Need A Hug

The Golden Ticket To Willy Wonka's Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is the other update that I had promised. The Chapter is probably longer than the others, but cutting it in two parts would have made it too short :D

It's also not proof-read^^

Ps: the chapter is conluded of mainly flashbacks,  but enjoy!!

Jungkook tucked his phone back into his pants pocket annoyed. Ha Na was starting to piss him off with her constant ‘just checking in on you’ since they’d run into Seokjin at the hospital. The girl was now giving him the attention she didn't give him all the while when they'd still been dating.

"Two-faced little b-," he muttered under his breath, running a hand in his hair. He wondered why he had even dated her in the first place. Right, she knew him well, she gave him his space and didn't question him, plus she was one hell of a kisser and was good to keep the other girls away. Ha Na was fun, good for distraction which Jungkook needed in the middle of the chaos going on in his life. She was one of the positive things in his life and under different circumstances; he might have fallen in love with her.

"But she’s still an ," he mouthed getting fired up. If she hadn't cheated, they would have gotten back together on that night; he wouldn't have met with Taehyung and agreed to marry him right away. Maybe he could have managed to convince her on pushing off her internship and staying with him, as selfish as it may sound, but…

"Ugh…that stupid worthless piece of…!" this time he wanted to punch something, feeling very frustrated; because of that jerkass, he ended up marrying the last person he would have imagined and was forced to attend these family dinners (not that he didn't enjoy them at times) and have to put up with Whee In, miss wanna be princess of all people.

"God! I hate that !" he ruffled his hair a few times, trying to calm his racing heart and his body from giving into the pent up anger that was threatening to come onto the surface.

What he wanted at the moment was to crouch down and pull his knees to his chest and sit in a ball. He felt tired, exhausted, worn out and empty. As if somebody had out all of his energy and left him there. He felt his legs weaken, his hands shake and heat fill his eyes. He wanted to shut out the whole world, but he was not going to cry.                                             

There was no way in hell he was crying, he didn't even cry when his mother was admitted to the hospital and realized that without her, Ahjumma and Ha Na he was really alone.

BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT THAT CHEATING ! His subconscious chided at him. This was much more and he knew that.

"I'm fed up; I can't do it, I want to get away," he started pacing back and forth while taking heavy breaths.

The doors onto the veranda opened, "What in the world are you doing out here?" Taehyung's demanding voice came from behind him.

The younger boy halted in his tracks and closed his eyes, his back was facing the older, as took in slow deep breaths this time and counted to ten, trying to simmer down.

"Are you alright?" Taehyung asked, approaching Jungkook, his voice softer than before. The younger took one last breath and opened his eyes when he was certain that his expression was back to normal.

"Course, it just got too stuffy," he waved a hand in the air. It was ironic how often the word had been used in the last few hours.

The older’s eyes narrowed as they scrutinized him. Jungkook forced himself not to let Taehyung see any emotion. He raised a brow, pursing his lips slightly like he normally did. It was one of his general expressions; there was nothing off about it.

It seemed to work because Taehyung stopped scrutinizing him, "Was the call from the hospital?" he asked instead.

"Yeah," it wasn't this call but the previous one so it wasn't a lie.

"Is everything okay?"  

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Nothing's changed, there's still no response." It wasn’t like one could heal a tumor in a few weeks.

What Jungkook didn’t expect was for the older to take him in his arms and give him a hug and while rubbing his back lightly. Jungkook was too shocked to respond and when he realized what the other was doing, he tried to free himself, but Taehyung was surprisingly stronger than he looked. His hold on the younger body tightened.

“What are you doing?” he hissed through his teeth, trying to ignore the warmth that had somehow spread across his face.

“You look like you could use a hug.” The other told him, hands wrapping around the younger’s back and rested his head on Jungkook’s shoulder exhaling loudly.

Jungkook chuckled warily. Taehyung really scared him sometimes. “It’s you who needs a hug, seeing that you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” He joked trying to calm his once again racing heart. Why were his hands so tingly and why did he feel queasy all over sudden?

Taehyung ignored his comment. "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure things will work out and your mom will come back home healthy than ever," He said patting the younger’s back.

This was the closest to skinship as they had gotten since they had gotten married. He didn’t know why this was not making him uncomfortable or why he hadn’t pushed the older away from him, they were two guys hugging, two guys that disliked each other, but instead of being appalled, he felt….warm, soothed even, like the frustration he felt earlier never existed.

He sighed,"I hope so, I just don't know what I'll do if - God forbid something goes wrong." He decided to give into the hug just once and wrapped his arms loosely around the older. He was cold; standing on the veranda in the cold October weather in only a light sweater was not a very smart idea.

Taehyung’s hand patted him on the back of his head lightly. “Don’t strain your pretty head on it, you are not alone, you have us."

Jungkook pulled away and looked at the older, a smirk on his face. "You think I have a pretty head?" he teased.

The older nodded thoughtfully, “Hmm...well, everything about you is pretty but the inside of your head is more fascinating."

He raised his brows grinning wider. "Kim Taehyung-sshi, is that a compliment I'm hearing?"

"I'm capable of it." The older wrinkled his nose grinning at him.

"I knew there was a human being behind the portrait."

Taehyung laughed and ruffled the younger’s hair. This reminded Jungkook of the moment he had ruffled Hae Lye’s hair in the hall a while ago. Taehyung had just treated him the same way he had treated his sister, like a younger sibling or maybe a friend? He did not understand why the thought made him giddy.

"Come, let’s go inside before you catch a cold," the older released him and took his hand, pulling him back inside the house and although Jungkook wanted to tell him that he could walk back inside on his own without his help, he did not. He let the older lead him while he absorbed the warmth that emanated from him.

His stomach rumbled on the way and he just grinned sheepishly. "I'm starving; I haven't had food since yesterday," He mumbled, looking down at his stomach.

Taehyung followed his gaze frowning. He wanted to tell the younger not to skip meals, but he did not have the right to lecture someone on their eating manners. Instead, he decided to ask the other what he had gone off to ask in the first place.

"Are you sure, you don't mind Whee In coming along? I mean, things could get awkward."

"No, things would get awkward if Ha Na also came along."  

"I know you don’t like her." Not many people liked his ex for many reasons.

"I don't personally know her, so I don't have anything against her, tell her to come. It'll be fun." The younger told him before opening the door into the dining hall where everyone had taken a seat.

Since Whee In hadn't been expected and had invited herself, again, the seat arrangements were changed. Taehyung took the seat at the head - his father's, Whee In and Jungkook on both of his sides. Whee In and Tae Gi talked about how excited they were for the coming trip while Hae Lye tried not to choke either of them.  

Jungkook texted discreetly under the table to Seokjin-Hyung while half listened to the conversation taking part at the table, it was rude, but he could not bring himself to put down his phone and end the conversation.

"We'll be leaving on Saturday after breakfast or brunch, whatever time Tae-Oppa and Jungkookie-Oppa get here." Hae Lye was just saying.

"We'll meet Whee In-Unni at their cottage house, Oppa you know the way, right?" she asked taking a sip from her juice.

"You moved out?" Whee In asked, looking at her ex-surprised. At first, she had thought that Jungkook had moved in with the Kims since he was glued to them like a leech. But if Taehyung had moved out then she was okay with it; she wouldn't have to show up here again and fake excuses or conversations. She didn’t even want to remember how awkward it had been yesterday at the golf centre.

"Taehyung's moved in with Jungkook at the Jeon’s house," it was his mother who shared this piece of information.

It took a while for the girl to comprehend the words and when she did, her eyes shifted from Mi Yeon to Tae Gi who was nibbling on his lower lip guiltily as if caught at an act.

That damn brat. She had been nice to him all evening and even asked him to tell her what she'd missed in her absence, but the chit only murmured about irrelevant things. She’d spent two damn hours sitting next to the brat for nothing.                                                                      

Her eyes wondered fort to the grinning girl across from her and she forced herself not to show her anger. She never liked the girl. She was just as annoying as her little brother with the exception that she had gone out of her way all these years and Whee In didn't have to act nice to her unlike to some brat.

Still composing her expression, her eyes met Taehyung's and she could swear she could see amusement on his face; she couldn't help it, her eyes twitched just for a slight second. "Why didn't you tell me that you moved out?" that was a natural question, right?

He shrugged.

"Oppa didn't move out; all of his stuff are still here, he's just living with Jungkook-Oppa until..." Hae Lye answered instead, but Whee In was tired of hearing the girl’s annoying voice, so she tried to tune her out. She was, even more, irritating when she talked than the little brother.

"So, like babysitting?" she asked, her eyes never leaving Taehyung.

The Kims started snickering. Mi Yeon hid her grin behind her wine glass, Tae Gi giggled silently while staring at his plate. Hae Lye grinned broadly at the girl, Taehyung was pressing his lips together, but his eyes were twinkling childishly as if he was holding in a laugh.

She shifted her gaze to the boy sitting across from her. Was that amusement in his eyes? Was he also laughing at her? What was so funny about this? Wasn't it what it was? They weren't friends or a couple; Taehyung had assured her that, so obviously he was keeping Jungkook company until his mother got out of the hospital or whatever.

"What, did I use the wrong words?" she asked no one in particular, her voice raising and failing to conceal her irritation.

"I wouldn't call it babysitting." Hae Lye snickered.

"Why is that?" she couldn't keep the snarl out of her voice.

"Jungkookie would have to live with us if I wasn't staying with him." Taehyung gave a warning glare to his sister before continuing.

"Mum wanted us to learn to be independent since we'll be going off to university next year, the both of us." he looked at Jungkook as if only he could understand what he was saying, they both exchanged a smile and then he turned back his gaze to Whee In. What the hell?

"Mum figured this wouldn't be bad, experimenting staying away from home." he shrugged again.

"And you think it's a good idea having two teens living unsupervised alone together?" the words just flew out of . Jungkook now cocked his brows at Taehyung as if saying something. He just smiled shaking his head. Mi Yeon fixed her perfect unwrinkled wrist collars on her blouse.

"They are not alone. They’re workers to watch over them and I trust both of them." she said with the authority of making every grin disappear on the table.

The word trust still hung in the air. "Besides, what'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter