Chapter 27

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

“SUNGJOO!” UNIQ all yell. Yixuan looks over and see a way they can get down. “HERE!” Yixuan and UNIQ all take the way down hoping Sungjoo and Chae ri are alright.

“Sungjoo!? Chae ri!?” Jungkook yells. As soon as they get down all they do is look and hope they find them.

“Guys!” Sungjoo yells out and UNIQ all look over to find Sungjoo and Chae ri on an island across from them. UNIQ and Jungkook all run over not caring if they get wet.

“CHAE!” Jungkook runs over faster and slides next to Chae ri. “IS SHE OKAY!?” Jungkook looks up to Sungjoo.

“I don’t know…. She wont answer….” Sungjoo says with tears in his eyes.

“Chae ri please wake up…..” Jungkook pleads.

Chae ri starts to cough up water. Jungkook sighs in relief and sighs. “OMG THANK GOD.”

Sungjoo lifted Chae ri up. “Are you okay????” Sungjoo asks worried. Chae ri held her stomach and nodded slowly…

“I can’t breath….” Chae ri starts to freak out and Sungjoo quickly lifts her up and all of UNIQ and Jungkook make their way back up to the top. Once they got up BTS were gone but all the boys cared about was getting Chae ri to the hospital.

The boys didn’t stop and continued to run until they finally got to the hospital.

“WE NEED HELP.” Sungjoo yelled as a nurse and the doctor came over placing Chae ri onto a stretcher.

“What happened to her?” Just help her she cannot breathe.” Sungjoo growled. “Okay stay here.” The doctor ran into the emergency room as the boys had to stay behind the doors.

Sungjoo sunk to the ground as did Jungkook. “This is all our stupid fault.” Sungjoo hangs his head down tears spilling out.

UNIQ all went quiet as they felt their hearts break waiting. Jungkook had gotten up and walked off leaving the boys.


After 10 minutes the doctor had come out with a smile on his face. “She is fine, broken rib and some bleeding, she must have done something has her lungs were not giving her air, she is breathing fine and can leave after an hour.”

“Thank you so much.” Jungkook bowed and ran straight for the room. Sungjoo and UNIQ were all about to go when Yixuan stopped them.

“Let the two have a moment…” Yixuan says softly and sits down. Sungjoo understood and waited. He knew Jungkook was most terrified after him and he felt like Jungkook deserved to see Chae ri more.

When Jungkook walked in he saw Chae ri with bandages on her and oxygen mask on her. His heart broke as he walked over.

Hey…” He said softly as he sat down. Chae ri smiled and took off the mask. “H-hey.” Chae ri says sounding croaky.

“I am sorry for not being able to protect you…” Jungkook hung his head low. Chae ri took hold of Jungkook’s hand and took a moment before speaking.

“There was nothing you could have done… besides I was the one to cover him…. You were not able to do anything, I love you brother its okay.” Chae ri ends her sentence before coughing and places the mask back on mouth.

“Do you want Sungjoo in?” Jungkook asks. Chae ri nodded and took slow breaths. Jungkook nodded before walking out.

“She wants you.” Jungkook nodded at Sungjoo who stands up and walks towards Chae ri’s room.

Once he goes inside his heart breaks seeing Chae ri with the oxygen mask on her. “I am so sorry for all this to happen to you…” Sungjoo sits on the chair text to Chae ri.

Chae ri looks at Sungjoo with a painful look on her face as she takes off her mask. “Hey… you do not need to be sorry, im alive and bts are done.” Chae ri says before she places the mask on.

“Are you still having trouble breathing?” Sungjoo asks worried. “Not a lot but I want to keep it on for this hour so I am alright for when we leave.” Chae ri says croaky again.

“I understand.” Sungjoo smiles softly and kisses Chae ri on the forehead. “The guys want to come see you okay?” Sungjoo gets up and walks outside before bringing in the rest of UNIQ.

Chae ri smiles and her eyes wonder looking for Jungkook. “Where is Oppa?” Chae ri looks up at UNIQ.

“He went out… I am not sure where… he didn’t say a word, I am sure he will be back.” Yixuan reassures Chae ri.

“Can I leave now?” Chae ri asks. Sungjoo and UNIQ all knew she was worried about where her brother was.

“They said it was best you stay the hour…. Do you want me to go look for him?” Sungjoo asks.

“Please….” Chae ri sighs and Sungjoo nods. “Yeah I will, love you chae.” Sungjoo kisses her on the forehead again before going outside.

“We will keep you company.” Yibo takes the spare seat and props himself making Chae laugh.


Sungjoo walked outside of the hospital and looked around, he could not see any signs of Jungkook. Sungjoo decided to call Jungkook so he pulled out his phone which was wet.

“ing great…. I forgot it was there.” Sungjoo chucks his phone in the bin and walks out more trying to see where Jungkook is.

“Where is this kid…. Jesus if he went and done something stupid Chae won’t be happy…”

“I am fine.” Jungkook says walking over. Sungjoo turns his head and sees Jungkook coming over with food.

“Jesus you made me worry… why you didn’t say anything? your sister was worried.”

“I felt like it was easier just to go and get it…. Not really in the talking mood sorry.” Jungkook sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“It’s okay, let’s go see your sister so she knows where you are.” Sungjoo walks inside with Jungkook.

The two arrive at Chae ri’s room. “Hey babe, found him.” Sungjoo smiles and walks inside.

Jungkook follows and smiles. “I got you food if its okay to eat? I got soft food.” Jungkook walks around the other side of the bed and sets the food on the desk thing in front of Chae ri.

“Thank you…” Chae ri smiles and sits up slowly. She took a bit of the food and slowly ate some making sure it didn’t hurt when swallowing.

The hour went quickly for the guys as they chatted and ate happily not thinking about the happenings of the morning.