Chapter Ten

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TEN

(Joohyun’s POV)

I woke up the next morning to find Luhan cooking in the kitchen. It was still 5:00 in the morning; I wondered why he was up so early.

“Why are you cooking? Aren’t the maids up yet?” I asked him as I entered the kitchen.

“They’re awake already. But I told them I’m cooking breakfast today.” He answered.

“Why?”

“I can’t sleep. So I got up early and did something.”

“I didn’t know you can cook.”

“Can’t you?”

I shook my head.

“Too bad.” He said as he laid the food on the table. “Let’s eat.”

He cooked lasagna and fried chicken.

“This doesn’t look like breakfast.” I remarked.

“I don’t like cooking breakfast dishes. They’re too simple.” He shrugged.

“Oh…” I said and sat down on the chair opposite him.

We ate in silence. I didn’t think he’s fond of talking so I kept quiet and simply ate. He also said nothing. We avoided eye contact and let the awkwardness engulf us, not caring at all.

We were just done eating, presently placing the dishes on the sink when we heard voices in the living room. I went out to see where the noise came from. Luhan followed me.

It was Chanyeol, Junmyeon, and Nicole Jung, Chanyeol’s closest noona and Goo Hara’s best friend. They were laughing and joking around.

“You’re so naughty, Chanyeol-ah.” Nicole said as she slapped Chanyeol’s arm playfully.

I don’t understand why I felt like kicking her face; maybe because I hate seeing girls flirting with guys. It’s disgusting.

“Annyeong haseyo!” Junmyeon greeted Luhan and me, noticing us for the first time.

“Where’s Kris?” I asked, ignoring his greeting. I’m still mad at all of them.

“He’ll be here in a minute. Hara rode with him. He was supposed to bring her home but she insisted on dropping by to see you. You know how fond she is of you.” Junmyeon answered.

I rolled my eyes. Goo Hara was “fond” of me just because she knew how much I meant to Kris.

“You shouldn’t have permitted Kris to bring Hara with him; especially since only the two of them are riding the car. You know very well that they have a past; what would people say when they found out those two were left alone together knowing that Kris is married?” I scolded them.

“People know it was arranged marriage.” Nicole shrugged.

I frowned at her.

I don’t like the tone of this b*tch. It’s getting on my nerves.

“Nicole, arranged or not, they’re still legally married. It’s still not nice.” I told her.

The main door opened and Kris came in with Goo Hara.

I glared at them.

“Joohyunnie! It’s so nice to see you again, baby cousin! I’m sorry I haven’t seen you last night.” Hara said as she gave me a hug.

“Since when did you start calling me ‘baby cousin’? I believe only Kris does that.” I asked her coldly.

Her smile faltered but she held them in place and looked at Kris for help.

“L-let’s go eat! I’m starving!” Chanyeol said attempting to change the topic.

“Hadn’t Leeteuk-oppa fed you at his party?” I asked Chanyeol coldly.

“Oh, c’mon, pig! We wouldn’t eat a lot.” Chanyeol taunted me.

Unfortunately, I’m not in the mood for his jokes so I kicked his knee.

“Ow!!!” He bent down and touched his knee.

“You’re starting agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter