Chapter Nine

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINE

(Yoona’s POV)

I slept beside Hyoyeon on the bed closest to the wall. She chose the side next to the wall. Kris slept on the bed in the middle. Technically speaking, he slept next to me. Chanyeol and Junmyeon slept on the bed nearest the door.

I woke up in the middle of the night to find Kris’s bed empty. I stood up and checked the two bathrooms in the room. He’s not in either of the two. I put on my coat and went out.

I walked down the beach, hugging myself. It was so cold. I was only wearing a pink night dress and my coat. I walked for about three minutes when I saw a group of people, both guys and girls, swimming. Kris was one of them. He sat by the beach near the water. A girl was splashing water on him. He laughed and playfully splashed water back at her.

Goo Hara.

Without thinking, I walked closer to the group and called Kris.

“Kris!”

He looked to where I was and stood up. The others also stopped what they were doing to watch. Kris walked over to where I was.

“Is she your wife, Kris?” Someone asked.

Kris didn’t answer.

“So, they were right when they said your wife’s lovely.” Another added.

“You’re so lucky, Kris.” A third commented.

“What’s the matter?” Kris asked me.

“I’m not feeling well.” I said.

“I’ll get you medicine.” He said and then turned to his friends. “Excuse me for a while.”

We walked away from the group. When we reached far enough, a girl’s voice called to him.

“Kris!” The girl, Goo Hara, said, running towards us.

Kris stopped. I stopped, too.

“Why are you going all of a sudden?” She asked Kris.

“I’ll just get her medicine. I’ll be back later.” Kris replied.

“I don’t want you to go back.” I said stubbornly.

“What’s wrong with you?” Kris raised his eyebrows, irritated at me.

“Leave her, Kris. She’s just acting sick so she could have you to herself.” Goo Hara chimed in.

“Mind your own business.” I snapped at her.

“Yoona, let’s talk tomorrow morning when I get back, okay?” Kris looked really pissed.

He turned away from me and started walking back to the group. I grabbed his elbow to stop him.

“Let me remind you that we’re married.” I told him softly.

“We’re married in papers. We don’t love each other.” He answered, equally soft.

“I still have the right, as your wife, to tell you that you can’t flirt with other girls.” I argued.

“What would you do if I don’t listen to you?” He challenged.

“I’d leave you alone and I will never mind your business again. And I’m never going back to the old me, who looks after you, follows you around. I’m never going back to the old Yoona who… who loves you.” I said.

We stared at each other for a moment before he walked away from me to Goo Hara.

I watched them walk away, tears slowly flowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter