Ground Rules

The Golden Ticket To Willy Wonka's Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I had promised, I ended the continued the chapter. I have already mentioned that I'll be updating weekly and probably on the weekends, I have school and other stuff during workdays. I was only planning on adding another short chapter to the last one, but as you've noticed I decided to merge the two chapters into one long one. The other one was just too short for my liking.

Also don't forget the subtle characteristics of the mains, these will be important to understand the coming chapter

I hope you enjoy the last part of the prequels :D

It was exactly two weeks after Taehyung and Jungkook had decided that the marriage idea was ridiculous and was not going to happen when they met again at school in the council lounge – it being the only place both could speak together in private without anyone eavesdropping on their conversation and starting unnecessary rumors.

And this time it had been Jungkook who had sought out Taehyung. Unlike Jungkook, Taehyung had not ignored the younger’s approach or texts. Fine, maybe he had taken his time to respond back to the texts and when he did he made sure to respond at an inconvenient time; hence it took long until Jungkook saw the short respond from Taehyung, and the younger had to wait longer for the reply, because Taehyung was apparently not one with his phone.

They didn’t exchange many words in their texts; they had a total of four sentences each with Taehyung's sentences being half as long as Jungkook’s. But it had taken them three freaking days to finally get to the point and agree to meet up in there.

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook ran a hand in his hair as he watched Taehyung take a seat around the big mahogany table across from him; he placed his cup of coffee or tea or whatever beverage the liked on the table without acknowledging Jungkook, then proceeded to take a sip from his beverage and closed his eyes savoring the taste and sighed in content.

Jungkook took a deep breath and tried to convince himself that it did not bother him. He did not mind that Taehyung had arrived fifteen minutes late after the agreed time or that he hadn’t had the decency to let Jungkook know about the delay or that he was now sitting across from him looking like he was getting the best of his life.

No, he was definitely not pissed and he did not want to smash something, most likely the older. He needed Taehyung alive and intact for the time being. His fingers picked up a drumming rhythm as he forced his body to remain calm. He did not have time for this . And he was certainly not in the mood for this either.

The freaking wedding was still being pushed forward though they had both disagreed to follow through and he and Ha Na were broken up. He was not sure what got to him more, the wedding, the break-up or Taehyung, but he swore he was ready to break the nearest object to him and since the table was mahogany and it would be painful, his eyes stuck to Taehyung.

Maybe the heavens were on his side or maybe it was not his time to get locked up today, but for some whatever miracle, Taehyung opened his eyes and his gaze fell directly on Jungkook. Something snapped abruptly and both their eyes moved in sync to stare at the now broken wooden paint brush between Jungkook’s thumb and index finger in his left hand.

Jungkook felt how Taehyung’s eyes run from his hand to his face and back to his hand, and he cursed under his breath for losing control. He had forgotten about the brush and had concentrated on maintaining his body from lunging at the older, but he had lost control over his feelings for a split second.

He stuffed the broken brush in his blazer and cursed once more. Damnit! That was his favorite brush, normally it helped him to calm down, but it seemed to have lost its touch. Now, he was definitely pissed and wanted to smash something. His eyes landed on Taehyung again, who had been watching him with a smirk on his face. God! He hated the guy. He felt his blood boil; his hands shake with rage and a headache emerging. He really wanted to hurt Taehyung at that moment.

The said boy tilted his head, his hands fiddling with the lid of his beverage cup. “Jungkook,” He said nonchalantly almost as if he had not arrived late to get himself a freaking drink or if the incident with the brush hadn’t just happened.

“Taehyung,” Jungkook tried to sound as calm as Taehyung had sounded, but he was sure that he failed because he was still taking deep breaths and his voice had sounded strained. He was not claustrophobic, but his blazer was starting to feel too tight and the white shirt underneath it, as well. He felt like he was suffocating and if he didn’t move he was going to snap.

“You wanted to talk about the wedding.” It had not been a question, but Taehyung’s way of telling him to get along with it. He was impatient? What about him who had to wait fifteen freaking minutes while his highness was getting a drink?!

He did not care. He was not mad. Jungkook tried to persuade himself and this might also have been the reason why his anger had increased. But when he spoke, he was surprised that the rage he felt inside was not transpired to his tone.

“I want to ask you for a favor,” he said. He wanted to end the conversation as soon as possible and head home. He wanted to end the whole day and stay the whole weekend lying in his bed doing absolutely nothing.

“Ahh!” Taehyung mused loudly, his mouth slightly ajar. “What kind of favor?” he asked, remembering his drink and taking a sip.

“This marriage, we have to go through with it,” Jungkook spoke.

The minute the words left Jungkook’s mouth, his heart picked up an abnormal rhythm and he felt like someone was poking at his chest. He wanted nothing other than pull at his hair and yell. Where these urges were coming from all at once, he had no idea. He fixed his eyes on Taehyung and waited for older to respond.

 “Okay,” was the short response that came out of other’s mouth.

Whatever Jungkook had expected ‘okay’ had not been the answer. “WHAT?!” he asked, confusion clearly written on his face and voice.

 “You said we have to go through with this marriage and I said ‘okay’,” Taehyung shrugged and took a sip from his drink nonchalantly, missing the way Jungkook’s eyes started twitching rapidly.

The younger was beyond confused. He should be glad, he really should be because then he wouldn’t have to sit here any longer with the fool, but his mind wouldn’t let him. He still wanted to get answers. Last he remembered they had agreed that Taehyung wouldn’t show up on the day of the wedding, but now he had changed his mind. Why?

Did he change his mind just now or had he been planning to actually show up at the wedding and betray him? Was he the only one who had believed that there wasn’t going to be any wedding?

Did his godparents manage to get to Taehyung and convert him to their side? Taehyung had not been on his side, but they had been sitting in the same boat, fighting for the same cause. But the bastard had been planning on throwing him to the sharks. 

Jungkook took a deep breath, closing his eyes, counted to five and opened them again. This time, he was more composed. He found Taehyung staring him, his expression was blank, and Jungkook hated it whenever the older wore that expression. He was mad again and even more pissed. He couldn’t understand how Kim Taehyung was able to make him experience so many different moods within a short period of time. That was mainly the reason why he avoided the older; he was the ing kryptonite in Jungkook’s life a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter