Chapter Seven

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVEN

(Yoona’s POV)

Joohyun and I both couldn’t sleep. We decided to watch TV and eat corn at the living room.

“How was your day, anyway?” She asked me.

“Fine.” I shrugged.

“Tell me more!”

“Should I?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She stopped munching her corn and focused on me.

“You might accuse me of adultery again.” I joked.

“What did you do?” She faked anger.

I laughed. “Today had turned out well. I just learned that there’s somebody who has this great crush on me that he hates Kris so much.”

“And who is that?!”

“His name is Kai Kim. He and his best friend are my classmates in three of my subjects and I was with him twice today.”

“I want to meet this Kai guy.”

“I don’t want to tell you this, but he’s super hot! I swear! Your mouth will water if you saw him. Even his friend is gorgeous!”

“Show him to me at school. Why the hell would he hate Kris?”

“The two of them sat with Hyoyeon and me in every class we had together and he even helped me with the lectures.”

“Yah! Don’t tell me you like him!”

“Okay, I wouldn’t tell you. I’d keep it to myself.”

“Yah!!!”

“Calm down!” I laughed.

“You like my cousin more, right?”

“Of course! I’ve been crushing on him ever since middle school! I’m loyal to him. Just promise me one thing.”

“What’s that?”

“Continue liking my brother even after you meet Kai Kim, ok?”

“What?!”

“Hey, Yoona. Have you seen my wallet?” Luhan suddenly appeared in front of us. He must have heard us.

“Oops…” I can’t help adding.

“H-have you seen his wallet, Yoona?” Joohyun repeated Luhan’s question, reminding me to answer him before I could say anything more.

“I haven’t!” I answered quickly. “Try checking the car!”

“Okay.” Luhan shrugged.

I knew he heard us. As usual, he ignored it again.

“Yoona!” Joohyun complained when he was gone.

“Hyoyeon was right. We must be careful. Now Luhan himself overheard us; just as she had predicted this morning.”

“Hyoyeon warned you and you didn’t listen!”

“Uh, Joohyun… I-” I thought of something to divert her attention. I caught sight of her corn. “You should eat more corn. Aren’t they tasty?”

“You’re right!” Joohyun suddenly remembered the corn.

The telephone rang, making Joohyun and me jump in surprise. We both laughed at our own stupidity as I picked up the receiver.

“Yoboseyo?” I answered.

“Is Kris in?” A girl’s voice from the other line responded, not bothering to return my greeting.

“Ye.” I replied.

“Could I talk to him? Tell him it’s Goo Hara.” The girl said.

“Okay, please wait for a while. I’ll fetch him.” I said.

“Who is it?” Joohyun asked me.

“It’s a girl called Goo Hara.” I told her.

“Who does she want? Kris?” She asked, her eyes widening.

I nodded in reply.

She gasped as she grabbed the receiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter