Chapter 18 -

Bitter & Sweet

You extended the end of a slightly bright, red gloss and glided it against your lips, puckering them slightly as if to suggest a kiss and place your gloss back into your bag. '12PM', you place your phone back into your bag and headed out. The boys were having a live at some music program again and being absolutely bored at home hence you were out; on your way to the venue. The same happened as the previous music show they were at but just that, they didn't win first place this time; they were third but you were still really proud of them. "Ah, you guys have a fanmeeting later?" you asked, after hearing what jungkook had told you moments ago. "Yes~ Do you want to join us~?" Jimin said, entering the room unpon hearing you ask the others. You stared over at him, "I... would love to but is it really okay?" you asked in concern of them; scared that their fans might be angry about it. Jin giggled, "I'm sure they won't mind! ARMYs are nice people~~" Jin said. You only nodded however still feeling afraid for what would the ARMYs think of you, you hoped that they wouldn't bash you because you're somehow close to them and you were in their special summer edition. 

You then followed them out to the carpark, happily chattering and laughing with them. When they finally reached the side of the van, you stared at them going into the van but not getting into it, "aren't you coming?" Namjoon asked, you somehow managed to space out staring at the floor that managed to look sparkly but you came back to Earth when you heard someone calling out your name. "Yah, (Y/N)" Namjoon said, managing to catch your attention, "h-huh?" you said, appearing really lost like a puppy but you stared at Namjoon. "Are you gonna come in or do you want this horse to drag you into the van?" Yoongi said, "you go on ahead first, I'm going to take my time. It's nearby, right?" you replied, holding onto your phone by your side. "Yeah so, I guess we'll see you later?" Namjoon said, bidding you goodbye. You did the same and started walking towards the cafe nearby the fanmeet venue that you spotted earlier, you thank god that it was near the venue because you didn't want to waste money on cab fare. 

You walked into the cafe, sat yourself down near the window and ordered iced americano. After a few minutes, your coffee arrived and you started to kill time by just sitting in the cafe, looking out at the window and spacing out at the same time. You've been spacing out lately, your thoughts would always end up on the name, Jung Hoseok. You snapped back to reality when you heard your phone ringing on the table, you grabbed hold of your phone and checked the caller ID, it was Jin, realizing that you were supposed to be at the venue by now, you grabbed your americano and bag then answered the phone on your way out. 

"Hell-"

"Yah, (Y/N). Where are you? Aren't you supposed to be here?" 

"I'm already on my way" 

With that being said, you hung up on him and walked faster than a penguin would walk on ice. Finally, when you reached the venue, there were already a lot of fans waiting for the boys to come out. You then tried to walk past the crowd, head down -- going towards backstage but you were quickly stopped when a few fans knew who you were. "It's (Y/N)!" you heard a fan shouting which made you stop walking, screams started but you didn't hear a single threat or insult from them which made you sigh in relief. You then turned to face them, waving and saying hello -- you were surprised to see how the fans adored you instead of hating you but there were a few fans who were disgusted at your sudden appearance yet they couldn't do anything about it, you smiled at how the fans knew you through your mother's clothing line or the summer edition that Bang PDnim released. After a while, you then realized that the boys are still backstage just waiting for your arrival, you bid your goodbyes to the fans and proceeded to go backstage where the boys were having fun by themselves and filming a bangtan bomb but they stopped when you finally made your presence known. 

"(Y/N)! You're finally here" Jin said, pulling you into a hug but Hoseok quickly broke you and Jin apart, you glanced at Hoseok's face which seemed to appear jealous which made you curious on why he was being like that but you didn't want to be nosy into his business. While they were doing their final touches on their makeup, you patiently sat down and waited for them to finish. Once they were done, they prepped themselves up and made their way outside and onto the stage, loud screams could be heard from the backstage -- you smiled at how much love they were receiving from the fans. You then made your way outside, all the way to the back of the audience to watch them from there and while time passes by, you got called out to get on stage, you got confused and lost because why were they calling you when they should call out on one of their fans instead? But you couldn't disappoint them so you walked to the front and made it up on stage, lots of cheers and screams were being projected throughout the whole venue. 

You stood there awkwardly, smiling but you were somehow still confused at what was happening. "Let's do a Q&A, shall we?" Jin grabbed the microphone and said, putting his arm over your shoulder at the same time. The ARMYs were awe-ing at what Jin did but you just let him do whatever he wants because he was one of your close friends ever since you got to know him, they randomly picked a fan in the crowd to ask a question. "This is a question for Jin oppa! Are you and (Y/N).. dating?" she asked, the question shocked the members, your eyes widen at her question and somehow, your face started to get red so you tried to look somewhere else, hoping that no one would notice your red face and thankfully, no one did. Jin got shocked but instead, he laughed it off "nope, we're just friends" his answer made the crowd aw in disappointment but they quickly moved on to the next question. The same thing followed, a random fan would get picked and she gets to ask a question "this question is for (Y/N)! If you get to date one of the members, who would it be?" she asked, shocking you the most. "I-I don't know" you replied, looking everywhere and trying to avoid eye contact with the crowd. 

More questions were popping out and you managed to have fun on stage with the boys especially interacting with the fans. Time passed quickly and the fanmeet was already nearing it's end but by the time they were bidding their goodbyes to the fans, you were already back on the ground among the crowd, you quietly made your way back into the backstage to meet the boys. You waited for a while, sitting down and going through your emails on your phone since you didn't have your laptop with you. "Noona! You're still here?" Jungkook was the first one to come back, he noticed how patient you were waiting on the chair, you looked up to see a smiling Jungkook heading towards you. "Oh, Jungkook ah. Could you tell the rest that I'll go home first?" you said, grabbing your bag while standing up. "Okay noona, we'll see you at home!" Jungkook said, his lips curving into the most adorable smile that you could ever see. You decided to pat his head like he was a little child before leaving, "behave yourself okay" you said, waving. 

You then left the venue and started to walk further away from where the boys were, you weren't planning to go anywhere but you somehow decided that you needed time alone to think about life and whatnot. You noticed a park from a distance and you started walking towards it, breathing in the fresh air and sighing in relief because you were finally alone after a long time. After an hour of spending your time alone in the park, your phone started ringing -- you took out your phone from your back pocket and looked at the caller ID, it was Kihyun from Monsta X, you wondered what he wanted but you picked up his call anyway. 

"(Y/N)!" 

"Yes oppa?" 

"Where are you? Are you alone?" 

"I am... why?" 

"Have you eaten? Do you want join us for dinner?" 

"Speaking of dinner, I haven't ate... and sure" 

"Yay! Meet me at xxx xxx xxx" 

You noted on where to meet Kihyun and hung up, you sighed and breathed in the air -- the smell of nature and fresh grass all around you made you feel refreshed and relaxed, you stood up and grabbed your bag then started walking to the place that he mentioned in the phone call which was surprisingly pretty close to where you currently are. You reached your destination in a matter of a few minutes, you looked at the restaurant's entrance to find Monsta X already there just waiting for your presence. You heard Jooheon shouting your name, making you chuckle at his sudden loud voice, you entered the restaurant with Monsta X and ate an amazing dinner with them, it gave you the chance to finally catch up and wonder what they have been doing while you were busy with your own life -- you had fun talking to them, they were like your brothers that you never had because you're the only child in your family. "Are you still painting nowadays?" Changkyun was curious to see whether you still had the passion for art, "sometimes... I'm always busy nowadays" you sighed at how you were neglecting art, knowing that you loved Art and you became an art major but you quit school because of the arranged marriage that your parents planned, it was sad but you still get to talk to your friends from university. 

After two hours or more, you ended up walking around with them just happily talking, not realizing that it was getting pretty late until you finally decided to check your phone -- noticing that there were a few miss calls and messages from Hoseok. While you were having fun with them, Hoseok on the other hand, wondered where you went because you weren't at home when Hoseok and the boys finally reached back into their dorm, they thought they would be having dinner with you but you were having dinner somewhere else so they had to order takeouts... again. Hoseok reached out for his phone and called you multiple times but your phone was on silent mode and stuck inside your bag so he dropped a few messages and yet you didn't reply. 'Where the hell is that girl? She said she'll be here with us but she isn't' Hoseok thought to himself while pacing around his room, realizing that he knew how to get into your apartment, he quickly went out of the dorm and barged through your front door only to find an empty and dark apartment, he switched on the lights to see a pretty neat but still, empty apartment. He then slowly walked into your art room, curious on how your paintings look like and he noticed a black sketch book sitting peacefully on the desk which had tons of art supplies on it, he picked up your sketch book and went through the pages, mesmerized at how pretty and amazing your sketches were. 

While Hoseok is peeking into your sketch book, you were saying your goodbyes to Monsta X since it's really late and BTS is probably waiting for you, "do you want me to send you home? I mean, it's late and a lady should never go home alone at this hour" Changkyun suggested and you couldn't say no so he accompainied you until your doorstep and when you finally arrived in front of your door, not knowing that Hoseok was inside sitting and waiting patiently for you on your sofa, you thanked Changkyun for sending you home and bid him your goodbye, you unlocked your front door and finally went in, you locked your door and switched off the lights, noticing that your living room lights was on -- you wondered who came in and the only person who knew his way in was none other than Jung Hoseok. 

You walked into the living room and stared at the boy who broke into your house, "yah, Jung Hoseok. What are you doing here?" you said, folding your arms and letting out a sigh, "where have you been?" he asked, demanding for an answer, you sighed once more "I ate dinner with Monsta X" you admitted that you ate dinner with them instead of BTS, "oh, you could've at least told us. We waited for you but you didn't reply my messages or return my calls" he said, you noticed how he was controlling his temper, "sorry" you said. You then made your way into your bedroom, took your pajamas and went into your bathroom to take a short shower, leaving Hoseok all by himself in the living room. After you finished showering and you finally changed into your comfy pajamas, you let your hair dry freely since it somehow dries up really fast and you didn't want to waste your time using a hair dryer, you walked into your kitchen only to find milk with a post it on it on your kitchen counter, you stared at the suspicious milk resting on the kitchen counter and the mysterious looking post it. 

'I didn't poison the milk if you're wondering that way.... Drink up, I'll be in the dorm. Goodnight - Hobi' 

It was the first time that you've seen Hoseok writing his nickname especially to you because he always addressed himself as Hoseok in front of you and because you always called him Jung Hoseok or Hoseok but never his nickname although the boys like to call him that. You smiled at his handwriting and poked a straw into the milk, drinking it and walking around your apartment a few times. By the time your hair finally dried up, your milk was already done and you headed to your bedroom and dunked yourself into bed, drifting off to sleep knowing that you have literally nothing to do the next day. Same thing happens every morning, you wake up to the sunlight thats shining on your face through your curtain every morning, you checking your phone and would always see nothing but emails on your notifications but this time, you saw a message from Changkyun, Monsta X's rapper -- wondering what he sent, you unlocked your phone and checked his message. 

Changkyun: (Y/N), we have a problem. Well, I don't know if this is a problem to you but.. we still have a problem  

------------------------------------

A/N: Hello! It's Z ~ I know that we're seriously very late on the updates but me and A, we're ended up being extremely busy these days especially when we have 4 korean artists coming into our country just for the weekend.... Also, this was suppose to be 'A's chapter but she's slightly sick therefore i'm doing it instead~ >< .... So apparently, the both of us stayed in the airport overnight (just for Monsta X) and we managed to see GOT7 along with SISTAR hours before Monsta X arrived, crazy huh? Anyways, I'm done with the bragging and since I'm not lazy, I'm going to leave my shameless promotions here. Kekeke 

(PS: Check out Secret Love -- a Jin oneshot; it's uploaded on his birthday btw ^^) 

Our twitter; 

@H2JOONS

@svngjoes ☯ A

@yohwanmon ☯ Z