Chapter Six

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX

(Joohyun’s POV)

First day of school. I’m suddenly nervous. I quickly took a bath and dressed for school. I grabbed my things and went down for breakfast.

It was still early; only Yoona was already at the dining room.

“Hey.” I greeted her.

“You’re early.” She smiled at me.

“You’re TOO early.” I returned.

The maid came in and set the table for us. We each had pancakes (coupled with chocolate syrup) and a hot chocolate drink. Yoona and I sat facing each other.

“Eat well, ladies.” The maid told us before going away.

“Kamsahamnida.” We replied.

Yoona took a drink from her hot chocolate. I noticed her hands were shaking.

“You seem nervous.” I commented.

“Ye. It’s my first day in school since the accident.” She answered.

“You’re not alone. I feel nervous, too.”

“I don’t remember anyone.”

“I don’t know anyone.”

She laughed edgily. “I’ll ask my brother to look after you. You’re on the same bloc, anyway.”

I tensed at her statement. I may have saved Luhan when we were younger, he may be waiting for me now, but he still looks pretty reserved and I don’t think he’ll like the idea.

If I tell him I was the girl who dived after him 6 years ago, then it’ll be my advantage. But it’s much nicer if he figures out himself. Where’s my pride ‘til then? I’d appear desperate.

“Never mind. I’ll survive. I don’t wanna bother him.” I told Yoona.

“Are you sure?” She teased me.

“Hey!” I complained.

She laughed heartily, her anxiety disappearing.

“You two seemed to be getting along really well.” Kris said as he entered the dining room.

“Yes, of course!” I said proudly. “She’s my cousin-in-law after all.”

“I want to be your SISTER-in-law.” Yoona said.

“Sister-in-law as in since Joohyun’s like my sister already or because you like her for your brother?” Kris asked Yoona.

“Both.” She answered.

“Yoona!” I widened my eyes at her.

“Yah! My baby cousin is hiding something from me.” Kris looked at me.

I opened my mouth to say something but I spotted Luhan coming so I closed it again.

“Annyeong haseyo.” He greeted.

“You’re just in time, Luhan.” Kris smiled and patted his shoulders.

I wanted to kick Kris.

“Gong-ahjumma! Could you come over for a while? Luhan and I are starving.” Kris called the head maid as he pulled a chair beside me.

I thought he’d sit there but he crossed over to Yoona, pulled another chair beside her, and sat.

“You should sit now Luhan.” Kris casually told Luhan, motioning to the chair beside me, as if it was nothing.

“Gomawo, Kris.” Luhan replied and sat beside me as if it’s the most normal thing to do.

Doesn’t he have any feelings?

We ate in silence. It was a little awkward but it was better than when Kris started talking again.

“Hey, Luhan, would you be kind to assist Joohyun in school? You’re on the same bloc anyway.” He said.

I flinched.

Luhan looked up from his food to Kris.

“Sure.” He answered shortly.

“Gomawo. Now I don’t have to check on her at all times. You’d take care of her, right?” Kris said.

“Okay.” Luhan shrugged.

I narrowed my eyes at Kris. He stared back at me innocently.

I sighed.

“I’m not a child, Kris.” I said loudly. “I could take care of myself. You don’t need to worry.”

“I’m not worried about you. I’m worried about the people who’d get in your way.” He returned.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Yoona asked.

“Joohyun keeps getting into a fight most of the time.” Kris explained.

“There’s a reason for everything, Kris.” I told him. “Like when you married Yoona. There’s big reason for that. It’s called destiny.”

Although I was talking about Luhan and me, that our paths crossed again because his sister married my cousin, I can’t help but laugh at Kris and Yoona’s sour expressions.

 

I rode with Kris on the way to school, while Yoona went with Luhan. We met on the school parking lot.

“Hyoyeon’s at the library. I still know how to get there if the school hadn’t changed that much.” Yoona told us.

“It hadn’t.” Luhan replied.

“No problem, then. Kris could usher me to my room.” I said.

“Why should I bother? You and Luhan are bloc mates.” Kris protested.

“Kris’s right. I’ll get us to our room.” Luhan told me before turning to Kris. “Kris, would you be kind to bring Yoona to the library, then? Just to be safe.”

“That should be automatic; even without the brother-in-law’s favor since you’re her husband. You’d be noted irresponsible if something happened to Yoona.” I began my revenge on Kris.

“I-I’d be fine. I still remember the way.” Yoona said.

“No, I’ll take you there.” Kris decided, eyeing me sternly.

We mutually agreed that the war has just begun.

“See you later.” I bid the two good-bye.

Luhan and I watched them go.

“You lead the way.” I awkwardly told Luhan when the couple disappeared.

Without a word, he started walking. I followed close behind.

Students whispered and looked as we passed by. I spotted some girls eyeing me from head to toe. Looks like Luhan’s quite a heartthrob here. Luhan ignored them, though.

Just like how he ignores me, or almost everyone, for that matter.

“Hey, Im Luhan! You’ve got a lovely girlfriend there! Is she new here?” A guy from a group goaded Luhan as we passed by them.

Luhan ignored them and kept walking.

I glared at them.

“Here’s the room.” Luhan said as he entered the room.

I followed.

The students were currently watching one fat guy, whose shirt was stained with chocolate, shouting at a short, dark-haired girl. Luhan passed by them without even looking at them.

“I got this shirt from California and this is very expensive! Can you replace this?!” The fat guy was shouting.

The girl opened to respond but her soft voice was drowned by the guy’s shouts.

“Of course you can’t, you silly girl!” The guy shouted. “From now on, you’ll be my personal servant. You’ll run errands not only for me but for my friends, as well. Arrasseo?!”

“Y-ye… Mianhae.” The girl stammered;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter