Chapter 17 -

Bitter & Sweet

Turns out it was Hoseok knocking on your door without warning again, 'aish.. what does he want?' you ruffled your hair, sighing. You slowly opened the door, revealing a tired Hoseok still trying to knock on your door. "What do you want Hoseok?" you sighed, staring into his almost closed eyes. "Yah... Jung Hoseok.." you said, causing him to open his eyes widely and he's finally fully awake. "Oh? (Y/N) ah~ Can I come in?" Hoseok said, yawning while rubbing his eyes at the same time. You let the poor boy in, trying to figure out on what he exactly want from you. He turned to look at you which made you stop walking to stare at him instead, "(Y/N)" he said, "what?" you replied, keeping your cool. "I.. don't have anything to do tomorrow... Do you want to go out with me?" he asked, feeling a bit embarrassed yet scratching his own head, you just stared blankly at him, trying to take in what he just said. 'Go.. out? With him?' you thought to yourself. "What.. for?" you asked, curious on why he wants to go out with you instead of the boys, "Pay back? I guess.." he said. You took a step closer to him, still feeling a bit confused on the sudden of you going out with him, "Pay back?" you asked, slowly folding your arms. "Yeah... remember that time where I left you in that restaurant?" he replied, all of a sudden he tried to not make eye contact with you, he felt embarrassed asking you out -- not like it was a date or anything. You thought about it for a few seconds but you still agreed to go out with him anyway, he didn't bother getting back into the dorm so he slept in your guest room.. again, you disappeared into your own room and fell asleep immediately you felt comfortable in your bed, hugging the extra pillow you had by your side. 

The sunlight was shining brightly through your curtains, cold wind was blowing through your window which made you shiver but wake up as well. You slowly got up, rubbed your eyes and stretched for a bit before heading to the bathroom to take a warm shower. After that nice warm shower, you changed into your new fresh set of clothes then proceeded to check on Hoseok in the guest room, you slowly opened the door to find an empty guest bedroom but with a neatly made bed. 'Where did that boy go?' you thought to yourself while walking to the kitchen to find Hoseok preparing breakfast for you and himself, he was already prepared and ready to go but what you didn't know is how nervous he's feeling, he didn't consider it as a date but he was nervous as hell, he didn't know what to do but just act cool in front of you yet he didn't know why he was nervous as well. "You're up early" you said, walking towards the kitchen counter with your laptop in hand, you placed your laptop on the counter and sat on a stool, going through social media and reading your emails. "Good morning to you too missy, at least you don't have to go through the trouble on making breakfast for yourself you know.." he replied but he was too caught up in trying to make you breakfast. 

Breakfast is finally prepared and he placed the plate in front of you then sat beside you, trying to peek on what you were doing in your laptop. "Thank you for the meal" you said and digged into your well made breakfast while trying to sort out your messy emails and whatnot. After breakfast, both you and Hoseok slacked a bit in your apartment, watching the television instead of finding out what the boys were up to. You reached out for the remote to switch off the television, you took out your phone and checked the time, '12:00PM', you went into your room and took your bag along with your things in it then left your laptop on the coffee table instead of bringing it back into your room, "Hoseok ah, isn't it time to go already?" you said, looking at the boy who was seated on your sofa, plainly staring into space. You used your finger to lightly push his head to the side, hoping that it would bring Hoseok back to Earth. "W-what?" he was finally back on Earth, he was staring at you feeling really confused at whatever happened, "let's go?" you said, sighing at how lost he looked. "Oh right.." he said, realizing that it was finally time to go to the place where he didn't enjoyed being in but he still came to please you and make up for his sudden disappearance at the restaurant the other day. 

You were finally entering the amusement park after waiting in line to buy tickets for only a few minutes, you felt really excited and happy. It's been a long time since you last visited the amusement park and yet your love for rollercoasters hasn't died down but Hoseok wasn't fond of rollercoasters though he rode a few last time which made him terrified and his face went pale the last time he rode one. He never thought he was going to ride rollercoasters again but the same reason was still stuck for the time being. Somehow, you were too excited at how scary the rollercoasters look but you weren't afraid of heights, you began jumping around due to your extreme excitement and suddenly hugged Hoseok out of happiness but he didn't mind you hugging him at all. You looked at up, only to realize that you were hugging Hoseok the entire time, "oh ... sorry" you mumbled, letting your hands off his waist and also feeling a little bit embarrassed that your face became to turn red. 

Instead of Hoseok being mad, he laughed it off "it's fine" he said, his lips curving into a sweet smile that made you feel at ease. His smiles and laughter made you feel like you were peaceful but you didn't know why you were feeling this way, 'I don't like him. That's impossible' you thought to yourself, shaking your head refusing to believe that you've developed feelings for him but you didn't know that he was already slowly taking an interest in you. After two hours or more in the amusement park, you practically dragged him around in the park, hoping to ride on everything before heading back to reality. It took you almost 5 hours to try out every ride there is in the amusement park but you didn't feel tired at all but instead, every ride that you went on made you feel more energetic than before you even step foot into the park. 

Hoseok didn't mind being dragged around especially when it was you, he liked your enthusiasm and energy although he was getting a little bit pale from all the rides that he went through with you and yet, he was happy to be spending his day off with you. 'She isn't that bad at all..' he thought to himself, looking at you smiling and jumping around like a little kid. You turned behind to see Hoseok slowing down in his walking speed, thinking that he was probably tired when really, he just wanted to look at you more without having you to notice, "are you tired? We could go and rest" you said, pointing to the empty bench that was just nearby and apparently near a food cart, you quickly sat on the bench with Hoseok following behind you. "Wait here, I'll go get ice cream for the both of us and a bottle of water" you said, hurrying off to the food cart that was just a few meters away from where Hoseok was patiently waiting. After a few minutes, you came back to Hoseok with 2 ice cream in hand and a bottle of water in the other, you gave him the ice cream and finally sat down to rest your legs after all those hours of waiting in line for each ride, you then realized that you've ridden almost every rollercoaster that existed in the park. 

After you had enough of rest, you stood up and dragged Hoseok along with you to the rest of the rides excluding the ferris wheel that you didn't notice until it shined like a diamond in the evening. You pretty much rode all the rollercoasters with Hoseok who was beginning to feel faint from all the accelerations on the rollercoasters but he was only doing this for you, he somehow felt like he needed to protect you but he didn't want you to know his faint feelings for you, it would probably freak you out. By the time you were finished with riding the rollerocasters, the sun was already down and something really bright and pretty caught your eye from a distance, it was the ferris wheel. "Hoseok ah... do you want to go to the ferris wheel before heading home?" you turned behind to ask him, "oh! Pretty!" he said, looking at the ferris wheel, "and yes, let's go" he said, smiling at you. 

You settled yourself inside the cabin within the ferris wheel with Hoseok sititng opposite of you, it was silent at first but you broke the silence when you saw fireworks shooting in the sky. "Hoseok ah, look" you quickly but lightly hit him a few times to get his attention because he was spacing out again and when you finally caught his attention, he turned his head to see fireworks in the sky but instead of letting his attention be on the fireworks, his eyes inverted to the side of your face, admiring on how beautiful you looked and not realizing that he was smiling too much when staring at your side profile. You turned to look at him, only to find him smiling and staring at you at the same time which made you feel embarrassed and you looked away, knowing that your face is going to turn red anytime soon. 

The night ended with both you and Hoseok just going home with so much chattering and laughing about everything and almost random things, you felt happy because you're finally beginning to get closer to Hoseok. When you finally reached your front door, you unlocked it and turned to face Hoseok, "thanks for today, I had fun although you try to keep up with all of the rollercoasters. I appreciate it" you said, smiling. "Thank you too and I'm sorry for the horrible attitude that I gave you all these months ever since I met you" he said, sighing but he gave you back a sweet smile. Only then did you realize that both of you didn't eat dinner at all, "oh! We didn't get the chance to eat dinner, do you want to come in and I'll order chicken?" you suggested and of course, he agreed. You ordered for chicken and waited for it to arrive along with Hoseok who was ready to fall asleep on your sofa but he kept himself awake because he was hungry. 

When the chicken arrived, you rushed to the door and opened it to see the chicken guy carrying 2 medium boxes of chicken for both you and Hoseok to stuff in, you paid him and hurriedly went to where Hoseok was sitting and placed the chicken nicely on the coffee table. Both you and Hoseok digged in and it took about 30 minutes or more to finish the whole box, in between eating, you were talking and laughing at the same time. You finally felt comfortable to do whatever you want around him and once you were done eating, you headed to the kitchen to wash your hands then to your bathroom to wash up and prepare for bed, 'is he going to sleep here again?' you thought to yourself before changing into your pajamas. You walked out to the living room to see the coffee table already cleaned up and Hoseok preparing to leave your house. "I'll see you tomorrow (Y/N), rest well okay" he said, bidding you goodbye. You went into your room and jumped into your bed, feeling so exhausted from everything, you fell asleep peacefully while Hoseok on the other hand, was trying to take in the fact that he officially confirmed his feelings for you and still, he didn't want you to know it yet. 

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hiiiiii all~ It's Z! :) I'm sorry if I took too long to update Chapter 17 ;_; I hope everyone is having a good day/night depends wherever you are! And that reminds me, don't forget that Jin's birthday is literally tomorrow! And I got to say, I'm proud of Bangtan for winning world performer -- I didn't expect them to win something like that but hell, I'm really proud of them!! I will be going now~ I'll see you all soon in the future chapters :) 

PS: I'm (most probably) going to upload a Jin oneshot on this account really soon -- in celebration for his 23(international age) years since birth!! :-) And I'm too lazy to do my shameless promotions ;; 

Edit: A will be posting her jungkook oneshot soon!! Do look forward to it~ throws hearts