Chapter 20 -

Bitter & Sweet

Hoseok was busy practicing inside the dance studio at Big Hit with the rest of the members and after a while of dancing, they finally took a break; Hoseok picked up his phone and checked to see whether he had miss calls or messages, noticing that he had a bunch of miss calls from his high school friend that moved away from Korea due to personal reasons but she kept in touch with Hoseok and a few more friends of hers, Hoseok raised his right eye brow wondering what does Kang Hye Won want. Hoseok excused himself and went out of the dance studio to return her call. 

"Hello?" 

"Hoseok ah!"

"Hye Won, why did you call? Did something happen?" 

"Nope! I'm just calling to tell you that I'm back in Korea~" 

"W-what?!" 

"Yeah! But I'm just visiting..." 

"For how long? Let's meet up soon!" 

"Only three weeks.." 

"Oh.. Hye Won ah, I have to go. I'll call you back soon" 

Hoseok said when he heard his name being called, asking him to come back into the dance studio since the break was over; he finally went back into the studio and lightly threw his phone aside, joining the boys to practice again. While he was practicing in the dance studio, you were at Starship spending time with your fake boyfriend; not that he knew about it - he was distracted by the thought of you being with Changkyun from Monsta X. 'How can she not tell me that she was dating him? I even told her that I had a girlfriend, jesus' he thought to himself, resulting to moving slower than usual when dancing the dance routine that Mr Son gave hours ago. "Yah, Jung Hoseok!" Mr Son shouted, loud enough to bring Hoseok back into reality, "h-huh? Oh, I'm sorry" He bowed, sighing at the same time. "Is everything okay? You seem extremely distracted today" Mr Son questioned Hoseok but he insisted that he was perfectly fine, 'Damn it, (Y/N) this is your fault... I'm always thinking about your sorry ' Hoseok thought again but he was now focused on dancing instead of you. 

After hours and hours of practicing, they were finally done with dance practice and it was already evening when they left Big Hit and they were on their way back to the dorms. "Three weeks is up, I expect an explanation from (Y/N)" Yoongi said, sighing when he entered the dorm. '...Three weeks?' Hoseok said in his mind, gradually making him curious about what Yoongi had said, Hoseok quickly went to where Yoongi was -- his room. "Hyung, what do you mean by three weeks?" Hoseok asked, standing by Yoongi's door. "To answer your question, I don't know the answer. We'll have to wait for (Y/N) to tell us everything after this third week is over" Yoongi said, sighing once more. Hoseok only nodded, convinced that Yoongi doesn't know anything. He then went back into his own room, looking at his phone hoping that you would drop a message or a call but you didn't which made him feel disappointed and sad but then Hye Won came into his mind, only to remember that he said he'll call her back which was hours ago. Hoseok then dialled her number on the phone, calling her. 

"Hye Won ah" 

"Hoseok ah! Finally, you called" 

"Were you waiting this whole time? Sorry, I was busy" 

"Well, maybe.. But at least you called! How's life going for you?" 

"It's going well... What about yours? How was life in another country?" 

"Canada is amazing but I miss Korea and at least, I'm back in Korea now" 

"Yeah but only for three weeks" 

"True enough. Yah Jung Hoseok, we need to meet up like asap" 

"I know, soon alright? My schedule's chaotic right now" 

"Life of an idol" 

"Are you mocking me right now Kang Hye Won?" 

"Whoops? It's late, I'm heading off to bed first. Goodnight Hoseok" 

Hoseok heard the call ended then went towards the bathroom to wash up and do whatever guys would do in the bathroom before heading off to bed, after whatever he did, he changed into his pajamas and went back into his room; he placed his phone at the side - leaving it to charge overnight and he drifted off to sleep peacefully. While the boys were peacefully asleep, you just got home from dinner with Monsta X; you wondered whether the boys already got home safely but you couldn't bother checking their dorm because you felt tired yourself, you dragged yourself into your bedroom to place your bag then dragged yourself again to the front door to check whether it was properly locked and after checking, you slowly went into your bathroom to wash up and finally, you head off to bed with your phone charging beside your pillow. You sighed in relief knowing that three weeks of hardship on trying to pretend to be Changkyun's girlfriend was finally over, you fell asleep with a smile on your face. 

The sunlight was beaming through your window like it always do everyday, you woke up naturally and just laid in your bed, being lazy and you had nothing to do at all since you had nothing planned on your schedule while you were being lazy on your bed, your phone vibrated. You grabbed your phone that was resting by your side and looked at the message that was sent by Yoongi. 

Yoongi: (Y/N)! I've been waiting for three weeks. 

You stared at the message, dumbfounded at how he actually waited for three weeks to be over, you let out a small and soft laugh at how serious he had been waiting. 

You: Were you seriously waiting for three weeks to be over? 

Yoongi: Of course!! Our schedule was cleared up today so we have the day off. 

Yoongi: We're coming into your house in 30 minutes so you better be ready! 

You: Yes sir... 

You quickly got out of bed and placed your phone on your desk, you then took your fresh set of clothes and went into the bathroom to take a warm shower. After you were done, it almost took you 30 minutes to be done, you changed and went out to the living room with your laptop by your side. You waited for the boys to come over, you surfed the web out of boredom until you heard your doorbell rang; revealing that six boys were standing outside your house, waiting for you to open the door. 

You opened the door, letting them in and your house became crowded in less an a second. "(Y/N)! You have some explaining to do.. right now" you heard Yoongi's voice from the living room, you sighed and locked the front door; realizing that Hoseok wasn't with them. You wondered where did the little boy go, you sighed once more, being a bit sad at the fact that he wasn't with the boys. "I thought there would be seven of you here" you said, sitting yourself down beside Jin, "Hoseok went to meet his friend" Jin said, he made it sound like he was informing you with what was Hoseok is doing, 'friend? The friend that Yoongi mentioned?' you thought to yourself and leaning back, staring at your ceiling. 

While you were staring at your ceiling, you got lost in your thoughts but you were once brought back into reality when Yoongi started calling out for you, "yah... (Y/N)" you looked at him, realizing that he's already impatient for an explaination and finally, you started explaining everything which left them speechless. "I thought it was real...." Jimin said, staring at the carpet with Jungkook agreeing with what he said, "you guys looked cute though..." Jimin said, trying to sound like he was disappointed that it was all an act that made the media go away. You scanned their faces one by one, only noticing that Jin had a relieved look on his face but you didn't want to question him about how he felt; you then changed the subject from your fake relationship to food, "so.... is anyone hungry?" you stood up, clapping your hands together, letting them know that you were going to order food soon. 

You were with BTS the whole day and while you were happily talking to them again, you catched up with what they were doing for the past few days; Hoseok on the other hand, was on his way to finally meet his friend after years of not meeting. Hoseok waited in front of the mall entrance, he saw a familiar girl with now long hair coming towards him. "Yahhhh, Kang Hye Won! You changed a lot" he said, giving her a friendly hug. "Really? I thought I still looked the same" she giggled, covering with her hand. They ended up walking around the mall, window shopping and just talking like how people would do if they ever met up with their friend from high school, "Hoseok ah" Hye Won said, while walking out of the mall with Hoseok by her side, "yes?" Hoseok asked, looking at her knowing that she had a question to ask, "do you have a girlfriend?" she asked, Hoseok wasn't shocked by the sudden question, he already knew that the relationship question was going to pop up sooner or later, "I broke up a few months ago but... I'm starting to like this girl, I mean, I like this girl but I don't know whether she feels the same way" Hoseok said, thinking about you and sighing after that. Hye Jin's face lightened up, probably thinking that it was her, "ah.. Don't mind me if I ask.. What happened to your previous girlfriend?" she asked, leaving Hoseok to explain what happened, how he met you and in order to protect the secret of this arranged marriage, he never said anything about being your fiance. 

He ended up spending the whole day with Hye Won, talking about the old days and how they were during high school; he also remembered that he had a performance at Music Bank tomorrow and before leaving Hye Won, he invited her to come and witness his performance and not forgetting that she gets to finally meet you. They bid their goodbyes and went their separate ways, Hoseok finally comes back to the dorm -- revealing that it was empty because the boys literally spent their whole entire day with you god knows doing what. Hoseok rang the door bell hoping that you would open the door but the one who opened the door was Jin instead, "hyung!" he said, trying to sound surprised by Jin's sudden appearance. "Oh, Hoseok ah. I thought you were the delivery man, come in. Everyone is here" Jin said, letting Hoseok step in the house. You turned to look at who was coming in, it was only the little boy but his appearance made your lips curve into a small smile that no one noticed, 'why am I smiling? I don't like him... maybe I do' your smile faded away only to leave you thinking again. 

------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello!! It's Z here! I'm terribly sorry that this chapter is extremely short :( But congrats to BTS for having their 3rd win for RUN! I'm so proud of them, I'm speechless because I love them so much. Just a warning, I'm multifandom af HAHAHA gulity is charged. I'm going to disappear now, this chapter tbh.. took me at least 4 hours to complete because I was completely distracted (I'm being honest) and writer's block is coming back ;-; Anyways, just to tell you -- A's Jungkook fic is be coming soon so please anticipate it! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter too though it's short :( I'm still sorry about that ;-; ANDDDDD, it's already 7AM so I'm heading off to bed~ 

Twitter - 

@svngjoes - A

@yohwanmon - Z