FINAL

Byul (Star)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

(Joohyun’s POV)

At twenty six, I was considered a young doctor. It had been years since I last saw Luhan. He promised me he would come back but he never did. It was hard for me to move on but I did. I studied hard to achieve my career. Yoona and Hyoyeon are both lawyers now. Kris is now the new CEO of their fashion company. Chanyeol is his business partner, acting as the brand’s fashion designer. They named the brand “Byeol” because it was the name Luhan had suggested prior to his disappearance. Minseok is also a doctor now. He had just married Hyoyeon last month. Yoona is now three months pregnant with Kris’s first baby; while I was still loveless.

“Joohyun-ah! What are you doing? Are you not supposed to be ready by now?” Minseok entered my office without knocking.

“Waeyo?” I asked him.

“The new CEO is coming today remember?” Minseok shook his head disapprovingly at me.

“Eo… mianhae. I forgot.” I muttered.

“Get yourself together. We will meet at the lobby. The new CEO will arrive in a few minutes.” He said and went out of the room, leaving me to myself.

How could I forget this day?

The hospital I was working at was sold to a rich and young doctor and he was supposed to transfer today.

I pulled myself together and went down to the lobby. My fellow doctors, along with the nurses, midwives, OB Gynes and all other hospital staffs, were already there. Everybody was anticipating the arrival of the new CEO.

After a few minutes, a black limo came into view. A young man wearing a white suit, white ripped jeans, white sneakers, and black shades, emerged. He didn’t look like a CEO to me, more like a K-pop idol. We all watched as he entered the building. He continued walking and paused in front of us all.

This guy… he looks very familiar…

Slowly, and coolly, he removed his shades.

I gasped. I blinked a few times but I was not seeing things. I couldn’t breathe.

He talked for two minutes but I wasn’t able to follow what he was saying. After his short speech, he bowed to us. The others bowed to him but I remained motionless.

He whispered something to the head doctor before walking towards the elevator. He smirked when he passed by me but he didn’t look at me. I gaped at him.

When the elevator doors finally closed, I was able to think. I quickly scanned the lobby for Minseok but I can’t find him.

“Doctor Seo!” The head doctor approached me.

I bowed to her.

“The CEO wants to talk to you. He wants to see you at the office now.” She told me.

“N-now?” I asked nervously.

“Ne. Don’t keep him waiting. Go now.”

“Arasseo.” I said and she was gone.

I scanned the lobby one more time but I really couldn’t find Minseok. Instead of taking the lift, I used the stairs to reach the fourth floor where the Office of the President was located to kill time and remove my nervousness. I got there after five minutes but I was still shaking.

I stood outside the office for twenty minutes before the door opened and a lady in her late twenty’s came out.

“Annyeong haseyo.” She bowed to me. “I am the CEO’s secretary. He’s waiting for you inside.”

A young and y assistant… what the…?

The secretary ushered me inside. The young CEO was looking out the glass window, his back on us. The golden plate on his desk read “LU HAN, CEO”.

“She’s here, Sajangnim.” The secretary said.

The CEO raised his hand. The secretary bowed before leaving us alone.

Luhan turned around to face me. He stared at me for a long time, as if assessing what has become of me. At that moment, I felt my heart break. He was gone for a long time. He promised he’ll come back. And now that he did, it seemed that his heart had suddenly changed.

Has he met somebody else? Did he forget about me?

“Luhan…” I tried to smile.

He raised his hand and pointed at the plate on his desk.

“I am now called Luhan-Sajangnim by everyone else. CEO.” He told me as he sat on his chair.

He rested his elbow on his desk, clasped his fingers together, and rested his chin over them while he studied me.

“Why did you call for me, Sajangnim?” I asked him.

“I just wanted to say hi.” He shrugged.

“Annyeong haseyo, Sajangnim.” I bowed to him. “Welcome back.”

He chuckled, amused at my gesture.

“Do you still need something?” I asked him, feeling insulted.

“No.”

“May I leave now?”

He only stared at me.

“Do you want me to call Minseok?” I tried again.

He shook his head. “No need. He’s already outside waiting for you to come out so he could see me.”

“Then, shall I go now?” I asked again.

He nodded. “Sure.”

I bowed to him again. “Komapsumnida, Sajangnim.”

I turned around and felt hot tears forming in my eyes. I hurriedly walked to the door before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter