Chapter Twenty-five

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

(Yoona’s POV)

It was Friday after dismissal time and I sat beside Kris on his car. We were following Luhan’s car. My parents invited us to have dinner with them at our family house.

As we pulled into the drive, I saw mom and dad waiting by the front door. Luhan reached them first. I watched as they both hugged him. I feel so happy that recently, Luhan was getting along well with our parents. They argue less often. My father even gave advices to Luhan as he courted Joohyun.

Kris opened the door for me. I went before him and kissed my parents. They hugged Kris.

“Welcome to our humble home, son.” My dad greeted him.

“Kamsahamnida, appeuji.” Kris bowed to them.

We all proceeded to the dining room. The table was laid with all kinds of delicious Korean foods.

“So, Luhan. How is it going?” My mother asked Luhan.

“No achievements, yet, eomma.” Luhan laughed.

“Not true.” Kris told Luhan. “Joohyun seems really happy recently. She looks in love.”

“Jinjja?” Luhan asked him, unable to hide his smile.

“Jeongmal.” Kris replied.

“Yoona, hadn’t Joohyun told you anything?” My father asked me.

“No. She’s not telling me anything. I tried asking her but she only smiled teasingly at me, as if she has no plans of telling me.” I shrugged.

“She’s not telling me, either. If we really want to know about these things, we should ask Chanyeol, which I already tried once.” Kris said.

“What did Chanyeol say?” I asked.

“He wouldn’t tell me. He even scolded me for having bad manners telling me that I shouldn’t do that to a younger sister, which Joohyun was, more or less. He said Joohyun would feel awkward if she learned that I was sticking my nose on her love life.” Kris said.

“What’s wrong with Chanyeol?” I wondered.

“What about Hyoyeon?” Mom asked.

“She knows nothing. She even asked Minseok about it. Apparently, Joohyun seemed to be hiding it from her, too.” Luhan answered.

“This is hard, son.” My dad shook his head at Luhan. “I was a lady’s man back then and this never happened to me.”

Mom slapped dad’s nape.

“This arrogant man, really…” Mom said.

We all laughed.

“Excuse me, sir.” The maid suddenly came to my father. “You have a visitor.”

“Nugu?” My dad asked.

“Mollayo. It’s a woman, though.” The maid answered.

“Bring her here and ask the other maids to prepare a plate for her.” My father said.

The maid did as she was told.

After a few minutes, a woman who looks like she’s in her late thirty’s came to us.

“Nuguseyo?” My father asked her.

“Annyeong haseyo, Sajangnim.” The woman bowed to him. “Choneun Lu Xijun imnida. I was your maid twenty years ago. I left this place three months after giving birth to my baby.”

My parents paled when she said this.

“I set out and worked hard so I could finish my studies. I am now a successful doctor.” The woman continued. “I came here to see my child, Zhenjin.”

“FOR WHAT?!” My father bellowed as he stood up from his chair. “YOU LEFT HIM TO US! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COME BACK HERE!”

“Yeobo, calm down.” My m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter