Chapter 12

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Chae ri could not find Sungjoo for the rest of the day, he did not go to class and he never showed at 2nd lunch.

“He was really angry I guess…” Chae ri sighed and played with her fingers.

“Well what those girls said did seem like something for him to get real angry about but do not worry by the time the dance is on tonight and dinner before he will be fine.” Yixuan grins.

“I hope you are right… wait so are we going to get dressed first then go or eat first then dress?”

“Get dressed first, besides the dance is not for another 5 hours we have plenty of time, and he will probably be calm by then.”

Chae ri continued walking hoping Yixuan was right, she wanted tonight to be fun and not filled with yelling.

Chae ri and Yixuan arrived home before all the others, they were in charge of making sure everyone got ready in time and that they would be able to eat in time.

“Okay you get ready first and then help me with the buys after.” Yixuan turns to Chae ri.

“You will be half finished by then you fool.” Chae ri crosses her arms.

“Well I want you to focus on you and I will do the guys.” Yixuan says back crossing his arms.

“Ugh you frustrate me” Chae ri sighs and stomps to where her clothes are. Yixuan chuckles and goes to get the guys stuff.

Chae ri walked into the spare room and found her clothes laid out on the bed. She was confused on how they were out and ready.

“I did not do that? I was at home all yesterday….” Chae ri looked around and she saw Sungjoo’s stuff laid out as well and then she caught on.

“He did this… wow.” Chae ri smiles as she kneels down looking closely at her dress.

“I cannot wait to wear it.” Chae ri giggles and claps as she stands up and skips out to the bathroom. She wanted to get ready now since she was so happy. She forgot about what happened today and just wanted to enjoy tonight and this afternoon.


Everyone had finally arrived home and were now getting ready, Sungjoo continued to avoid Chae ri and sat in the room the whole time. This made Chae ri really annoyed, she wanted to talk to him but was stopped but Jungkook all the time.

“But I want to….” Chae ri begs.

“No… leave him otherwise I will not let you come to the dance tonight.” Jungkook says sternly making Chae ri grumpy.

“Fine whatever.” Chae ri huffs and sits on the couch by herself. Jungkook knew how stubborn Chae ri could be so he had to take measures to make sure.

Chae ri also did not speak to anyone, she saw Yibo come over but she turned so her back was to him. If Sungjoo wanted to be cranky Chae ri was going to do the same.

It was now an hour before the dance and the guys and Chae ri all headed out to get something to eat.

Sungjoo walked in front alone while Chae ri decided to walk at the back while the others were in the middle. They all felt the tension as they walked.

“This is painful.” Yibo sighs. “Those two need to get over it seriously.” Yixuan shakes his head.

Chae ri could hear the guys talking, she was still annoyed because of Sungjoo and she would not speak to anyone until the dance.

“Stupid Sungjoo…” Chae ri says underneath her breath. She continued to walk alone.

Sungjoo was getting further ahead than everyone, he would probably arrive at the restaurant before everyone but he did not care he just wanted to be alone.

“I hate this, Chae ri is so frustrating.” Sungjoo growls. “Why can she just leave me be while I am pissed off… ugh she annoys me.” Sungjoo continues to be angry until he arrives at the restaurant.

“Finally.” Sungjoo sighs and grabs a table with enough seats for everyone. He sits at one of the ends.

About 4 minutes later everyone else arrives and takes their seats. Chae ri is the last one in and she sees only one seat left which is next to Sungjoo.

“Great…” Chae ri huffs under her breath and walks to the empty seat. She shuffled closer to Yixuan so she was further away from Sungjoo.

Sungjoo saw this and rolled his eyes. “Childish much…” He says to himself.

Chae ri had heard Sungjoo and chose to ignore it.

“Okay let’s order!” Yixuan claps to break the tension.

“Usual!” Yibo cheers and everyone agrees laughing.

Chae ri was now getting happier and forgot about being angry at Sungjoo.