Chapter Thirteen

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

(Joohyun’s POV)

The next day at school, I had lunch with Chorong. I didn’t have the heart to join Yoona and Hyoyeon. They were with Kai, Sehun, Luhan, and Minseok.

“Why didn’t you like to join Minseok and Luhan when Minseok asked you to? Aren’t you close to Im Yoona and Park Hyoyeon?” Chorong asked me over lunch.

“There’s a little problem…” I answered her.

“With you and Luhan?” Chorong guessed.

“No!” I told her.

“Oh, I thought you and Luhan were-” Chorong began.

“Chorong, there’s nothing between Luhan and me.” I cut her. “Why are you even thinking about that?”

 “So, you wouldn’t mind if I had a little crush on him?” She asked me tentatively.

“Of course! As long as you don’t mind that he’s waiting for someone else.” I said as I looked back to the first day we met at the river.

“What do you mean?” She asked me.

“Well, it’s just that, Luhan is still waiting for his lost star, the girl who saved him from drowning six years ago. He said it was suicide but the girl saved him and told him that if he has problems, he must release them to the stars in the sky that would surely listen to him and wouldn’t blame him.” I narrated before I could stop myself.

Aish! I got carried away! Otteokke???

Chorong stared at me in surprise, as if trying to figure out where I got those things.

“So, anyway, if you like him, you must work hard. Do whatever you have to do as long as you know he’s all worth it.” I changed the topic.

“It’s just a little crush, you know.” Chorong blushed.

We continued eating in silence when Chanyeol and Kris appeared.

“Yah! Why aren’t you eating lunch with Luhan and Minseok?” Chanyeol asked Chorong and me as he and Kris each pulled a chair and sat with us.

“You mean, why am I not with Yoona?” I got them.

They were both silent and looked at each other.

“Have you talked to her already?” I asked Kris.

“No.” He answered.

“Why not? Are you afraid?” I asked.

“Kai Kim and Oh Sehun are with them.” Chanyeol answered when Kris kept quiet.

“Those two are always with them every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.” I pointed out. “They all go to class together.”

“It’s awkward, you know.” Kris said.

“You still worry about that thing?” I raised my eyebrows at Kris.

“W-well…” He stammered.

“They’re here.” Chorong whispered.

I looked to the entrance of the canteen. Luhan, Minseok, Yoona, Hyoyeon, Kai, and Sehun were entering.

Kris stood up automatically. Chanyeol nudged him.

“D-do you mind sitting with us, Yoona?” He asked Yoona as the group passed by us.

Kai and Sehun, being polite, didn’t stop; instead, they went to the counter and minded their own business.

Luhan acted as if nothing happened and went to sit at a nearby table, fiddling with his cell phone.

Hyoyeon and Minseok stopped as Yoona did.

Yoona stared at Kris for a moment; her face was blank. Kris looked back at her, eyes looking anguished.

After a while, Yoona sighed and walked to where Luhan sat without saying a word to Kris, even to me.

Hyoyeon and I looked at each other. I pouted; she shrugged. Minseok gently pulled her by her wrist and ushered her to where Luhan and Yoona were.

“Don’t be discouraged, Kris. Keep trying. Remember, you can’t blame her; this was your own doing.” I reminded Kris.

“Kris would not give up!” Chanyeol confidently said, loud enough for Yoona and the others to hear. “That’s not part of his vocabulary.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter