Chapter Five

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

(Yoona’s POV)

“So, what’s the problem with you and Kris?” Joohyun asked me.

Joohyun, Hyoyeon and I were sitting at the garden, drinking juice. To have a girls’ talk, we separated from the boys when Minseok arrived.

“You know it’s forced marriage, right?” Hyoyeon answered for me.

“But Kris said he’s getting along well with Yoona.” ― Joohyun

“Joohyun, ‘getting along well’ does not mean they like each other.” ― Hyoyeon

“What do you mean?” ― Joohyun

“Kris’s ‘getting along well’ means they won’t mind each other’s business. They’ll live together as husband and wife only in papers but they could date whoever they want.” Hyoyeon explained.

“WHAT?!” Joohyun gaped at me, eyes wide. “That’s not right! You’re husband and wife. You cannot date other people! That’s adultery. Don’t you like my cousin? You’ll soon learn to love him, I swear.”

Hyoyeon and I looked at each other.

“Should we tell her?” She asked me.

“I guess so.” I shrugged.

“What’s that?” Joohyun asked, confused.

“Joohyun, I… I like Kris for more than 6 years now. He’s been my crush ever since middle school. But the thing is he doesn’t like me. Plus, I guess you heard about my amnesia? Well, it just made things awkward.”

“YIEEEE~!!!” Joohyun squealed. “I knew it!!! I said I knew it! Oh my gosh, Yoona! Don’t you worry, girl! You’ve got me!”

“Why are you squealing like a pig?” Chanyeol taunted Joohyun, as he approached.

He, along with Kris and a guy I don’t know, came to us.

“Kim Junmyeon! Is that you? You haven’t grown!” Joohyun said, ignoring Chanyeol’s taunts.

Kim Junmyeon, a short black-haired, skinny (and handsome, I must add) guy, frowned at her.

“I came here when they said you visited Seoul and left my work just to see you and this is how you repay it?” Junmyeon faked being hurt.

“She’s that heartless, hyung.” Chanyeol told him as he sat on an empty chair beside Joohyun.

“I was just saying what I have noticed of you.” Joohyun defended, still ignoring Chanyeol.

“Hey, Yoona, you still remember him?” Hyoyeon asked suddenly.

I shook my head.

“Ouch.” Junmyeon said.

“She lost 6 years of her memory. You met her only 2 years ago. Pabo!” Joohyun told Junmyeon.

“SO!” Hyoyeon said upon seeing Chanyeol opening his mouth, stopping whatever Chanyeol was about to comment against Joohyun. “Yoona, this is Kim Junmyeon. He’s our cousin and he had just finished engineering last year.”

“He’s a friend, too. He occasionally joins our group’s bonding.” Kris said.

“I’ve been busy with my work that’s why I wasn’t able to visit you at the hospital.” Junm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter