Chapter 1

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

It had been a year since Chae ri left to go to America and now she was back. This time Chae ri was not so nerdy… this time she had a whole new different look, she was less nerdy and more girly.

Chae ri breathed in the fresh Korean air as she steps out of the Korean airport. “It feels good to be back.” Chae ri giggles to herself. She also had butterflies to see Sungjoo and UNIQ again. “I wonder how they have been… it has been so long… I hope they forgive me.” Chae ri sighs to herself and hear’s a familiar voice call her name.

Chae ri looks up and sees Jungkook smiling at her from across the path. “JUNGKOOK!” Chae ri smiles and makes her way over to him trying to not run on the road. When she reaches him she quickly embraces him in a hug.

“I MISSED YOU KOOKIE!” Chae ri hugs Jungkook tightly. “Me too Chae… I missed you a lot!” Jungkook lifts Chae ri up spinning her around.

Jungkook then puts Chae ri down. “You look so different… but it looks great, new style, no glasses.” Jungkook smiles.

“I felt like I needed a change, I still have my glasses with me, just if these contacts annoy me, how have you been?” Chae ri asks smiling.

“I have been busy now, got a job, and well uh am now a part of UNIQ’s gang.” Jungkook chuckles and ruffles his hair.

“R-really? Wow that is good, I am glad they have made friends with you.” Chae ri grins widely happy that her friends and her brother are not at each other’s throats.

“And Sungjoo?” Chae ri looks up at Jungkook. “How is he? Does he miss me?” Chae ri says excitedly.

Jungkook looks at Chae ri trying not to show much emotion. “He misses you…” Jungkook lies. He couldn’t tell his sister that Sungjoo completely turned cold and hates Chae ri now because of what she did… he had to lie to her for now at least.

“Oooh I missed him too!” Chae ri claps and smiles widely. “We should go see them.” Chae ri looks at Jungkook.

“Uh maybe not right now, we need to go home and you should rest for a bit, would have been a long flight.” Jungkook hopes Chae ri will agree.

“Okay yeah, I am a bit tired, we can see them after then, gives me time to hopefully think of words to say, like apologies and all that for being away for a year.” Chae ri nods and walks off with Jungkook wondering what the others have been up too.


Jungkook would glance over to Chae ri from time to time as he drove, he hated the lying but he could not bring himself to disappoint her… she only just got out and if he told her she would freak out and god knows what would have happened.

“You keep staring at me Kookie what’s wrong?” Chae ri turns to Jungkook curiously.

Jungkook gulped and looked to Chae ri. “I missed you is all, do not worry.” Jungkook lies and looks back to the road.

The road home was silent, Jungkook kept thinking on ways on how to tell Chae ri about all that has happened while she was away, he did not want to see her upset and think what she did ruined her whole life with Sungjoo, it would hurt him if she ever knew but Jungkook knew he had to tell her soon.

Jungkook finally arrived at home parking the car outside the closed garage door. “Well home sweet home” Jungkook grins and hops out grabbing Chae ri’s luggage.

“Woah it hasn’t changed at all, I love it, and my room still the same?” Chae ri asks.

“Of course sis, I could never change it, except I have a present in there for you…” Jungkook says hesitantly.

Chae ri widened her eyes and ran inside except forgetting the door had not been open yet.

“Owww.” Chae ri is now on the floor rubbing her forehead. “that is why I said It so hesitantly because you would do that.” Jungkook shakes his head and walks over to the door unlocking it.

“Now you may run in.” Jungkook chuckles and Chae ri stands up making her way into her room at a fast walking pace.

When she got into her room she saw a box on her bed, it was medium sized so it was something cool, Chae ri walked over not sure what to expect when she turns the box around it is a new laptop.

“Bro!” Chae ri turns around and sees Jungkook leaning on her door smiling. “I thought you would love it.”

Chae ri runs over and jump hugs Jungkook. “It is amazing thank you so much!”

Jungkook hugs back happily. “Well I am glad you are happy… now Chae ri I need to talk to you.” Jungkook places Chae ri down and sits on her bed.

“What someone serious?” Chae ri sits next to her brother worried. “Maybe… I had to lie to you so you did not feel bad but it is eating me inside…”

“What did you lie to me about?” Chae ri tilts her head in confusion. “I… it is about Sungjoo.

Chae ri is now more confused then ever. “Well… when I told you he missed you I lied… about 2 days after you left the guys came over and asked where you were and I told them that you had gone and then after about a month Sungjoo started to drink more and sleep with girls more and now he has become a cold well gangster… I am sorry I could not tell you the truth…” Jungkook sighs.

Chae ri sits there all of Jungkook’s words going through her head. “D-does he hate me?” Char looked up to Jungkook tears in her eyes.

Jungkook couldn’t say anything so he just nodded slowly. This made Chae ri ball her eyes out, Jungkook placed his arms around Chae ri holding her tight.

“This is all my fault…” Chae ri says in between cries. “No… you did what was right for you, it may have not been the best choice but it is not your fault…” Jungkook tries to calm Chae ri down.

After about an hour of comforting Chae ri Jungkook had looked down at his sleeping sister… her cheeks were stained with tears and she was still sniffling in her sleep. He placed a blanket on top of her and walked out slowly.

“I feel bad for telling her now… why am I so stupid.” Jungkook slaps his forehead and headed to the lounge room where the TV is still from before he left, Jungkook sat in his chair and just stared at the TV.