Chapter 25

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Sungjoo and Chae ri had finished breakfast and were now heading out back to the house.

“I missed this so much, it feels right again.” Chae ri smiles as the two head down an alleyway to get home quicker.

“And where do you think you are going?” Sungjoo and Chae ri look in front of them to find BTS.

Chae ri goes stiff as Sungjoo holds onto her hand tight. “We want our kidnapped girl back please.” Namjoon grits his teeth.

“You will not take her! I will fight you before she is taken away from me.” Sungjoo spits.

“Guess we going to have to, boys” Namjoon instructs. Sungjoo runs straight into the guys and starts fighting them. Chae ri watched as Sungjoo tried to fight back. Jhope and V were coming towards Chae ri.

“Crap…” Chae ri quickly ran towards them and started to fight them. Sungjoo was fighting Namjoon, Suga, Jin and Jimin but was losing.

Chae ri was able to beat Jhope and V to the ground but had developed cuts on her face. “Sungjoo!” Chae ri ran over and started to kick the guys off him. Namjoon laughed and punched Chae ri in the face.

“Ouch!” Chae ri fell to the ground. Sungjoo was getting beat up and couldn’t see Chae ri. She quickly got up and started to fight Namjoon. Namjoon would kick her in the stomach as she would dodge and punch him multiple times in the arms and legs until he was on the ground.

“Got you!” Suga laughed as he was able to grab Chae ri. Chae ri quickly turned around and punched him to the ground. “Stay away from me!” Chae ri grabbed Sungjoo and moved back as she still had to deal with jin and Jimin.

“What do we do!?” Chae ri thinks. Sungjoo stands up bleeding, ill take blonde you take the other. Sungjoo cracks his neck and Chae ri nods and runs after Jimin.

She fights him trying not to get hit in the ribs. “Ow!” Chae ri felt her rib crack as she was kicked to the floor. Jimin laughed and went to kick again but was punched and kicked to the ground.

“LET’S GO!” Sungjoo grabbed Chae ri’s hand and the two ran off knowing they were near the house.

Chae ri tried to run but her ribs were aching she couldn’t run as fast. “I can’t…” Chae ri falls to the ground.

Sungjoo stopped and kneeled down. “What happened?”

“Jimin cracked one of my ribs…. I cannot run anymore it hurts…” Chae ri winces and holds onto her stomach. “” Sungjoo punched the wall next to them.

“I can walk.” Chae ri stood up holding her stomach as the two finally reached the house.

“Chae!” Jungkook saw the two as they entered the room. He ran over seeing that she was holding her stomach.

“What happened? Did they get you again? Did they do all these cuts?” Jungkook asked.

“Yeah… Jimin cracked a rib… my stomach hurts really bad….” Chae ri couldn’t stand any longer and collapsed on the floor coughing.

“Sungjoo!” Yixuan ran over. “Are you alright?” “Yeah just some bruises and cuts… she is worse.” Sungjoo sighed angrily.

“How is it they never go away!!!!!!!” Sungjoo screamed. “Hey calm down!” Yixuan places his hands on Sungjoo’ shoulders.

“No I am going to finish this, who is coming?” Sungjoo looks around. “We all will, but not now.” Yixuan pleads.

Sungjoo sighs. “Why not now? They are all beat let’s finish them off.” Sungjoo felt his phone vibrate.

“Meet at the area underneath the bridge tomorrow and we will finish this.” Namjoon had sent the message.

Sungjoo showed it to Yixuan who nodded. “We will be ready for those scumbags.” Yixuan smirks.

Jungkook picked Chae ri up slowly taking her into the next room. “You need to rest now…” Jungkook shook his head.

“Hey I was able to beat some.” Chae ri tries not to laugh too hard.

“You definitely are my sister.” Jungkook laughs and kisses Chae ri on the head. “Why do you got to be in this… I wish you weren’t.”

“Hey I am going to be fine, besides I am tough, do not worry about me.” Chae ri lays down and looks at her brother. “But what will happen tomorrow?”

“You don’t need to be in this… it is between us and them, you are not needed.” Jungkook stands up.

“I need to fight to make it even! They kidnapped me I am in this.” Chae ri sits up again.

“Chae ri we are not arguing, goodnight.” Jungkook sighs and walks out. Chae ri was annoyed by her brothers words.

“I know I hurt my ribs but if this is ending tomorrow I need to help them…” Chae ri sighed and closed her eyes as she lays back down.


It was around 4 in the afternoon when Chae ri woke up. She could hear arguments and shouting so she had to go out and find out what was going on.

She could still feel the effects of her ribs as she walked out the door. Once she did all she could see was UNIQ and her brother arguing over food and video games.

“Omg I live with idiots.” Chae ri sighs to herself and notices Sungjoo is not among them. Her eyes look around the room and see Sungjoo staring outside the window sitting on a chair. Chae ri slowly walked over and grabbed a chair sitting next to him.

“Hey.” She looks at Sungjoo taking his hand. Sungjoo doesn’t look at Chae ri but holds her hand tight. “Hey…” Sungjoo sighed.

Chae ri knew something was up. “Why you so quiet? Is this about tomorrow?”

Sungjoo didn’t have to answer for Chae ri to catch on. “Tomorrow this will have ended and we can graduate after, just think about it I am here now and you have the boys to help.”

Chae ri smiled softly as she saw Sungjoo turn his head to look at her. “I am glad your back with me safe.”

“I am always going to be safe, even if we are not together I am always safe knowing you’re in my life.”

Sungjoo smiled and leaned in to kiss Chae ri deeply. The kiss lasted a while as the two enjoyed their time alone.

“I want to help tomorrow.” Chae ri speaks. Sungjoo’s expression went sour. “You will not….”

Chae ri sighed. “What if you cannot stop me from helping…. If I stay here I don’t know if I can cope now knowing what’s happening.”

Sungjoo was now annoyed. “I am not going to let those scums hurt you again just because you want to help! I am not stupid to listen.” Sungjoo stood up and left the room going outside.

Chae ri sat there shocked by Sungjoo’s abrupt rage. She saw all the boys looking at her and where Sungjoo went too. “Great.” Chae ri sighed and looked out the window ignoring the guys.

“What was that about?” Yibo asks looking at the guys.

“Chae would have said something about facing BTS tomorrow… she wants to be in the fight but I told her she couldn’t and Sungjoo would have gotten annoyed when she mentioned it.

“I will go find him.” Yixuan hopped up and walked outside.

“Sungjoo?” Yixuan calls out. He hears no reply and knows Sungjoo has to be somewhere. “Come out please, being angry is not good.”

Sungjoo walks out from behind the side of th building. “I’m really not in the mood.”

Yixuan tries not to laugh. “You need to lighten up… Chae ri isn’t the same girl she was last year… she changed you need to remember that.”

Sungjoo sighed. “I just cannot see her getting hurt again… what if tomorrow she gets hurt bad and it becomes life threatening and I lose her?” Sungjoo looks down.

Yixuan places an arm around Sungjoo. “She has us to look out for her, nothing is going to happen to her, you will not lose her, besides she is still going strong even after all she has been through. Got to give her credit.” Yixuan chuckles and walks inside.

Sungjoo stood there for a moment before walking back in, he went straight over to Chae ri. “I am sorry about shouting at you.”

Chae ri sighed and stood up. “I am annoyed now at you.” Chae ri pushed past Sungjoo and into the kitchen. “Do not be like that.” Sungjoo walked after Chae ri.

UNIQ and Jungkook all got up and followed the two as they watched.

“Chae.” Sungjoo stood behind Chae ri hoping to get her to turn around.

“No, I am not going to listen to you after you went all angry at me, that’s not fair on me.” Chae ri continued to look at the food she was making.

“I was being a cranky person because the person I care about after not seeing her for a month is finally back in my arms.” Sungjoo tries to warm up to Chae ri.

Chae ri turns around and looks at Sungjoo annoyed. “You know trying to be all cute and that isn’t helping.”

“What if I kissed you?” Sungjoo asks. Chae ri looked up at Sungjoo and shrugged. “I don’t know you tell me.” Chae ri forms a little smile.

Sungjoo moved closer to Chae ri before her lips are connected with Sungjoo’s. UNIQ were watching the whole scene trying not to make a sound.

The kiss deepened as Sungjoo places his hands on Chae ri’s waist. “We should go.” Yixuan whispered softly and everyone agreed before leaving.

Sungjoo deepens the kiss even more as he feels Chae ri wrap her arms around his neck. “Should we be doing this in here?” Chae ri asks.

“We don’t have too… I mean…” Sungjoo starts. “The guys are here, let’s not.” Chae ri laughs and goes to leave but is stopped by Sungjoo. “Nope you are staying here.” Sungjoo kisses Chae ri again.

Chae ri kisses back and feels Sungjoo start to kiss her neck. “Hey….” Chae ri starts but feels the kisses Sungjoo leaves on her neck. Chae ri moans softly.

Sungjoo plopped Chae ri onto the bench and kisses Chae ri’s neck again hearing the soft moans Chae ri makes. Chae ri wraps her legs around the back of Sungjoo and leans her head back.

“This is bad doing this here…” Chae ri says then feels Sungjoo moves his hands under her shirt as she feels his touch. “Sungjoo…” Chae ri squirms but moans again as he kisses down her chest.

“Can I take off your shirt?” Sungjoo asks. Chae ri nods and Sungjoo undoes the back as he places it next to her on the bench. Chae ri leans back as she feels kisses trace down her body.

“Sungjoo wow….” Chae ri moans and feels her whole body tingle. Sungjoo stopped and propped Chae ri up again.

“We really should stop.” Chae ri puts her shirt back on. “My brother would kill us.” Chae ri hops off the bench and walks out.

Sungjoo follows and the two join the boys in the lounge room.