Chapter Twenty

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY

(Yoona’s POV)

This is it…

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. I took in the familiar surroundings. The lovely beige, two-story house, the silver metal gate, the huge garage, the flourished garden, the pool, and the most spectacular of all, the vast floor-to-ceiling window separating the first floor from the backyard.

I didn’t tell Joohyun or Hyoyeon that it was really my plan to visit here today. I was about to tell them when Joohyun called Minseok and asked if she could take a ride with us because Chanyeol said he had to go somewhere important and he couldn’t bring her home. Minseok also said Luhan had asked him to bring me home because he’s having a date with Chorong. What the heck!

“I’ll serve snacks before you go. And guys, you need to see Kris.” Joohyun told us and excused herself.

Five minutes later, a maid arrived with four sandwiches, a pitcher of red tea (Joohyun’s favorite), and four empty glasses. We thanked the maid before she turned to go.

We heard the gate opening and a car coming in.

“Who could that be?” Tayeon asked.

“Maybe it’s Chanyeol.” Minseok guessed.

They both stared at me. I just shrugged.

Before we could find out who it was, Joohyun came running down the stairs.

“Ahjumma, where’s Kris?” She asked the maid who was cleaning the furniture at the side of the stairs. “He’s not in his room.”

The maid looked at her with a sad expression.

“Ahjumma, tell me what’s happening! I have the right to know!” Joohyun was panicking.

Her face turned red and her eyes filled with tears.

I stood up, panicked.

What’s happening?

“Where is he? I don’t understand!” My voice wobbled in nervousness.

The door opened. We all looked. I was hoping it was Kris.

“Chanyeol!” Joohyun blurted.

My heart fell. I tensed.

“Where’s Kris?” Joohyun demanded as she approached him.

“Joohyun, I came here to fetch you.” Chanyeol told her, his face serious and nervous.

“What happened to Kris? Where are we going?” Joohyun asked.

“At the hospital; he needs us.” Chanyeol looked straight into Joohyun’s eyes.

Joohyun was surprised. She fell silent. Chanyeol turned to us, his back on Joohyun.

“He needs all of us.” He looked straight at me.

I can’t move or speak. I felt blood rising to my head.

 

We reached the hospital in no time. Hyoyeon and I rode with Minseok. Joohyun and Chanyeol, who went ahead of us, were there already. They were talking to a doctor when we approached. The doctor smiled sadly at me when he saw me.

“I’ll give you an update soon.” He told Joohyun and excused himself.

Joohyun sat weakly on one of the benches on the corridor.

“Where’s Kris?” I asked, afraid to hear the answer.

“He’s inside.” Chanyeol pointed at the room behind me. I looked back at it and then turned to Chanyeol.

“What exactly is wrong?” I asked.

“Did his asthma reach its again?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Asthma? Kris has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter