Chapter Eight

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

(Joohyun’s POV)

We arrived at the beach on Saturday night. It was packed with many people, most of whom I didn’t recognize.

Hyoyeon, Yoona, Kris, Chanyeol, and I sat on one of the table sets with eight chairs, leaving three empty seats.

“Where’s Kim Junmyeon? I thought he’s coming?” I asked Hyoyeon.

“I’m right here!” Junmyeon said, appearing in our group.

He sat on the empty chair beside Chanyeol.

“Missed me already, Joohyun?” He teased.

“No. I was just wondering why you’re late on your cousin’s party.” I brushed him off.

“Let’s go find Leeteuk-hyung. He said he’s gonna introduce to us his friend from China.” Chanyeol said.

“You go on. I’ll wait for you here.” I told them.

I really don’t want to be here. If it weren’t for Yoona, I won’t be here.

“I’ll stay with Joohyun.” Yoona volunteered.

“Alright.” Kris said. “Let’s go.” He invited the other three.

Chanyeol, Junmyeon, and Kris stood to leave.

“Hyoyeon, aren’t you coming?” Junmyeon asked Hyoyeon who hadn’t moved from her seat.

“No, thank you. I’ll stay.” She said shortly, looking sulky.

The boys shrugged and went off.

“What’s the matter, Hyoyeon? You look remorseful.” I asked Hyoyeon when the boys were gone.

“Yeah, I noticed that, too, since we met at our house. Even when Minseok was there; you seem sulky.” Yoona added.

“Don’t mention his name to me.” Hyoyeon told Yoona.

“Whose name? Minseok’s?” I asked.

“I said don’t mention it.” Hyoyeon repeated firmly.

“Why? What happened?” Yoona asked.

Hyoyeon sighed.

“Unknown to you, guys, I gathered up all my courage and began sending Minseok some messages.” She started.

Yoona and I stared at her, waiting for her to continue.

“This morning, I sent him a little message asking him what if I told him…” Hyoyeon paused for a while, and I think I saw gloom in her eyes.

Yoona and I moved closer to her, eager to hear more.

“…if I told him I like him.” Hyoyeon said in a soft voice.

“What did he say?” I prompted.

“He never replied.” Hyoyeon answered.

“What did you do next?” Yoona asked.

“Later this afternoon, I told him, through text messages, that I was insulted when he hadn’t returned my messages. I told him, it would be a lot better if he’ll just tell me directly that he doesn’t like me.” Hyoyeon narrated.

“He hadn’t replied again?” I guessed.

“He did.” Hyoyeon shook her head, her eyes flooding with tears. “He said he already knew a long time ago that I like him. He said he has no time for those kinds of things that’s why he kept ignoring me. He said he was sorry.”

“OMO!” I covered my mouth with my hand.

I can’t believe Minseok’s just like Luhan, too.

“So Minseok’s just like my brother.” Yoona said, voicing out what I have just been thinking.

Hyoyeon sniffed and dried her tears.

“Gwenjana! I’m gonna move on tonight.” She said and smiled confidently at us.

Yoona and I looked at each other and shrugged.

“Yoona, I want you to meet Park Leeteuk, my cousin.” Chanyeol said as he, Junmyeon, Kris, and Leeteuk came to us.

“Leeteuk-oppa! Nice to see you again.” I stood up and gave Leeteuk a kiss on the cheeks.

“Hey, Leeteuk.” Hyoyeon greeted, giving him a kiss on his other cheek.

“So, you are Kris’s wife?” Leeteuk asked Yoona when Hyoyeon and I sat back down.

“Im Yoona imnida.” Yoona introduced herself.

“Kris’s eomma and Joohyun’s appa’s family, the Seo’s, are my family’s friends. That makes you a family friend, too. And since the Seo’s and Park’s treat each other like family, welcome to the family, Yoona!” Leeteuk told Yoona.

“And as for you, Joohyun, it’s good to see you again! Pogo shippeo, dongsaeng!” Leeteuk turned to me and hugged me.

“You’re so sweet, oppa. I wish your stupid cousin,” I paused and eyed Chanyeol. “would be more like you.” I told Leeteuk, feeling sincerely touched.

“Yah! You better be careful, Joohyun. You might eat all your words now and end up marrying Chanyeol.” Leeteuk warned me.

“Over my dead body!” I reacted automatically.

“Leeteuk! Don’t say bad words.” Chanyeol said.

Suddenly, a very fair, and handsome guy approached Leeteuk.

“Leeteuk-hyung! I’ve been wondering where you’ve gone to.” He said.

“Ah ye! Mianhae, Lay. My family friend dragged me here to meet his wife.” Leeteuk told him.

“I didn’t drag you here!” Kris sounded defensive.

No one paid attention to him.

“Anyway, I’ve been meaning to introduce to you my only cousin who’s left single.” Leeteuk told the handsome guy. “Lay, meet Park Hyoyeon.” Minseok touched Hyoyeon’s shoulder.

“Annyeong haseyo! Nice meeting you.” Hyoyeon greeted him.

“By the way, Hyoyeon, this is Lay Zhang. He’s my friend from Chansha, China who wants to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter