.

“Why is life so hard…” Chae ri sighs and closes her eyes.


Sungjoo had gotten back to the apartment where all the guys were playing games and such, she wanted to talk to Yixuan first before anything else.

“Yixuan!” Sungjoo tries to get Yixuan’s attention. He did not have to wait long because Yixuan noticed him and walked over.

“What up Sungjoo? Need something or do you just want to be a jerk again?” Yixuan crosses his arms.

“No, I want to apologize for that night, I was a douche and then I shouldn’t have taken it out on you, I was annoyed at Chae ri, you guys were just there for the aftermath.” Sungjoo bows. “Mianhae Hyung”

Yixuan sighs and nods. “Okay but if you do that again I will not be so easily forgiving, dude Chae ri is trying so hard to win you back, I do not like her being depressed because you will not let her try.”

Sungjoo does not answer for a moment before speaking. “I am her friend…”

Yixuan widens his eyes a bit and smiles, “Well I am impressed you have done that, but why?”

“Because I do not want to hate her… I still am hurt by all she did and it is hard for me to forgive her… she was my first love… the love of my life and she left without telling us, me… I just thought she did not love me anymore so that was why she left… I thought she could have been dead… do you know how that feels?” Sungjoo says nearly crying.

“I don’t… but Sungjoo she did it for good reasons, you heard what she had to say… she was about to give up on you and leave here, you do not want to lose her again do you?”

“I don’t want too… she means so much to me, I really love her…” Sungjoo has tears in his eyes. “Do not tell anyone about this.” Sungjoo turns and leaves walking into the next room.

Yixuan smiles and heads back to the group thinking about what Sungjoo said to him.