Chapter 6

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

School had finished and Chae ri was excited to go home and sleep, “Ugh school is tiring already.” Chae ri said to herself as she walked out of the class to the front of school.

Chae ri was about to walk off home when a hand landed on her shoulder, Chae ri looked over to see Sungjoo smiling at her, how much she had missed this.

“Hey could you come and help me find a tux? I am terrible with that stuff…” Sungjoo sheepishly rubs the back of his neck.

“Yeah I can! You need to learn how to shop for yourself.” Chae ri chuckles.

“Well I never really did it before, you helped me before.” Sungjoo speaks not realising what he said. “Uh I mean, I am terrible at it.” Sungjoo nervously speaks away from his wording before.

Chae ri had heard him and sighed as she knew he was trying to pretend nothing happened.

Chae ri and Sungjoo continued to walk to the tux shop in silence            , Chae ri was trying to think of something to say but she was stumped.

“How do I talk to him? This was never awkward before…” Chae ri said to herself.

Sungjoo had also been thinking how to talk to Chae ri. “Ugh this is awkward as hell…” Sungjoo says to himself angrily.

“So how have you been?” Chae ri asks hoping to have a conversation with him.

“You want to ask me how I have been.” Sungjoo does not look at Chae ri.

“Yes… I know that may be a stupid question but I really want to know.” Chae ri looks at Sungjoo.

“I don’t want to tell you, just leave it Chae and let’s get this tux shopping over with.” Sungjoo cuts Chae ri off and walks into the shop.

“Great…” Chae ri shakes her head and walks into the store with Sungjoo.

Sungjoo was looking through the racks of tuxes not sure what he liked.

“Do you want to try them on and then I can just see which ones goes well?” Chae ri asks.

Sungjoo nods and grabs a few before heading into the changing rooms. Chae ri sat down on the chair waiting for Sungjoo.

“I cannot get the tie done up.” Sungjoo yells from inside the changing room. “Come out I will do it up. “Chae ri stands up waiting for Sungjoo to walk out.

Sungjoo comes out in a black and white suit, he handed Chae ri the black tie. Chae ri wrapped it around the back of Sungjoo’s neck standing on her tippy toes as she was too short, She then did the knot and made it tighter.

“There, I like this one, it is plain but fits you well, what do you think?” Chae ri looks at Sungjoo.

“I like it, I kinda just want to get one and then leave, this fits well.” Sungjoo looks into the mirror.

“Okay well, you look good in it.” Chae ri smiles and Sungjoo walks into the change rooms not saying a word.

“Sorry…” Chae ri says under her breath and sits back down. Sungjoo sighs as well when he closes the door. “Why are you doing this to me Chae…” Sungjoo says softly so she does not hear him.

Sungjoo came out after and handed Chae ri the tux he was getting and then went to put all the others away, Chae ri walked over to the counter and pulled out her wallet.

“What are you doing?” Sungjoo comes over, “I was going to pay for it, since you are coming with me.” Chae ri says innocently.

“I will, just do not worry.” Sungjoo gives the clerk money and then takes the bag with his tux in it and walks out.

“Ex?” She asks. “Yeah… have a nice day.” Chae ri bows and walks out. Sungjoo was standing there waiting.

“Well thank you for helping me pick out a tux, bye.” Sungjoo starts to walk off.

“Sungjoo… can you walk me home?” Chae ri asks. Sungjoo stopped in his tracks and looked back to Chae ri.

“You can walk home yourself just don’t get into trouble.” Sungjoo says quickly and leaves Chae ri.

“Okay then… see you tomorrow.” Chae ri said as she watches Sungjoo walk around the corner.

Chae ri then turned and walked home thinking about Sungjoo as she walked.