Chapter 15

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Chae ri ran outside to see if Sungjoo was there.

“Sungjoo!?” Chae ri yells looking around. “He probably left already Chae… let’s just go home.” Yixuan stands next to Chae ri.

“I need to find him!” Chae ri shakes her head and runs off. “Chae!” Yixuan yells but Chae ri has already run off.

“Do we follow?” Yibo asks. “Yes! I am not leaving her outside alone!” Yixuan clenches his fists and runs after Chae ri. Yibo sighs and the rest run off with him.

Chae ri had run far from the school now shouting Sungjoo’s name hoping he would answer. She could hear Yixuan yelling her name but she did not want to stop.

“I will find him” Chae ri says while running. She ran to the restaurant where they were before. She still had her heels on but she did not care.

She stopped outside the restaurant and peered in and saw no Sungjoo. “ugh… he… is … not…. There.” Chae ri says in between breaths.

“I will look other places.” Chae ri runs off again feeling the effects of running in heels.

She stopped after a minute, she tried to walk but rolled over her foot and fell to the ground.

“Ow” Chae ri winces as she falls down. She had sprained her ankle. “Great…” She whined and stood up.

Chae ri continued to limp looking around for Sungjoo. She still continued to have no luck. She walked into an alley wincing with her foot.

“Sungjoo? Are you here?” Chae ri calls out.

Chae squints her eyes and sees a figure walking towards her. “Sungjoo!” Chae ri yells limping over until she notices it is an older guy.

She widens her eyes and turns trying to walk off. “No way.” The man grabs Chae ri’s hand and pushes her against a wall.

“Where do you think you are going little girl?” The man laughs.

“let me go!” Chae ri tries to get out of the mans grip.

“NO! you will not leave.” The man growls and moves his face closer to Chae ri’s.

“A girl like you should not be outside at this time, bad people are out and about.” The man chuckles.

Chae ri closes her eyes and turns her head away.  She feels something wet touch her cheek.

“STOP!” Chae ri slaps the man.

“You ” The man growls and slaps Chae ri making her fall to the ground.

“Ow…” Chae r winces and the man picks Chae ri up.

“LET HER GO!” A voice booms. Chae ri looks over and sees a figure coming over but cannot make out who it is since her eyes are blurred with tears.

The man growls and walks over to the guy. Chae ri can hear fighting going on and then the old man walking off groaning.

“Chae!” Sungjoo runs over and kneels down as Chae ri had fallen again.

“Are you okay!?” Sungjoo holds Chae ri’s face with his hands.

“S-Sungjoo?” Chae ri asks. “Yeah it’s me.”

Chae ri automatically embraces Sungjoo hugging him tight. “I-I he tried to hurt me… and he kissed m-my cheek.” Chae ri bursts into tears.

“It is okay he is gone now… come on lets go to the house.” Sungjoo helps Chae ri up and starts to walk when he sees Chae ri limping.

“What happened” Sungjoo turns. “I sprained my ankle…” Chae ri looks down.

“How did you do that?” Sungjoo asks annoyed. “I-I w-was l-looking f-for you…”

Sungjoo softened and sighed. “I will carry you.” Sungjoo picks Chae ri up bridal style and starts to walk. Chae ri lays her head against his chest sniffing.

“I-I’m sorry about today… I wanted to have a good time… I ruined everything.” Chae ri says.

“Do not apologize… it is not your fault.” Sungjoo sighs. Chae ri nods

Sungjoo walked in silence the whole way. He could hear Chae ri mumbling something but could not make out what it was.

“I love you Sungjoo… please do not leave me.” Chae ri whispered. Sungjoo could tell Chae ri was asleep.

“I love you as well Chae ri, I will never leave you… do not leave me… I did not mean what I said before… I got angry and it came out… I hope one day I will be able to stop…” Sungjoo says.


Sungjoo and Chae ri finally arrived at the house. Everyone was inside waiting.

“Chae, Sungjoo.” Yixuan runs over. “Is she okay? What happened?” Yixuan looks at Sungjoo angrily.

“She was in a alley and this old dude was trying to…. I got there in time but he slapped her and tried to kiss her on the cheek… she sprained her ankle.” Sungjoo looks down.

“Well at least she is okay, do not ever run away again Sungjoo! She would have not been like this otherwise.” Yixuan says sternly.

“Sorry Hyung… will not happen again. I will take her into the room.” Sungjoo nods and walks into the room.

He places Chae ri on the bed. “I am sorry for hurting you… this will never happen again.

Sungjoo stands up but feels a hand grab him. He looks down and Chae ri is holding his hand.

“Can you stay with me?” Chae ri asks. Sungjoo nods and lays next to Chae ri. She cuddles into Sungjoo’s body as Sungjoo puts his arm under her head.

“Sleep Chae…” Sungjoo sighs and closes his eyes.