Chapter Four

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR

(Yoona’s POV)

I didn’t find Kris on his bed when I woke up the next morning. I checked the time. 5:05 am.

Why is he up so early?

I slowly took a bath and got dressed. I was done by 5:45.

It’s still too early.

I decided to go down for breakfast. As I came close to the dining room, I could already hear Chanyeol’s voice. I assumed Hyoyeon must already be here, too.

Why are these guys so early?

“Annyeong haseyo.” I greeted them as I entered the area.

Hyoyeon, Chanyeol, Kris, and Luhan were there already.

“Annyeong.” Hyoyeon smiled at me as she pulled an empty chair beside her.

I sat down on that chair.

“Hey, Yoona.” Chanyeol greeted me.

“Hi, Chanyeol. Why are you two so early today?” I asked Chanyeol and Hyoyeon.

“Kris’s bratty cousin is coming home from Los Angeles today.” Chanyeol frowned.

“Don’t listen to him.” Hyoyeon told me. “Joohyunnie’s a nice girl. She’s Kris’s favorite cousin. Right, Kris? She’s really close to Kris because she’s also an only child like him. We’re friends, actually. I live at Kris’s house whenever Joohyun and her parents visit Seoul. Year 2008 was the last time she visited Seoul.”

“It’s been a long time already.” Kris added.

“And a great one, too.” Chanyeol said sarcastically.

“Oh, c’mon Chanyeol! Joohyun’s my cousin! You can’t talk about her like that.” Kris retorted.

“Well, she talks about me like I was the worst devil that ever lived!” Chanyeol pointed out.

“Are you not?” Hyoyeon muttered.

Chanyeol glared at his sister but Hyoyeon pretended not to see.

“Don’t listen to Chanyeol.” Hyoyeon advised me. “You’d get along well with Joohyun. You should be friends with her. She’s your cousin-in-law, after all. Not to mention you’ve married her favorite cousin, which makes you more like a sister-in-law to her.”

“She must be really close to you, guys.” I remarked.

“She’s an only child like me. So among our cousins, we are the closest because everyone has their own sibling except for the two of us. So, yes, she’s really close to us.” Kris explained.

“Not to me.” Chanyeol excluded himself.

“You seem so bitter towards her, Chanyeol. I wonder why…” I raised my eyebrows at him.

He frowned at me.

“Maybe you like her and she dumped you. That’s why you’re acting like this.” I continued.

“MWO~?! MWORAGO?!” Chanyeol cried exaggeratedly. “Aigoo, Aigoo! Over my dead body!”

“Hey, Yoona! You’re a genius. Now I know why Chanyeol acted negatively when Kris told us Joohyun’s transferring here in Seoul to study.” ― Hyoyeon

“Of course not! She’s not my type. Too bratty. Always whining and nagging.” Chanyeol said disgustedly.

“The more you hate, the more you love.” Kris said.

“I don’t hate her. I DESPISE her.” Chanyeol corrected.

“Then that makes you love her more.” Luhan chimed in, speaking for the first time.

“Oh, hi there, Luhan! I didn’t realize you’re there.” Hyoyeon .

“Now you’re being mean to me just because my friend’s not here.” Luhan returned.

“Ahaha!” Chanyeol laughed at Hyoyeon. “You’re dead when Minseok joins us.” He threatened his sister.

“Yeah, whatever, Chan-JOO!” Hyoyeon teased.

“Ya, right, Hyo-MIN.” Chanyeol returned.

“Seriously, Hyoyeon. Do you like Minseok?” I asked Hyoyeon.

“YOU should know that.” Luhan pointed out.

I realized with guilt that he was right, me being Hyoyeon’s best fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter