Chapter Three

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE

(Yoona’s POV)

Going “back to normal” was not easy. I felt guilty for my “best friend”, Park Hyoyeon, because she knows almost everything about me while I don’t know her. Hyoyeon, with short, blonde hair that go well with her amber eyes and who was as skinny as me, was a family friend of the Wu’s. Her elder brother, Park Chanyeol, was Kris’s friend and forever classmate. They were both college sophomores taking Business course of the same bloc. Hyoyeon and I were both taking Political Science as a pre-Law course; while Luhan was taking BS Physics as a pre-Med course.

Hyoyeon always visited me at the hospital when she had the time. She also lectured me on the lessons I missed in school. When we’re not studying, she tells me about people and events in school so it would be a little easier for me to adjust. Today, she’s trying to calm me because I’m getting really nervous. I was to check out of the hospital in the evening. I’m getting nervous because I’m supposed to go home at the house I’m sharing with Kris, my husband. As it turned out, our families had bought a house as a wedding gift. We’ve been living together under the same roof and sleeping in the same room on the same bed. I tried talking my parents into letting me live at our family house for even just a week or two but they wouldn’t budge. Instead, they made Luhan live with us for a while which made him really cross but he agreed because he had some issues with my dad. So Hyoyeon tried to assure me that everything would be fine, though she really was not that convincing.

“Yoona, what are you so worried about? Kris’s your husband! It’s normal for married couples to live in the same house, sleep on the same bed, and have lots of babies.” She said.

“WHAT?!” I asked, disgusted.

“Huh? Have I said something wrong?”

“You’ve said something gross!”

“What’s gross about having babies? It’s normal.”

“Stop it, Hyoyeon! You’re making me throw up.”

“That’s a sign of pregnancy.”

“Stop!!!” I cried, covering my ears.

Hyoyeon laughed hysterically.

“Yoona, get ready. It’s almost time to go.” Luhan entered the room with a guy. The guy looked strangely like a dumpling, with puffy cheeks and cute eyes without double eyelids.

Hyoyeon grew mysteriously silent when they came in. In fact, she was blushing.

“Does he look familiar to you?” Luhan asked me, referring to his friend.

I shook my head.

“That hurts. You forget fast.” The guy joked and smiled at me, flashing a hamster-like smile. “I’m your brother’s best friend. Choneun Kim Minseok imnida.”

“Annyeong.” I smiled at him. “Mianhae, I can’t remember you. I feel so bad I can’t even remember my own best friend.” I added and looked at Hyoyeon.

“Ah, Hyoyeon? I feel bad for you, Hyoyeon.” He winked at her.

Hyoyeon blushed even more.

I smell something fishy.

“You two better get up now. The car’s ready.” Luhan told Hyoyeon and me.

We followed silently. Hyoyeon did because she’s shy around Minseok. I was silent because I felt suddenly nervous again.

 

We reached the house in no time. It was a lovely beige, two-story house with a silver metal gate. It has a wide garage that could accommodate three cars, a well-taken-cared-of garden, and a huge swimming pool located at the backyard. The house and the backyard were separated by a vast, floor-to-ceiling wall, which made it even more spectacular.

“Lovely.” I breathed.

“That’s exactly how you reacted on your first night here.” Luhan said.

We entered the house and found our parents inside. They were sitting in the living room having tea with a woman as old as my parents.

“Yoona, darling! It’s good to see you well again.” The woman, whom I supposed was Kris’s mom, making her my mother-in-law, stood up and kissed me on both cheeks. “I’m very sorry I wasn’t able to visit you at the hospital. I just hoped my son did his part. So, how do you feel now?”

“I feel fine, thank you.” I said and bowed as a sign of respect. “Annyeong hashimnikka.” I greeted all of them. Hyoyeon bowed after me. Luhan went straight to the kitchen as if he saw no one. Minseok bowed and smiled at the adults before going after him.

“Go have dinner. It’s already served in the kitchen. Chanyeol’s there with Kris.” Kris’s mom patted me and went back to where she was previously sitting.

“Komapsumnida, Samyunim.” I said.

“Call me ‘eomma’, would you?” She smiled at me.

“Ye, eommeoni.” I replied.

I glanced at my parents. They nodded at me before Hyoyeon and I followed Luhan and Minseok to the kitchen.

As we neared the dining area, I could hear a guy’s low, boisterous laugh.

“Kris-hyung! You are so EVIL!!!” A guy’s voice said followed by another boisterous laugh.

“That’s Chanyeol, my brother. That’s, normally, how he laughs.” Hyoyeon whispered.

“You’re exactly like him, then.” I commented.

Hyoyeon made a face. I laughed nervously.

“Don’t be nervous.” She said and led the way in.

We entered the dining room and I saw Kris laughing with a boy who must be Park Chanyeol. He has black (with a slight shade of grey) hair with fringes that fully covered his forehead, very fair skin, long legs that contribute a lot to his tall figure, just an inch shorter than Kris.

“Oh, hi there, Yoona. I heard you forgot about me already.” He joked, his voice low, loud, and boist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter