Chapter 13

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

“Tonight is going to be amazing!” Yixuan cheers and holds up his drink.

“Yeah!” Everyone cheers and clings their glasses together. Chae ri hit Sungjoo’s as she smiled at him.

Sungjoo did a small smile and they all sat down after. “So we have about 20 minutes what do we do till then?” Yixuan asks.

“Well the school is like 10 so how about we say our new year’s resolution?” Yibo suggests.

“Perfect, I will start.” Chae ri butts in. Yixuan and the guys all nod.

“My resolution for this year is too be Valedictorian” Chae ri grins.

“Whoa! Such a big resolution, but since you are the smartest I can see you being that.” Yixuan grins.

“Okay now me, my resolution is to graduate with my best friends” Yixuan smiles.

“Mine is too pass English and maths and hopefully get a job.” Yibo speaks up.

“Mine it too graduate and get a job.” Jungkook speaks.

“I will graduate this year and go to a university.” Wenhan smiles.

Everyone claps and cheers. “Yeah Wenhan!” Everyone shouts.

“Mine is too control my anger and graduate.” Sungjoo speaks.

Everyone claps for Sungjoo. “Mine is too also graduate” Seungyoun smiles.

“These resolutions will come true and we will be together forever!” Yixuan grins and holds up his glass.

“To us in our last year.” Yixuan speaks.

“To us.” Everyone says in unison and clinks glasses.

“Now let’s all go to this dance and party!” Yixuan shouts and leaves money for the food as everyone walks out happily to the school.


UNIQ, Jungkook and Chae ri finally arrive at the school. Chae ri had walked with Jungkook.

“Feet sore from those heels yet?” Jungkook chuckles.

“Nope, used to them so I am perfectly fine.” Chae ri grins and skips to Yibo.

Jungkook shakes his head laughing. “That girl is going to go so far.”

Everyone handed their ticket to the student at the door as he greeted them. “Have a great night” He smiles and everyone walks in.

“This looks amazing!” Chae ri smiles and rushes to the dance floor.

Everyone watches and laughs. “This girl.” Yixuan chuckles and follows Chae ri.

The group spent half of the night dancing and laughing since no slow songs had come on. Chae ri had kept her eyes on Sungjoo who was keeping his distance and was with Yibo.

Just When Chae ri was getting into the song it stopped.

“Sorry everyone but now we are going to play a slow song for all those love birds out there.” The DJ grins and a thousand years by Christina Perry came on.

Everyone who was single left the dance floor and sat on the chairs. The group all left except Chae ri, she did not realise the group left so she was standing there awkwardly.

“Are we dancing guys?” Chae ri turns and notices the guys are all sitting down. Her eyes landed on Sungjoo so she quickly walked off on another side of the dancefloor.

“Dude, go dance with her.” Yixuan comes over and places his arm on Sungjoo’s shoulder.

“I am fine, I would rather stand.” Sungjoo moves so Yixuan’s arm is off his shoulder.

“Look at her, she is standing there awkwardly because of what happened today, this night is supposed to be a night of fun and being here as friends.” Yixuan says.

Sungjoo sighs and his eyes look over to Chae ri who is standing there swaying. He really wanted to but his feet would not let him.

Yixuan moved away and sat back down. Sungjoo unclenched his fists and left his spot walking over to Chae ri.

“Good job dude.” Yixuan smiles and the other watch as Sungjoo makes his way to Chae ri.


Chae ri had been swaying for a quarter of the song when she saw Sungjoo walk over. Her heart started to race and she felt her face go red.

She looked up and met Sungjoo’s eyes. “Yes?” She asks.

“I feel like because of today… would you like to dance?” Sungjoo asks.

Chae ri smiles and nods, she grabbed Sungjoo’s hand which was held out for her. Sungjoo walked to a spot on the dance floor. Sungjoo placed his hands around the lower back of Chae ri as she placed her arms on his shoulder blades.

The two started to sway to the song, Chae ri and Sungjoo’s eyes stayed connected the whole time.

“I missed this…” Sungjoo says. “I missed this as well.” Chae ri smiles softly and she watches as Sungjoo moves closer to her.

Chae ri knew what Sungjoo was doing so she moves closer as well and felt Sungjoo’s lips on hers.

The guys all awed at the sight. “I missed the old them.” Yibo pouts. “She is always so happy with him.” Jungkook smiles.

Chae ri and Sungjoo continued to dance to the song until it finished, they had stopped kissing and Chae was leaning her head against his chest.

The song finally finished and everyone moved away and another pop song came on.

Chae ri and Sungjoo walked back to the group. “You two are adorable.” Yixuan grins.

“Be quiet you.” Sungjoo laughs. Chae ri laughed as well, she missed this sort of Sungjoo.

“Ugh she still thinks she can be with him” Chae ri could hear the familiar voices of the girls from her homeroom.

“Not again…” Chae ri sighs and she sees the two girls walk past glaring.

Chae ri hoped Sungjoo had not heard the girls but she knew the girls would probably want him too. She made sure to watch as the girls walked away.

“What wrong?” Sungjoo comes up and takes Chae ri’s hand. “nothing, just watching the people.” Chae ri laughs and takes her hand away from Sungjoo’s and goes to sit down.

Sungjoo stands there confused but walks away to get some food. Chae ri kept her eyes glued on Sungjoo the whole time. “Please let them not talk to him….”