Chapter 5

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

When it was lunch time Chae ri was thinking of what to say to Sungjoo. “What if he yells at me again… what if he won’t talk to me…? Ugh all these scenarios are killing my brain.”

When Chae ri arrives at the spot Sungjoo is already there waiting, he spotted Chae ri walking over and placed his hands into his pockets sighing.

“Okay what did you want to talk about?” Sungjoo asked trying to get this over with.

“Can we at least try to be friends… I miss you Sungjoo.” Chae ri gets to the point.

“You want to be be friends? Do you still love me?” Sungjoo asks. Chae ri sighs at his questions.

“I do… and I still do love you but if being your friends is one step better than trying to get you back straight away I will go with anything… just give me a chance.” Chae ri pleads.

Sungjoo could not stare Chae ri in the eyes so he looked away clutching his fists, he did not want to accept but a part of him wanted to, why was this so hard for him.

Before he could answer Chae ri spoke up again. “If you really detest me that much walk away without saying anything and then I will know where I stand.” Chae ri says as her last plea.

This got to Sungjoo this time, Chae ri’s words ran through his head like a rocket, he knew that if she really left he would not be able to live with himself, he lost her once he could not do it again even if he was still hurt and betrayed by her he still deep inside loved her, but he would not tell her that, not yet anyway.

“Fine, we can be friends…” Sungjoo says quietly but still loud enough for Chae ri to hear. A smile crept up onto her face and she stood there happily.

“Thank you Sungjoo… it mean a lot that you did this.” Chae ri turns to walk off but is stopped by Sungjoo. “If you are really sure about this friend thing then let me take you to the dance as friends?” Sungjoo says looking at Chae ri.

“Dance as friends sounds good, can’t wait.” Chae ri smiles and Sungjoo loosens his grip and watches as Chae ri leaves, he could not help but smile at Chae ri.

“Damn it… I am falling back in love again with her…” Sungjoo sighs and walks off.


Chae ri was happy Sungjoo took up her offer as friends and he also asked her to the dance, but as friends, Chae ri skipped over to her brother.

“Hi bro! isn’t today a glorious day?” Chae ri giggles and Jungkook could tell something happened.

“So what made you so happy?” He turns and faces Chae ri smiling.

“Sungjoo and I are now friends! And he also is taking me to the dance, but just as friends.” Chae ri claps.

“See there we go, you are getting there, now if you stay his friend for a while his feelings for you will come back and in no time you will be together again.” Jungkook claps as well.

“I hope it does not take long… I am having a hard enough time keeping my feelings bottled and not having the urge to kiss him when I can’t.” Chae ri says.

“Well I am sure he still loves you it is just under all the hurt and anger.” Jungkook shrugs.

Chae ri nods and thinks for a second. “The dance is in 2 days! Oh no I am not ready.” Chae ri starts freaking out.

This made Jungkook laugh. “Calm down, you just stopped freaking out from before it is not healthy.”

Chae ri stops freaking out and smiles at her brother. “Okay dear lovely brother, well I need to go have fun with your girl.” Chae ri grins and skips off, Jungkook tilts his head and turns around to see a girl smiling at him.

“How does she know?” Jungkook tilts his head again. The girl laughs and links arms with Jungkook. “I talked to Chae in class, she didn’t know about us.” The girl frowns and punches Jungkook’s arm softly.

Chae ri had been watching from behind a tree, she smiled at the girl she met in her homeroom who had told her Jungkook and her had been dating for a while.

“I am glad you are happy brother… now I just need to be.” Chae ri continued looking at her brother.

Sungjoo had also been watching from behind another tree watching Chae ri. “I will make you happy one day Chae… my heart just is not ready yet.” Sungjoo sighs.