Cat And Mouse Game

The Golden Ticket To Willy Wonka's Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since I have three tests coming up next week this will probably be the only update this week.

It's a longer chapter than the others, but worth reading ;D  

Jungkook didn’t know why he had followed the older through the restaurant halls or why he had pulled him to the side and was now holding him against a wall. He had been on the phone with Jimin, who had called him to inform him that Seokjin was coming back to Korea, sadly for Jungkook, he already knew as he had run into the older male the previous at the hospital with Ha Na.

For some unknown reasons, he had been facing inconvenient situations after another; having Taehyung and Ha Na in his kitchen while he was till hungover on Sunday was awkward as and he still couldn’t believe that she had bought his stupid lies.

Riding in the same car with Ha Na to the hospital had been very annoying.

Why? 

Because he had enjoyed it; he had enjoyed her familiar company, her presence, her silly jokes.  He had missed every bit of her and he was bothered that he was glad that she'd come with him although it should have been the other way around. He was annoyed that he couldn’t hold her hand like in the past or kiss her like in the past.

They were friends now that’s what she had told him. He’d always be her best friend, even though he hated her now, but she’d give him time to come around. To trust her again and maybe let her meet this new person he was seeing.

She wanted to know who his fiancée was and had guessed the name of the person the whole ride to the hospital and begged him to give her hints. She had even used aegyo on him, something she never did before.

“Could it be that I’m heading in the wrong direction and this person is not even a girl?” she grumbled.

He had shifted his head away from the slightly open window and raised his eyebrow at her. She was grinning smugly at him.

She glanced at the driver and moved her body closer to him and leaned in so she could whisper quietly, “You used to have a thing for a certain someone, maybe your infatuation with him wasn’t an infatuation, but you liked guys.” She wiggled her eyebrows.

They both knew who she was talking about. He felt his face heat up and he looked outside the window once again, letting the light breeze fall on his face.

“Wouldn’t it be sad if you lost me to a guy and not a girl?” he pondered loudly. He didn’t have to look at her to know that she was scowling at him.

She fell back into the seat. “Humph….it’s not like you didn’t like them before me.” With that, the conversation had been over.

But it had not been the end of the awkwardness. Awkward was when they were coming back and had run into Seokjin, one of the hottest ballad singers and musical actors of the year and Jungkook’s Hyung.

The irony was that they were in the hospital and Jungkook felt like he needed to be hospitalized by the way his heart and mind had been racing.

He had been seeing pictures and videos of the elder all over the place, he had been following the elder’s every work and if asked, Jungkook would be Seokjin’s biggest fan and also anti-fan. But seeing him here in the flesh was different.

Seokjin was someone whom Jungkook had almost lost his mind for. Jungkook would have given up so many things to have the older boy by his side, but Seokjin had not wanted him. He had chosen his career and girlfriend over Jungkook, but it was alright. Since Jungkook had moved on. He had discussed it with his therapist and he had come to the conclusion that he had been just obsessed with the older boy. Jungkook had needed someone by his side at that time and Jin-Hyung had been there for him, so it had been natural that the younger would put the older above anything else.

He had seen Jin as his savior; it had not been infatuation, but more of an unhealthy obsession that he has now gotten rid of.

But he still couldn’t stop the anxiety when the older smiled at him and pulled him into a tight hug, gushing over how tall he had grown and how handsome he had become. The old Jungkook would have told him that he was the handsome one; he was the one with the broad shoulders and angel-like face and voice, but it would be a lie.

Seokjin’s looks were a contrast to his personality and it had taken Jungkook a while to realize this. With his obsession with the elder, he had only seen the good in his Hyung. He had refused to believe that the elder had been using him-maybe he did like him as a dongsaeng, but he’d also liked what came along with Jungkook.

Seokjin had been attending the same academy Jungkook is attending now- he had been homeschooled and only started going to school in high school due to Seokjin’s persuasive encouragement, - the older boy had been in the performing Arts department. He had wanted to become a singer and an actor and despite not being signed anywhere, he still had many proposals. That was of course until Jungkook asked a favor from his god-mother and Seokjin got signed to Homely. This he would never tell the older, that it wasn’t just his talents that had grasped the attention of one of the biggest entertainment agencies in South Korea- he did not regret it either, since Seokjin was making a lot of profit for the agency, it was a win-win for everyone, except for Jungkook cause he had lost his Hyung after that.

“Look at you Kookie, you’ve become a man!” the older said eyeing the younger once again ignoring Ha Na completely. They knew each other; her being one of Jungkook’s eldest friends. Jimin and Ha Na had been there when Jungkook was following Jin around, and when the older left and Jungkook had shrunk back into himself, to say that she was not a big fan of his was a lie.

She had confronted the older male and had asked him to stay away from Jungkook, not to confuse the younger male any more than he had already been doing, but Jin had accused her of being jealous and told her to get lost.

And yes, she might have been envious, but Jungkook had been her first priority and she couldn’t stand seeing him walk around like a fool for someone like that.

“He’s always been a man.” They heard Ha Na say.

Jin’s eyes shifted to the girl and then back to Jungkook. “Are the two of you…?” he didn’t finish the question as he let it hang in the air.

He knew that they’d been dating, news travels fast in their world and he also knew that they were broken up and that Jungkook was seeing someone else, but seeing them together at the hospital...was interes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter