Chapter 3

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Chae ri opened her eyes noticing she was not in her bedroom, She sat up quickly looking around before she came to realise she was at UNIQ’s place.

“That’s right… we all watched a movie and fell asleep…” Chae ri yawned and she heard noises from the kitchen. She gets up and walks over and sees Sungjoo making breakfast for himself.

Chae ri did not know what to do, she was glued to the floor until Sungjoo noticed her.

“What?” He asked not making eye contact and just making his food. “Uh….” Chae ri could not even get a word out of .

“Leave if you are just going to stand there like an idiot.” Sungjoo sighs and looks at Chae ri. “I just wanted to see you…” Chae ri speaks up. Sungjoo laughs a little. “You think that will make me like you again? You did so many wrong things and now you have to live with it.” Sungjoo grabs his plate of food and walks past Chae ri.

Chae ri grabs his free hand. “I will make it up to you… just give me a chance Sungjoo…” Chae ri looks at him sadness in her eyes.

“I can’t… hurts to much just looking at you.” Sungjoo shakes his head and leaves. Chae ri sighs and stands there her heart aching. “I hate myself for leaving you….

Sungjoo had heard Chae ri’s words and his heart broke. He hated that she left him, he hated her being back. “ me, I need to get out of here.” Sungjoo grabs his school bag and leaves the house.

Chae ri had not noticed so she just sat on the kitchen bench thinking. She remembered it was her first day back at school, she was not looking forward to it… everyone will be shocked and she was hoping they would treat her better now that she is not a nerd.

“Please let today go well, I really do not want drama…”

“Then I guess we will just have to stick together.” Yixuan walks over to Chae ri yawning.

Chae ri smiles. “I guess so, besides I hope I can still be in the same classes, I liked them… except Sungjoo was in all them… not looking forward to that either.”

“Where is that anyway?” Yixuan asks. “I don’t know I came and he left with food so god knows where he went.” Chae ri shrugs.

“Hey… don’t worry about Sungjoo, Jungkook has your school clothes if you want to get changed.” Yixuan ruffles Chae ri’s hair and goes into the kitchen to make breakfast.

Chae ri walks over to Jungkook’s bag which was next to him, she grabs the clothes from inside and looks at them frowning. “They still look horrible.” She rolls her eyes and goes to the bathroom to change.

After Chae ri has finished everyone was awake, she smiled as she walked over to where everyone was gathered in the kitchen waiting for food. “Smells great!”

“Good morning sis.” Jungkook hugs Chae ri tight. “Good morning brother.” Chae ri chuckles and hugs back.

“Ok guys grab food and eat!” Yixuan yells and everyone starts grabbing food left right and center. Chae ri was the last to get food and there was not much left. “You all .” Chae ri shakes her head and grabs what is left.

“Well it is first in best dressed.” Wenhan pokes out his tongue. Chae ri rolls her eyes and sits on the chair at the kitchen. She looks up and sees Yibo sit with her.

“You looked lonely so I thought to keep you company.” Yibo smiles.

“Thanks Yibo, I just didn’t feel like really socializing that much till school, too worried.”

Yibo nods and looks at Chae ri. “You will do great today, besides we are there and I do not think they will pick on you.” Yibo chuckles.

“Yeah you’re right… I am ready for it.” Chae ri says confidently.

“There we go.” Yibo speaks up and high fives Chae ri. “Let’s eat so the others don’t try to steal our food.” Chae ri giggles and the two eat their food quickly.


Chae ri was waiting for the guys to change into their school uniforms, once they got out all of the boys had their uniforms on messy and their shirts were not tucked in. “You guys seriously need to take pride in your clothes.” Chae ri rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag and walked outside.

“We don’t even like school why should we?” Jungkook shakes his head and the guy’s head out to meet Chae ri. After they all met up they walked to school.

“Does it feel weird going to school after a year?” Jungkook asks. “Yeah… and I am not a nerd so I am waiting too see how people react, probably will not know who I am since I was a nerd when I left.” Chae ri chuckles.

“I bet all the teachers will be like surprised when they see you.” Seungyoun laughs. “They will be, I was so weird back then but now I am not, no being nerdy for me this year.” Chae ri nods.

“Well it we live near school, if we could move that would be great.” Wenhan complains.

“Well we can’t so shush Wenhan.” Yixuan shoots. “Yes boss man.” Wenhan teases and runs after Chae ri yanking her away and running off.

“He is so weird how are we friends with this kid.” Yixuan shakes his head. “You be-friended him Hyung remember that.” Yibo laughs.

“Do not remind me ok.” Yixuan glares and walks off as well.

“Well guys!” Yibo places his arms around Jungkook and Seungyoun shoulders. “I am bored do we have to go to school?” Yibo asks.

“Yes, Chae wanted to go and I am not letting her go alone so we are all going, all the days she goes is when we go.” Jungkook nods.

“That’s every day!” Yibo whines. “Get over it you sack of potatoes.” Seungyoun laughs and walks off. Jungkook laughs and leaves Yibo as well.

“That was rude!” Yibo yells running after everyone.

Chae ri and Wenhan were the first to arrive at school. “Phew that was tiring.” Wenhan puffs. “I agree.” Chae ri laughs catching her breath. “Where are the others?” Chae ri looked behind her to see the figures of UNIQ and Jungkook behind them not close but kind of far.

“They are slow is all.” Wenhan teases. “I agree to that as well, I guess we wait now.” Chae ri sighs and the two stand there waiting for the others to catch up.

“We are here!” Yibo shouts 3 minutes after. “Finally all of you are so slow.” Chae ri laughs.

“Well we were taking our time not getting dragged by this fool over here.” Seungyoun raises his eyebrows.

“Shut up, Chae ri enjoyed it.” Wenhan says and walks inside with Chae ri. “Well here we go.” Yixuan rolls his eyes and all follow.


Chae ri had gone to UNIQ’s spot first with Wenhan following behind, when she arrived her eyes landed on Sungjoo who had been sitting there waiting. She  sighed and stopped walking, she couldn’t make herself move, like she was glued to the grass.

“Chae why are you stopped?” Jungkook walks over. “Sungjoo…” Chae ri felt her heart break and tears well up in her eyes. “Want to sit somewhere else?” Jungkook asked. “Yeah…” Chae ri turned and walked off. Jungkook walked to the guys. “I am going to go sit with Chae ri somewhere else since Sungjoo is here.” Jungkook told the guys and they all nodded.

Jungkook then went to go find out where Chae ri had sat, he hated seeing his sister so upset, she really did love Sungjoo and Jungkook knew how much she did and why she was so depressed. He found her not to far from where UNIQ are sitting under a tree, it had a clear view of the guys.

“Hey.” Jungkook sits next to Chae ri and places his arm around her, he notices that where they are sitting has a clear view of the guys and Sungjoo.

“This won’t help if you still can see him Chae…” Jungkook looks at his sister. Chae ri sighs. “I can’t help it… I just miss him so much that even not looking at him hurts me, I would rather hurt and be far away looking on him then being there and getting yelled at.”

Jungkook knew what his sister meant but he didn’t like why she would still want to feel the hurt.

“What can we do to make him be himself again?” Chae ri looks at her brother. “I would not know Chae… remember this is what he has been like for a whole year, it will take a while to get him back.” Jungkook removes his arm so he is facing directly at Chae ri.

Chae ri looks at Jungkook annoyed. “You do not think I know that! I just want him to love me again is that to hard to ask” Chae ri says angrily.

“Can you calm down please Chae…” Jungkook pleads to his sister. “I am sick of being depressed and useless!” Chae ri stands up and walks off. “Where are you going?!” Jungkook yells and runs after Chae ri.

Jungkook follows Chae ri but is not sure where she is going. Chae ri continues to walk until she is walking directly towards UNIQ. Jungkook knew this was not good.

“Chae don’t do anything stupid!” Jungkook tries to reason with Chae ri. UNIQ had heard Jungkook’s voice and they now saw Chae ri headed their way.

“Chae what are doing?” Yixuan asks standing up.\

Chae ri ignored everyone and went straight for Sungjoo, before anyone could say another word a loud slap was heard, Chae ri had slapped Sungjoo right in the face.

Everyone gasped as they all looked at Chae ri. “I am sorry for leaving you for a whole year! I know you are angry at me! Stop being a about it and sleeping with useless girls just because you will not face me like a man!” Chae ri yelled at Sungjoo.

Sungjoo was surprised and pissed off at Chae ri for slapping him. “Shut up! I do not care about your little pity party! I am facing it like a man, just because you cannot have me anymore!” Sungjoo yelled.

Chae ri was even more angrier now. “Really?! You are a man? You are acting like a spoilt little brat and hiding your feelings underneath alcohol and women! Is that how a man acts? Now that is how a acts, you disgust me!” Chae ri spits.

Sungjoo glared at Chae ri and pushed her into a tree holding her hands. “You dare speak to me like that blaming me for this? You are so wrong Chae, this will always be on you, you lost me and you will never have me.” Sungjoo tightens his grip on Chae ri.

“You blame me for all this when all I did was leave to give you a chance to forgive me!” Chae was now trying to fight back tears. “I would have made things worse! You know it I know it they all know it! I might have chosen the wrong way to handle it! You were always on my mind in America, you made me survive and now you act like this just because I left you… well I will regret it for my whole life.” Chae ri squeezes out of Sungjoo grip and looks into his eyes. “I will just leave.” Chae ri sighs and walks off.

Sungjoo stood there Chae ri’s words running through his head ‘I will just leave.’ He punched the tree angrily and walked off.

Jungkook ran after his sister while UNIQ all stood there still still processing what happened. “Did she say she will just leave? Like this spot or this city?” Yibo turns to the others worried.

“I do not know but I hope she is alright….” Wenhan sighs and sits down. Yixuan does the same and Yibo just stands there, Seungyoun walks off to get a drink dragging Yibo along with him.

Jungkook caught up to Chae ri eventually and grabs her hand making her stop. “What did you mean by I will just leave?” Jungkook turns Chae ri so she is looking at him.

Chae ri sighs and hugs her brother tears flowing out. “I just want him back, all this anger came through me then sadness, I cannot control myself anymore.”

Jungkook hugged his sister tightly. “Hey, you need to just calm down okay…”

Chae ri moved back and whips her tears, “This is all just so stupid, I just want to have him in my arms but I realise I need to regain his trust and make him fall in love with the same person he was in love with a year ago.” Chae ri changes her tone.

Jungkook was surpised by the sudden change. “You are going to do something about it?”

Chae ri nods. “Being all depressed and then being angry will never do me good, I need to show him that he is still in love with me and that I can make him trust me and try to mend his heart and hopefully he becomes the Sungjoo I met and fell in love with.”

Jungkook folds his arms and nods with approval. “I think that is a plan, remember try not to do anything rash that will hurt your feelings and make him hate you more.” Jungkook smiles at his sister.

“I will just remind him of who I was before and that whatever other feelings he has bottled up inside that he can finally confess why he was really affected by my leaving.”

Jungkook smiled more and looked at his sister before placing an arm around her. “Well then let’s go socialize with the gang.” Jungkook laughs and the two walk off heading back to UNIQ.