Chapter 20

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Sungjoo had now had 4 beers and was now slightly drunk.

“How are you feeling dude?” Yibo asks.

“I feel like … the love of my life is somewhere with scums and I feel so useless…” Sungjoo sighs and sits there slowly sipping his drink.

“I know… but we will make sure she get to us safe and if they have hurt her we will hurt them.” Wenhan sighs.

Sungjoo just sat there depressed and had finished his drink. “Give me something stronger.” Sungjoo asks.

“Okay…” Wenhan walks over and orders another drink for Sungjoo. After a bit he comes back with a vodka. “Here you go man.” Wenhan sits down again and the two watch Sungjoo scull it.

“Wow that is strong.” Sungjoo takes a deeper sigh and lays his head on the table. The guys hated seeing their friend this down, since Sungjoo had met Chae ri she had made him a better person and UNIQ was happy to see him changed.

Sungjoo wanted more vodka after each glass and this was making Yibo and Wenhan more worried after he had finished his 6th one.

“Maybe we should stop him…” Yibo and Wenhan stand outside the toilets away from their table where Sungjoo was moping.

“Won’t he be aggressive? I don’t want to get hit…” Wenhan shudders. “Maybe we need to take it slowly… just ease into it.” Yibo nods.

“Righto, I am going to hide behind you if he starts swinging.” Wenhan points out.

Yibo frowns and walks to the table shaking his head. Sungjoo looked up and grinned but it was a pained grin.

“Hey… lets go back to the house now.” Both Yibo and Wenhan stood ready to run.

Sungjoo sighed tipsy and stood up. “O-okaaaay” He trips but the two catches him.

“We will carry you dude.” Yibo and Wenhan place Sungjoo’s arms over their shoulders.

“Well that was better than expected.” Wenhan grins. “Let’s just get back safe dude.” Yibo sighs and the two walk off with Sungjoo.


Chae ri had woken up not too long ago, she had slept the whole say since she never slept the night before. She could feel how sore her eyes were.

“Ugh I need ice…” Chae ri stood up from the bed and walked over to the door.

“Namjoon!” She yelled out. Chae ri waited for any sign of footsteps which did not happen until 20 seconds later. Chae ri quickly moved back onto the bed.

“Yes Chae ri.” Namjoon pretended to be nice. This made her frown but she was not in the mood.

“Can I have some ice for my eyes?”

Namjoon smirked. “So the girl finally wants something, I thought I would be hearing you begging me to let you out.”

“I would not even make it out of the room without getting caught so…. I wish I could leave but you know I am a prisoner.” Chae ri folds her arms and goes to lean on her sore foot.

“Crap!” Chae ri winces and holds her ankle. Namjoon widens his eyes and laughs. “That is correct you had hurt your ankle… I guess I should give you bandage but ehhhhh maybe, will be back with the ice though.” Namjoon closes and locks the door as Chae ri stands there annoyed.

“Ugh….” Chae ri sits back on the bed and sighs as she closes her eyes.

She sat there thinking about Sungjoo, Jungkook and the guys as she waited. She really felt the emptiness in her heart and how hurt she was.

Namjoon had come back with ice in a bowl wrapped around with a tea towel. Chae ri noticed some bandages for her foot as he slid it in and quickly locked the door.

“You are welcome” He calls out laughing. Chae ri rolled her eyes and hopped over to the stuff picking it up balancing it as she reaches the bed again.

“I hate this….” Chae ri did her ankle up first before placing the ice onto her eyes feeling the cool sensation.

“This feels so much better… I feel like I will need it a lot… I feel so empty…” Chae ri thought to herself sighing as she laid on her side.

She kept thinking about what Sungjoo and the others were doing without her. She was hoping they were okay, she hoped they were looking for her. She needed them now but she knew it might be a while before they are reunited.