Senpai Notice Me

The Golden Ticket To Willy Wonka's Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, I'll keep this short; this chap is to make up for the expectations you had for the camping trip ;D

 

Part I

 

Droplets of silence filled the kitchen at the Jeon’s house but neither of the two boys were willing to end it. Jungkook continued to read old reports of the company on his tablet and taking notes on the side, while Taehyung read the newspaper. It was just so typical of the older choosing to read the news on paper rather than online.

The younger male had once asked him about it and received one of the elder’s random responds of him wanting to cherish the feeling of a real newspaper.  Apparently he didn't acknowledge the news published online since anyone can do that, “But this Jungkookie, has sweat and blood from hard working people day and night.”

Jungkook had just looked at him unfazed and decided from there on never to never ask the other questions that began with ‘why’; he deemed him not sane. He himself was crazy enough to begin with; he didn't need a second nutcase.

Taehyung finished reading the newspaper and pulled out a page from the middle with a few Sudoku puzzles – he’d always liked the Sudoku puzzles; they were the best part of the newspaper, grabbed a pen that was lying beside his cup on counter without looking up and began fiddling with it as he examined the puzzle before him. When he figured it out, he clicked his tongue, eyes twinkling excitedly and began filling out with that same amount eagerness and passion only until he noticed that Jungkook was staring at him and stopped.

"What, did you miss me that much?" he teased, big innocent doe eyes looking up at the younger boy.

The younger boy scoffed nervously. “You wish.”

Taehyung propped his elbow on the table and balanced his chin on his palm, “Why not? – I’m a fun Hyung.” He seemed honestly offended and Jungkook wanted to kick himself for being a mean, but he couldn’t bring himself to take back his words.

Jungkook had been caught staring once again. This had been happening a few times after the camping trip. Most of the times he managed to look away before the older boy caught him, but at other times it had been his best friend, Jimin who had caught the jet black haired boy staring at Taehyung at the Institute during classes and on campus and he would make fun of him.

Jungkook considered himself to be a good observer, he was good at reading people, but Kim Taehyung was a different story; complicated and nerve-wrecking and no matter how the younger boy tried to understand Taehyung, he couldn’t. Taehyung was a knot Jungkook could not unravel and this got to him more than he’d rather admit.

He didn’t understand how Taehyung could still act normal around him- normal being that the older was much nicer to him after the camping trip. Taehyung would talk to him every now and then and even ask his option on trivial things. It had started gradually when Taehyung had come back from a photo shoot and had gone straight to the Jeon headquarters to pick up Jungkook to go to dinner with the rest of the family at some restaurant his Godmother had been eyeing.

Jungkook had been in the middle of a lesson about the company’s main partners, but ended the lesson immediately after hearing that the elder was in his office, waiting for him.

He didn’t know where the eagerness to see the older had come from nor did he know what would happen after seeing him. Maybe it had been due to the fact that Taehyung had not gone home with the younger after the trip, but had informed Jungkook that he would be spending a few days at his Hyung’s place. Jungkook had not asked him why nor had he asked him how many days he’d spend at his Hyung’s, he hadn’t been disappointed coming back home alone and he certainly hadn’t missed the elder either.

Still, his heart had been racing out of his chest and fingers tingling at the mention of Taehyung seeking him out four days after the trip. If asked right then and there, Jungkook would have said that it had been curiosity and cautiousness that had led him running to his office; he just did not want to give the older boy time to snoop around and that was all, crushing any underlying messages that may have been uncalled for. 

But whatever he had been expecting, it had not been this; Taehyung wearing ripped black pants and a gray turtleneck sweater with a dark red leather jacket that could have belonged to Jungkook, but looked better on the older. His lilac hair was messily styled, giving off the impression of not trying too hard, but Jungkook knew otherwise. His face still beheld a few touches of make-up; heavy eyeliner framing his eyes and a bit of dark eyeshadow to give an edgier gaze to his look and his lips, those usually pink plump lip  now red-ish. Was it from lipstick or the candy in his mouth? – Jungkook didn’t know, but he wanted to find out.

He would be lying if he said that seeing Taehyung standing near the big stained glass windows in his office on the phone, face serene, did not make his breathe hitch for a few seconds. It had been a sight to see; Taehyung was ethereal, the perfect definition of absolute perfection standing there before him, back the sun rays that were piercing through the glass windows into the office.

Jungkook had not missed him at all.

But he had.

His best friend and Hyung, Park Jimin,  had not let him live it down after he caught the younger boy staring, rather intently at Taehyung at every chance he got. He also kept reminding the younger of the night at Seokjin’s welcome-back party; of how drunk he had been, how he had shot down Seokjin’s suggestion to take him back home, how he had almost ended up in a with some of the older male’s label mates and how he had called Kim Taehyung the definition of ‘ on legs’ after his fifth double shots.

Jimin had not taken the younger’s words to mind, he had been drunk himself and the two had ended up playing ‘Kill, Marry, ’ or better say, Jimin had asked Jungkook who he would rather Kill, Marry or out of his old infatuation, his ex-girlfriend and his hubby. Jungkook had been drunk, but not drunk enough to fall for Jimin’s tricks; he had downed his shot and left the older boy in the kitchen without giving him an answer.

“Well , Jungkook, when I asked you that question I didn’t think you’d actually take it that literal,” Jimin snickered, giving the younger boy a smug look.

Jungkook had decided to talk to the older boy and try to get the incident out of his mind. He had refused calling his best friend during the trip, knowing fully well that whatever his short Hyung was gonna’ tell him, would not make his situation any better, but worse. After Taehyung had accused Jungkook of throwing himself at the older; the younger male had been in a dilemma between deciding whether he wanted to actually remember or forget the whole incident.

But his mind had made the decision for him. He had remembered during the car ride back home and he had been somehow glad that Taehyung had decided to spend a few days at his friend’s house, because the younger boy didn’t know how to take in the revelation.

That was why he had called Jimin - he had long refused calling the older ‘Hyung’ for many reasons and Jimin had given up scolding him for the lack of respect- after the uncharacteristic dinner at the restaurant with the Kims and had asked the older to come over and although Jimin complained about being tired at first, he still went over with food in hand.

Jungkook ran a hand in his hair with a sigh, “It’s not like I was planning on doing it.”

Jimin’s grin never left his face. ”But you did…” he said before taking a big bite from his Seafood pizza, eyes watching the younger boy carefully.

“And you regret it…” he prompted the younger to answer to his vague assumption, but not after swallowing the piece and proceeding to shove the other half into his mouth, which he managed, much to Jungkook’s amusement.

The younger nibbled on his bottom lip, scowling. “I don’t know,” looking at his long forgotten piece of pizza in his hand.

“What about Taehyung?” Jimin asked, reaching out for another piece on the table.

“What about him?” Jungkook raised the piece of pizza to his mouth and shoved it all in.

“Considering everything you told me you did, he should have given you the next day, but he didn’t…” the brunette shrugged, reaching out for a piece from Jungkook’s Spicy Bulgogi pizza to create a double stack with his Seafood Island pizza, Jungkook doubted it was any good, but leave it to Jimin to eat odd things.

Jungkook’s face twisted for a fraction remembering Taehyung teasing him the rest of the trip; the lilac boy had made it his goal to remind Jungkook of what he had supposedly said and called him ‘last night’. Taehyung had seemed more… amused than annoyed or disgusted of the younger’s actions.

“He had a blast,” Jungkook muttered through gritted teeth, running his tongue across his teeth to clear away any left overs.

Jimin’s shoulder’s shook up and down as he held back a chuckle, “How could he not; you offered to bl-“ a pillow came crashing at the brunettes head before he could finish his sentence and a high pitched laugh followed right after.

Jungkook’s face was red and the older knew that the younger was fuming with anger and embarrassment.

“Okay…okay, sorry about that. It’s not cool,” the brunette held a hand up in surrender, trying to protect his double stack, when he noticed Jungkook lifting a second pillow to throw at him, but failed to contain his laughter.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and stood up from the couch, laughter rising even louder as the younger exited the room and entered the kitchen. He grabbed two water bottles- one of Taehyung’s, but he didn’t care- and brought them with him back into the living room, where the older was still snickering silently, eyes wet and face red.

The younger settled back into his old position, threw one of the bottles at Jimin, who caught it with ease, considering that he still had half of his double stack in one hand and unscrewed the cup off the bottle and took a swig.

“If it makes you feel better, Taehyung also like guys,” the older informed him, voice muffled by the half piece of pizza he was trying to stuff inside his mouth.

The statement had sent Jungkook chocking on his water and into a coughing fit. “What do you mean?” he had croaked out.

Jimin had shrugged nonchalantly, but the younger could tell that the brunette was seconds away from laughing at him again. He knew that he had looked ridiculous choking on the water and wetting his shirt and pants in the process, but he was not going to let Jimin have the best of him.

Jimin finished chewing and took a long swig from his water bottle, all the while, while the younger waited impatiently for him to go on. “I’m just saying that Kim Taehyung’s indecisive about his ual preference just as much he is about his hair color, but he’s always game on for experiments.”  

Jungkook knew that the elder’s words were supposed to comfort him, but they didn’t. He wasn’t sure what or much more importantly why Jimin had told him this, but Jungkook couldn’t help feel something stir inside him.

“I’m not going to experiment with anyone and certainly not him,” Jungkook replied, harshly than he had intended, but it didn’t seem to affect the other.

“Bummer, it seems like the perfect chance to consider it; you never know, maybe him ‘spending’ a few days at his Hyung’s is a test to see if you will miss him, to give you free space to consider your options. I mean, what could go wrong?”

“Many things could go wrong,” he muttered more to himself, voice low and cautious.

“So you have already considered the possibility,” Jimin smirked at him knowingly.

Jungkook groaned frustrated, throwing the now empty water bottle on the floor, to pick up later. “I haven’t considered . I haven’t thought of and I won’t be thinking of !”

“Except of Kim Taehyung,” the older said unfazed and then grinned when Jungkook gave him a disapproving look. “I’ve seen you stalking him with your eyes on campus; I’m surprised he hasn’t noticed it,” he reached out for another piece of pizza.

“Shut up!” Jungkook had growled, picking up the empty bottle and throwing at the brunette, who ducked and cackled when the bottle fell on the ground behind the couch.

After the dinner at the restaurant, Taehyung had not gone back home with him, but what he did do was talk to Jungkook most of the time during dinner; be it asking him how his food was or if he wanted to taste his soup or how the service reminded Taehyung of another restaurant he frequented with his Hyungs and how the younger had to go there someday because their Dessert Specials were mind-blowing or he could just go with the elder the next time he went with his Hyungs.

And although, the younger had pretended to be irritated, deep down the small child in him had been gloating, though he would never admit this.

Jungkook looked at the other boy’s innocent face, tongue escaping his mouth to run over his lips and he wondered how someone as innocent looking as Kim Taehyung could manage to rile him up to this point.

“No, you're weird as-f," he heard himself answer, voice cut.

Taehyung pouted, but it didn't stop him from retorting back, "Says the guy that doesn't walk past his reflection. Why do you keep checking yourself out in the mirror? Too low self-esteem or no one pays you enough attention that you just can't help it?" he asked and his lips again.

Jungkook’s eyes narrowed; they both knew that neither of the accusations were true, but Taehyung had a niche for poking at him and succeeding most of the time.

"If you looked as good as I do then you'd also be looking at yourself all the time," Jungkook simply replied and went back to his work.

Taehyung looked at the younger before busting out laughing. He was not surprised at younger’s answer.  No, actually he had expected something along those lines, but somehow he was still stunned that the younger male was so into himself that much. He shook his head and went back to his Sudoku, not aware that Jungkook was still staring at him, eyes following that uncontrollable tongue of his.

Part II

“You like him.” Jimin said.

Jungkook tilted his head to look at his friend, shifting his gaze from the couple in front of him. “He’s not as annoying as he looks,” the younger responded, looking at the drink in his hand nonchalantly, then swallowing the rest of the content down and proceeded to refilling his cup with something stronger.

“He looks anything but annoying, but you would know that.” Jimin smirked quirking his brows, but the younger male refused to acknowledge his implication. Jungkook was just about done; he sighed and fought the urge to run a hand in his hair, messing it up all together. He didn’t care how he’d looked after, but he knew that Jimin would scold him for ruining his perfect work and he was not in the mood to listening to the elder’s endless whining voice.

One of Namjoon Hyung’s rapper friends, who Jungkook knew as Suga, had been working on a few songs along with the blonde rapper and the two had just released a mini-album a few days ago, which had received a very positive feedback from the public both domestically and internationally and even ranked high on music charts such as iTunes, Spotify and MTV and apparently one of their songs had been on the Billboard Hot 100 list since the release date and this had called a reason to celebrate.

Jungkook had met Suga only a few times and at every one of those times, the younger had wished that he hadn’t let Jimin coaxed him into visiting Namjoon-Hyung at the studio, where he had been pulling all-nighter’s with his pale co-rapper. While Namjoon was tall and had a deep voice that gave off the impression of him being rowdy at first glance, the tall rapper was the total opposite; he was the personification of serene and rational with a wide range of vocabulary Jungkook wished he possessed.                                                                                           Now, imagine how shocked the younger had been when he’d knocked on the studio door Jimin had pointed out to him and was met with a short, blonde, pale, grumpy looking guy staring daggers at him every time he’d gone over, because he was being a good dongsaeng and making sure that Namjoon-Hyung didn’t starve (Jimin’s words not his).

But the more he’d gone over the more he came to know the grumpy rapper and he learned that Suga-Hyung was not always grumpy, only when he was sleep deprived…which was pretty much all the time, but he also had many other face expressions, like sarcastic smirks and rolling his eyes. Nevertheless, he liked the little rapper- if the said rapper ever heard the younger call him little, then it would be the absolute end of him-, because he was honest and true to his words. The younger also knew that the other rapper liked him, because he’d stopped calling him ‘Kid’ but addressed him by his name.

Surprisingly enough, it had therefore come as a shock to learn that Suga, the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter