Chapter 4

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

When the bell rang Yibo had offered to go with Chae ri to get her timetable from the office.

Yibo and Chae ri left first while the others went their ways to homeroom. Chae ri had stayed quite the whole time while Yibo started the conversation. “How are you going?” he asked.

“I feel better… I just feel all this emotion run through me and I get so angry then upset because I know I did wrong but he won’t listen to me…” Chae ri sighs and clutches her bag tighter in her arms.

“Just do not worry about Sungjoo today and worry about school, besides we have a school dance in 4 days, we are all going so we should go shopping for a dress for you, unless you have one.” Yibo chuckles.

“I have one, I bought it especially for a good occasion and I guess this is the one.” Chae ri smiles and the two arrive outside the office.

“I will wait out here, fighting.” Yibo does a fighting sign to Chae ri before she walks inside the office.

While Chae ri was in the office Yibo was waiting outside. While he waiting his eyes landed on Sungjoo, who had been walking around aimlessly, Yibo sighed and made sure Chae ri was not coming out before we jogged over to Sungjoo.

“What are you doing Sungjoo?” Yibo asks. Sungjoo looked up and saw Yibo. “Hey, uh nothing just wondering.” Sungjoo says calmly.

“Get to class Sungjoo, why did you come if you are not going?” Yibo asks. Sungjoo wad taken aback by how Yibo was talking to him. “I do not want to go into homeroom if she ends up being back in all my classes… I hate it.” Sungjoo says upset.

“You are the one who has been acting wrong this whole time she has been back so do not start acting all upset and depressed when all you have done is be selfish, a drunk idiot and all of that, Sungjoo” Yibo balls up his fists.

“Look Yibo, I do not want to fight with you, I just want this to all go to normal, if only things were normal.” Sungjoo tries to convince Yibo.

“Maybe if you only forgave Chae ri then it would, I guess you are still too selfish to do it.” Yibo shakes his head and walks back to his spot outside the office.

Sungjoo sighs and leaves going to homeroom, he hated what Yibo was saying, he was betrayed by the girl he loved most in this world, the only one he loved.

“Stupid Yibo telling me all that crap.” Sungjoo mumbles to himself striding into homeroom not listening to the teacher and sits in his seat.


Chae ri walks out of the office with her timetable and a emotionless look on her face, Yibo stands up straight and looks at Chae ri.

“Same classes?” Yibo asks worried, he knew that meant yes. Chae ri looked up and sighed. “Sadly yes… and same homeroom.”

“Well remember I am in all your classes, well except homeroom but you can survive it.” Yibo does a fighting and finally arrive out front of Chae ri’s class.

“See you in first class, remember it is only for 20 minutes.” Yibo places his hands on Chae ri’s shoulders. “You can do it.” Yibo smiles and walks off.

Chae ri takes a deep breath in and walks into the classroom, she looks to the teacher who turns and smiles at Chae ri.

“You must be the new student, please come and introduce yourself.” The teacher motions to Chae ri to walk over to the podium thing.

“Anneyong everyone, I am Chae ri and I hope our last year is a good one.” Chae ri smiles with confidence and she can hear everyone gasping and murmuring all surprised.

“Chae ri?” The teacher asks. “Yep, it is me.” Chae ri smiles and walks to the empty seat which was behind Sungjoo.

Everyone was still whispering about Chae ri. “Whoa the nerd is hot, how did she become so attractive?”

“She sure has changed a lot, whoa much better than her nerdy look.”

“Damn I cannot believe she came back, looks amazing though”

Chae ri listened to all the positive comments she was hearing. “I guess the change worked.” Chae ri smirks at herself and sits there making conversation with another girl next to her.

“So you went to America and changed everything and came back like this?” the girl asked.

“Yep, I needed a change and to be honest I feel more like myself and sometimes I wish I didn’t come back….” Chae ri sighs.

“Why?” The girl looks worried. Chae ri looks at her. “Sungjoo… he hates me because I left him and the guys for a year and never told them until I came back.” Chae ri confesses.

“He is in front of you though…” “Yeah but he is listening to music, I saw when I walked down.” Chae ri raises her eyebrows and rests her chin on her palm until homeroom was finished.

Chae ri walked out of the class and headed to her first class of the day, she saw Sungjoo ahead of her walking fast, she knew he probabaly was trying to be as far away from her as possible. “I wish he would love me again…” Chae ri thought about that the whole way to class.

“Chae hey!” yibo runs over. “Hey!” Chae ri smiles and walks inside. “How was home? Did it go well?” Yibo asks. “Yeah they all commented how well I looked and no negative ones.” Chae ri grins and sits down next to Yibo.

“Well luckily it went well, now we can focus on school and you can finally have a good year.” Yibo smiles and it soon disappears as a quenka walks over to Chae ri.

“Well the nerd has arrived back at our school but as a different person, trying to hide will not work little girl.” She says angrily.

“Excuse me but I actually want to have a good day, I will not be a scared little nerd anymore, I changed because I felt comfortable as this, you may be hiding under all that glitter and glam but I sure am not” Chae ri stands up and smirks at the girl.

“Watch your mouth, you will regret it.” She says with gritted teeth. Chae ri was not scared so she stood up for herself.

“I am not scared of you, I will not be bullied by you anymore, now go and leave me alone.” Chae ri glares.

The Queenka scoffs and struts off. Chae ri chuckles and sits down facing Yibo who had a proud look on his face.

“You sure have changed, it suits you so well.” Yibo shakes his head and chuckles.

“Thank you, I hate how she thinks she runs this place, well I will not let her ruin my year… already have one person to deal with.” Chae ri shakes her head and opens her book.

As class progressed Chae ri could notice the Queenka glaring at her, it happened for a quarter of the lesson nd then she stopped and was gossiping with her friends. Chae ri shook her head and looked over to Sungjoo, he was busying not doing work and on his phone. Chae ri wanted to talk to him so she whipped out her phone and went into her messages with him.

‘Can we talk at lunch’ she sends the message and waits for him to reply.

‘Fine… whatever out spot’ he sends back and she can see him shaking his head and going to sleep.

“What did you do?” Yibo asks. Chae ri turns her head to Yibo. “I messaged him and asked if we could talk.” She whispers.

“Ohhhh, what did he say?” “He said fine whatever, which is a start.” Chae ri smiles and puts her phone away.

The bell rang for end of class and everyone filed out, Chae ri walked out with Yibo to their next class.

“What are you going to talk to him about?” Yibo asks. Chae ri shrugs “I really don’t know, I just messaged him, I did not think he was going to say yes but maybe if I can explain I can get to him… maybe I don’t know… well let’s go to class and figure that out later.” Chae ri links arms with Yibo and continue to head to class.