The Real Predator And The Prey

The Golden Ticket To Willy Wonka's Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HEY, Guyss!!! This is probably one of the least proof-read chapters so far and I have my reasons^^

But long story short, this chapter is for all ya'll thirsty readers and myself :D 

Don't expect too much!! ;D

PART I

Seokjin couldn’t understand what had happened the night before at his party; he and the younger heir had been on good terms as far as he’d known. When he had run into Jungkook the week before at the hospital the younger boy had been anything but unreceptive towards him. If anything, Jungkook had seemed almost nervous and pleasantly surprised which had encouraged the elder to seek him out. After almost getting involved in a minor car accident on his way from the airport, he’d not expected Jungkook to be the first person he’d run into.

The younger male had changed, that much was clear; he had lost his somewhat chubby cheeks and now spotted a jaw and broad shoulders that could rival with any Greek statue. He’d grown taller and the elder was certain that he was still growing, and he’d build muscles, which the older male had felt while embracing the younger and did it a second time longer, just so to be sure. His brown hair was now raven and Seokjin concluded that he preferred the darker shade on Jungkook’s pale complexion.

He looked mature, too mature for his age, but Seokjin was not complaining. This time, he wouldn’t feel bad if he were to start anything with his old friend, because this time, Jungkook would be old enough to understand and take responsibility for his own decisions.

Of course he was aware of the gap between the two of them; he’d been away for almost two years and had never contacted the younger even once. In those two years, Jungkook had found someone else to replace him with. Jin had caught wind of Jungkook dating Ha Na, a very close friend of Jungkook’s that had disapproved of Jin and the younger’s friendship and had displayed her disagreement in many ways.

He’d also caught wind of their break-up which had surprised him, to say the least when he’d seen them looking like the couple they weren’t. Ha Na’s displeasure seeing him again was enjoyable and Jin might have lingered longer if Jungkook’s silence hadn’t threatened an awkward situation, so the elder had taken it upon himself to save his pride by getting the younger boy’s new number- yes, he’d tried to call Jungkook once, but the number had been unavailable- and rile up Ha Na one last time.

He’d texted the younger boy throughout the week, but had noticed some differences; Jungkook no longer used emojis like before, his sentences were shorter and he almost didn’t respond right away. Jin was not familiar with this situation and maybe his subconscious had caught on, but his ego could not accept it.

To prove that he was still the same Hyung in the younger’s life and that nothing had changed with the way Jungkook perceived him, he’d invited the younger to attend his welcome back party. And no, he’d not thrown the party himself, but it had been an idea from some of his old friends and label mates who had insisted that they celebrate his conquest in theater and musicals. Jin did not think it was a big deal, but he was always down to celebrating himself.

And just like he’d expected, his Dongsaeng had not refused his invitation. What Jin didn’t expect though was for Jungkook to end up being the life of the party. Last he recalled the young heir had not had many friends, yes he’d been known due to his family background, but not many people were acquainted with him. Also, the younger had not been one to frequent parties; he’d been holed up in his house with private tutoring from dawn till twilight. The only events Jungkook attended were private events, ones that were beneficial to the Jeon Corporation, anything else besides that had been a waste of the younger boy’s time.

But watching Jungkook walk out of his bedroom after a quick ‘Thanks for inviting me, Hyung’ and a smirk had had Jin out of his wits the whole night. He could not place a finger on it, but this Jungkook was rubbing him off in all the wrong places. And no, it had not been because of the overly exposure of that sinful sweater or how those pants were leaving nothing to their imagination.

For the first time in his life, Jin had given his attention to something else other than his career. He’d watched Jungkook mingle with the people around him as if he’d been doing this for years. He’d noticed the hungry gazes that were thrown at the younger boy and he’d felt ashamed. Ashamed because he knew that he was also one of those people watching Jungkook like a predator.

But he was different from them; unlike them, Jin actually had a shot with the younger male. After all, he had been Jungkook’s first. With this knowledge, he’d gone off to distract himself someplace else.

Running into Jungkook outside his bedroom door had not surprised him at all; it had been a matter of time until Jungkook went running to him like he’d always done in the past. But what surprised him was the younger male’s disapproval behavior towards his flirting, the old Jungkook would have blushed and grinned stupidly, but Jungkook had been unfazed and had treated Jin like he was some subordinate.

And to make it even worse that Kim Taehyung guy had also been there to witness the whole thing.

He did not understand how and when the two had become so charmie, for what he knew, they could not stand each other. So why were they together again at the Jeon’s house?

"Hyung, what brings you here this early?" Jungkook asked, tilting his head slightly to stare up at the elder male through his dark shades. The younger was sitting in a black minivan, that Jin recognized as one of his label’s company cars, legs hanging outside while he rested his head on the ajar door of the van.

Jin noted that Jungkook’d tone didn’t entail delight to see him, but more of confusion. He should be glad to see me not confused, Jin thought. But then remembered that Kim Taehyung was also there and maybe that might be the reason for the younger’s behavior.

"I promised to sober you up,” the brunette tried to sound nonchalant, a smile on his face.

Jungkook exhaled loudly,"But I told you that I already had plans."

Was that an accusation? "You were drunk; I assumed you didn't mean it," Jin tried to keep his cool.

"I did, and I'm really touched that you thought of me, Hyung, but I rarely have time for pleasantries. It’s best if you could call beforehand and confirm with my schedule," Jungkook told him and Jin had to force his face muscles to stay in place and not deceive him.

Had he heard correctly?

Was he being chastised by the child for arriving unannounced and interrupting?

As if to confirm his questions, Kim Taehyung came out of the house carrying a bag pack and some snacks of some sort. He then turned his back on them to shut the front door and began typing something in the alarm system of the house, seconds later the metal security shutters of the Jeon house rolled down on all the windows and doors.

Jin stared perplexed, something was not right. Kim Taehyung and Jungkook had been spotted many times together over the last few weeks. Their faces and names have been in the media next to each other often than he could remember, but he’d brushed it off as the media just being obsessed with the two heirs and trying to make coincidences look like facts. But this was no coincident; nor was last night when the two boys were wandering to his bedroom or leaving together in the same car. It was also not a coincident finding Kim Taehyung here this morning and him knowing the alarm system of the Jeon’s house.

Taehyung turned back around also in shades, earphones tucked in his ears, "Ready?" he asked the younger boy walking to the car, but stopped when he noticed Jin, bowed curtly and then got into the passenger seat.

Disrespectful punk.

"Road trip?" Jin asked looking back at Jungkook who was now pulling his feet inside the car.

He noticed that he was dressed casually in black sweatpants, a black oversized hoodie, black Timberlands and a red beanie being the only bright color on the boy. Taehyung was also spotting a similar look, except that his outfit was more vibrant in color than the younger’s.

"Camping," was the one syllable answer from the younger, whose hand was now resting on the door handle indicating to the elder male that it was time for him to leave.

Jin cleared his throat to calm himself. He felt his self-resolve slipping away. "Since when did you start hanging out with Kim Taehyung?" he ignored Jungkook’s indication.

Why is he here? What relationship do the two of you have?

As if the younger had read his thoughts, he tilted his head to the side and smirked, "Since when did you care who I hung out with?" he asked.

Jin noted that he had been receiving smirks from Jungkook so far and no genuine smile as if the other had him figured out.

"I thought you didn't like him…?" He suddenly regretted showing up here. He felt like he was third wheeling, but he refused to accept it. He’d never intruded in on anything in his life, never ran after anything or anyone. It had always been the other way around.

"I didn't, but he's kind of… interesting," he grinned at the last words and watched the older’s face shift to a scowl for a split second before another fake smile settled on his face once more.  

"So I'll see you around, Hyung?" Jungkook asked, pulling the door of the van but not completely shutting it yet.

He was not going to leave his Hyung with a cold shoulder; he was just going to show him that he was not going to run after him like in the past, or drop whatever he was doing just because he said so and become his dummy.

It took Jin a moment to respond, probably surprised at the turn of events. This wasn't the Jungkook he remembered; he hadn't been a push over, but he had never stood him up or chosen anything else over the elder.

Jin wasn't so sure what to think of the sore feeling in his guts; it felt like he had lost a role in a play.

"Playing hard, aren't we?" Taehyung commented from the front seat when Jungkook finally shut the door and settled into his seat, reaching for the seatbelt to buckle up.

"Not playing, I am," he responded grabbing one of the big pillows he’d brought with him and adjusting it against the side of the car for his head to rest on.

"That was quite a blow. Are you sure he'll be back?" the older of the two chuckled and Jungkook winced at the loudness. Seokjin’s voice had been gentle and soft and just the right volum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter