Chapter Seventeen

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

(Joohyun’s POV)

Chanyeol ushered me to the field near the river. It’s a 3-minute walk from the river to the field. We sat on a huge rock overlooking the field. He had his arms around me for comfort as he waited for me to stop crying.

“Mianhae.” I sniffed and wiped my tears.

“Gwenjanha. Cry all you want. No need to be sorry.”

“I don’t wanna cry anymore.”

We were silent for a while.

“What did halmeoni tell you?” I asked him, breaking the silence.

He sighed. Tears formed in his eyes.

“Chanyeol… you could tell me what happened.” I whispered.

“Halmeoni… seems to be saying goodbye already.” He answered, tears flowing down his face.

“Mwo?!” I was surprised. “Is she sick?”

“No. But she’s getting older and weaker. I don’t want her to leave. I love her so much. She can’t leave me.” Chanyeol cried all the more.

“Chanyeol…” was all I could say.

I felt so selfish. I ran to him and he comforted me because I was crying over a guy. I didn’t know that his heart was broken to pieces. Yes, my heart was broken, too; but it’s not as serious as his. He was losing his grandmother forever while there was really nothing between Luhan and me. I felt guilty.

Chanyeol loves his grandmother so much. I know very well how much he loves her. He was very close to her. He was her favorite grandson. I don’t know what will happen to Chanyeol if Grandma would leave.

I hugged Chanyeol tightly. He cried on me. I prayed to God for Grandma’s protection.

Lord, please don’t take her away from him, yet. Please let him be with her for a while. He’s not ready. I don’t want to see him hurting like this. It breaks my heart…

Wait. “It breaks my heart”??? Where did I get that? It breaks my heart to see Chanyeol hurting? Is it because I’m not only starting to like him but I’m also falling in…

No! Of course not! Chanyeol’s my friend, even if we fight a lot of times. And I love Jinah-halmeoni, too. Of course my heart would break if she leaves.

But then I felt Chanyeol’s presence. We were hugging each other and it felt so nice. It made me feel happy. It calmed my broken heart. It mended my broken heart. And I completely forgot what happened earlier. I completely forgot about Luhan …

You and I together it just feels so right…

 

Hyoyeon and Minseok arrived after lunch. Grandma wants to see Hyoyeon and her boyfriend but she didn’t tell Hyoyeon about her condition yet. Hyoyeon was asking why Grandma can’t leave her room but Grandma won’t tell the truth. She just said she was having colds, that’s all.

Chanyeol, Minseok, Hyoyeon, and I decided to take a walk by the field.

“So, Joohyunnie, why’d you tag along with Chanyeol here?” Hyoyeon asked me.

“I just miss the place and Jinah-halmeoni.” I shrugged.

“Good thing you brought her here, Chanyeol-ah. Didn’t she fight with you again?” Minseok asked Chanyeol.

“She would wage war on me if I don’t bring her.” Chanyeol answered.

I pouted at him. Hyoyeon gaped at me.

“Wae?” I asked her.

“Are yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter