Chapter Twenty-two

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

(Joohyun’s POV)

It’s been a week since Kris was admitted in the hospital. His condition was worsening but we already found a heart donor who still remained anonymous.

I was at the hospital guarding Kris. Chanyeol said he had to go somewhere important. I didn’t want him to go. I need him to stay with me. He was my strength. But I had to let him go, of course. It would be selfish if I didn’t, though I’m sure he doesn’t want to leave me, too.

Recently, I know Chanyeol and I were sharing something mutual. We don’t talk about it but we were both aware that there is something special. We fight less; he cares for me, now. We had always disagreed with each other but it had changed. We seemed to be thinking as one now. I thought about giving my heart to Chanyeol. I was falling for him already but I’m still in a state of confusion; and it’s all Luhan’s fault.

Every time I see him, I know that my feelings for him hadn’t left. I know that I still find myself drawn to him. I didn’t know if it was just me or Luhan had become lonelier lately. I sometimes catch him watching me. I think I always see pain in his eyes as he looks at me. I didn’t know if I was just imagining things or he really did love me, his byeol.

The door to Kris’s hospital room suddenly opened, breaking my train of thoughts. Yoona emerged. Luhan was behind her, carrying a basket of fruits on one hand and two grocery bags on the other. I stood up when they entered.

“Is he awake?” Yoona asked, motioning to Kris.

“No. But we had to wake him for lunch.” I said, looking at Kris’s sleeping figure.

Yoona walked over to Kris. I moved aside to give her way.

“Kris.” She gently shook him. “Wake up. We brought you healthy lunch. Wake up and let’s eat together.”

Kris stirred.

“Baby cousin! Yoona’s here already. You better wake up now.” I said loudly.

Kris slowly opened his eyes. He blinked and smiled when he saw Yoona. Yoona smiled back and kissed his forehead.

OMO! They are so sweet.

“I brought us lunch.” Yoona told him and turned away to get the food from Luhan.

“I helped Luhan cook these. It would be…” Yoona trailed off and gaped at me.

“Waeyo?” I asked her.

“Why are you crying?” She asked me.

I reached my fingers to my eyes and, sure enough, they were a little wet.

“Oh. Sorry. I was just touched.” I wiped my eyes.

“Pabo.” Yoona shook her head at me, smiling.

Luhan gave her the food; fruits and lunch.

“Did you bring lunch for me, too?” I sweet-talked Yoona.

“Of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter