Your Many Faces

The Golden Ticket To Willy Wonka's Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys!!! I know...I know...it's been a month. But I went on another hiatus. This time a kpop kdrama, everything Korea related hiatus and trust me it wasn't easy. School took a toll on me and total screwed me over that's why I needed the break. But I'm back and I'll try to update as often as I can.

I'm thankful for all the upvotes and subscribtions and being patient with me. Also I'd like to thank my loverly and funny Beta for being so patient with me and helping me again, JACKS, you're the best :P

This chap is really cute and might be one of my faves. It's also pure Taekook.

So enjoy!! :D

Taehyung gazed out the window at nothing in particular, only at the cold and dark fall night. He couldn't see anything at all outside, aside from his own reflection and of the boy sitting across from him, watching the older boy when he thought the other was not looking.


He had been doing that often, staring and following the now brunette boy's every move. Wherever Taehyung went, Jungkook's eyes would follow and whatever the older boy did, Jungkook would watch keenly. Sometimes he would nibble on his lower lip as if contemplating on something to say or do, but whatever it was, he'd shake it off and remain silent.
It was truly amusing and somehow cute, the older boy thought.
It was such a pity that he had gained the younger's attention only after the incident because now he knew that Jungkook knew he was a nutcase and was just worried he'd snap and do something insane again. Almost two weeks had passed since the young heir had found Taehyung in Park Boguem's closet about to set him and the whole apartment on fire.
The young model did not remember the whole episode; he only remembered a few things and those remained vague in his mind.


He remembered fighting someone for the lighter, screaming, threatening, kicking, and thrashing around. He remembered feeling like he was about to explode inside, like the only way to make the pain go away was for him to blow it all up first.
He also remembered a voice speaking to him. He assumed it had been Jungkook since he was the one who had found him in the closet. Taehyung almost wanted to bury himself for that; no one had ever seen him like that, apart from Bogeum, his mother, and doctor, but most definitely NOT Jungkook.


He felt bad for probably traumatizing the boy and adding more baggage onto his plate.


He recalls Jungkook speaking to him and him trying to concentrate on the younger's voice to stay intact and for a moment it had somehow worked; he had allowed the younger boy to embrace him, mending some of the pain inside he had been feeling; remembered thinking that Jungkook's hugs were warm—they made the emptiness and coldness go away. He had given in the warm hug long enough for the doctor to come and knock him out with whatever medication.
When Taehyung had woken up, he had been at the Hong Hospital and Jungkook had been the first person he saw in his room. The young heir had requested a bed right next to the older and had apparently been residing in the same room as him. It had taken the model a few minutes to understand where he had been and tried to recall what had happened but much to his luck, he failed miserably.


This had not been new to him, he had a record for waking up in this hospital, but the last time something had happened was almost ten months ago and his parents had almost sent him to a rehab clinic, which might happen this time around.
What was new however was someone lying on another bed beside his. He feared to have dragged Jungkook down his messed up road and so his first instinct was to go over to the sleeping boy and check if he was alright, but when he tried to move he was held back by the IV and something started to peep, waking the younger boy up.


Jungkook had swerved out of the bed like a ninja and Taehyung wondered how many drugs he had gotten this time around. Looking at his IV bag and how dizzy he was feeling, it must have been a lot. Jungkook had scolded him and told him to lie back while he called a nurse. The older male had been out of it for three straight days and while he was not feeling sick anymore the doctors had advised him to stay for a week in the hospital until they ran a few tests.
During that time Jungkook and Bogeum had filled him in on what had taken place, which explained why Jungkook had also been laying in the other bed next to his. The doctors had also kept Jungkook in the hospital for a check-up, just in case the petrol had done something to his body, but fortunately, there were no signs or any mishaps. He was free to go, but he had decided to stay in the hospital with Taehyung.


Truthfully deep inside, he knew from the start he didn't want to go home to an empty house or leave the older boy for a second. When the doctors had taken Taehyung away for a check-up, Jungkook had tagged along to the check room and waited outside the doors. Yes, he had been worried, frightened even for he was not sure that what had happened, had actually happened. It all seemed and felt surreal. His mind was still not able to comprehend what had taken place.


Bogeum had talked to him and told him that it was not the first time, but it had never gotten this far. Taehyung had always come around before completely tripping over the edge; the young model would reach out to him if he felt like it was getting too much, but this time he hadn't and he wasn't sure how to help him. He had been doing so well, great even, so he did not understand where the craziness was coming from. Jungkook had wanted to know more, but the actor had advised him to ask the said male for details.


Taehyung's parents were no help either; they kept thanking Jungkook for saving their son and also apologizing for having to go through something like that. Tae's father kept apologizing; saying it was his entire fault, that he shouldn't have agreed for the two to marry and that he knew that his son hadn't been doing as well as he acted, but he had neglected him. Mi Yeon was a whole different story; she kept sobbing and saying she was a bad mother that this was 'also' all her fault and she shouldn't have done what she did.


They had discussed with the doctors and decided to finally send Taehyung to a rehabilitation clinic. The young male was not sure what was going on, but he didn't want the older male to leave.
He'd visited his mother, who was also hospitalized in the same hospital, but in a different ward and tried to distract himself from the Taehyung fiasco.


He'd spent the whole afternoon with her talking, taking short walks and playing games. He had informed her how the company was doing, shared some gossip, but left out the petrol incident when she asked him how Taehyung was doing because the paparazzi had gotten word of the young heir being hospitalized, once again.
His mother and CEO of Homely had given out an official statement stating that although the model's immune system hasn't been the best over the years, this time, it was his appendix and there wasn't a reason to worry since the surgery had been a success. This seemed to have been enough for his fans. Many sent letters and gifts to the hospital and to the company wishing him a quick recovery.


But Jungkook's mother did not have to know the truth, that they had made him marry an unstable person, she did not have to sleep in the hospital and wonder whether Taehyung was going to do something to himself and harm Jungkook in the process, though given unintentionally.
Taehyung's parents did not ask Jungkook what he thought of the clinic idea, they just decided, but he understood after a while.


They were his parents and wanted the best for him, though he did not understand how they had let his condition get this bad without intervening, despite being aware this whole time.
He was no shrink, but he knew that Taehyung was fighting many demons and one of it being himself. He felt like an for being mean and hating Taehyung all these years. Taehyung had everything the younger boy had ever wanted; a complete family, many friends, and freedom to do whatever he pleased. To Jungkook, Taehyung was the luckiest person he knew and he was living the life the younger wished he could. Kim Taehyung was the epitome of how a teen should be living their teen years. That had been what he'd thought...until recently. Now, he realized that even he, with his ruthless of a family, was maybe better off than Kim Taehyung.


Whatever the model was going through, he had been able to mask it well and played it off as having fun and being a teen. He had been able to fool so many people, that Jungkook had to give him kudos for it because even he wasn't that good and he had been pretending to be okay for a long time.
Figuring that he only had a few days after Taehyung woke up; he decided to stick next to him. He wanted to be the first person the other saw when he woke up. He wanted to see the other's real expression when he realized where he was once again. Maybe by these actions, Jungkook would be able to understand him better.


But when Taehyung had woken up, he had tried to leave his bed, to where? Jungkook didn't know, but he was not going to let him run away from him. He'd forced him back into bed and called a nurse. All the while when the nurses and the doctor were talking and going in and out, Jungkook didn't leave the room and nor did his eyes leave Taehyung, who had been staring blankly at the ceiling. His parents had then arrived and had talked to the doctor, leaving the two boys alone together, but again nothing changed. Taehyung did not speak a single word nor look at Jungkook.
When they'd asked him if he remembered what had happened, he said only vaguely. They asked him whether he knew what had led to it and he said he didn't know, that he didn't remember much and that he was just tired. This had reminded Jungkook of their conversation in the closet when Taehyung had begged Jungkook to let him go. He had not mentioned that conversation to anybody, not even Bogeum who seemed to know more than the young heir.
Maybe he should have told someone, but it wasn't the first time crazy Tae had come out and they all seemed to know what was wrong and so keeping this little information may not harm anyone.


He didn't know what or how, but he had somehow talked to Taehyung's parents and asked them to give the latter another chance. He promised to watch over him and make sure he did not slip and if he noticed any signs of it happening then he'd inform them right away, he promised to the boy to his sessions and even check if he was taking his meds.
He even offered to move in with the Kims together with Taehyung. And for whatever reasons, it had worked. This was how two weeks later, he finds himself sharing the third floor with Taehyung. It had been a small apartment within the house and when Jungkook mentioned moving in, Taehyung's parents had only had to do a few adjustments to the room and voila, the guest bedroom in the apartment was decorated for the young heir to move in. Taehyung's office was decorated so that they could both share the space and this was where they were both now seated.


                                                                                                          +


Jungkook was trying to go over some notes with the older boy for some of the lessons that he had missed in school, but Taehyung had long given up and had been staring outside into nothing and this made the young heir uneasy.
He did not know what the other was thinking; whether he was mad at Jungkook for saving him or if he was thankful. He hasn't thanked him since he'd woken up at the hospital, but he didn't chastise him either. The only thing he did was apologize for the scratches and bruises on Jungkook's neck and arms. He also tried to make a joke and apologized for catfishing him into marriage.


"That's why you should date someone before marrying them; you never know what type of crazy you're agreeing to spend the rest of your life with," he'd said one day in the car while they were heading to school.

Taehyung's parents had even offered the young model to stay home and finish his senior year through online classes like he had been partly doing whenever he had a busy schedule, but he had disagreed. He preferred wanting to get out of the house and see the golden medallion in the sky, not just the walls of his bedroom from day till night.
The company had also given him a hiatus until further notice and he was also free from taking lessons at the Firm. The only thing he had to do was eat, shower, go to school, sleep and stay sane. Although to the skin kissed brunette that was easier said than done.


He barely had an appetite and if he did eat, half of it ended up in the toilet. Every time he'd enter the bathroom, Jungkook would go berserk, remembering the state Boguem's bathroom had been in. He'd stand behind the door and wait for him and if he took too long, he'd knock and ask him if he was still there. He had also asked him not to lock the bathroom door just in case and so far Taehyung had actually obliged.


He was allowed to go to school, but only if the heir was going to any other places or if Bogeum or Jungkook accompanied him, which meant that he had been stuck with Jungkook. Much to Taehyung’s luck, Bogeum was busy filming a drama, for over two weeks now and he didn't know what to make of it. Part of him felt like he was heading back to a dark place which also caused the restlessness at night.


"I know you somehow made it your life mission to save me, but this has got to stop," he spoke without looking away from his reflection. Jungkook startled and blinked rapidly as if realizing just now that he got caught.
 

"I don't take on things I can't handle," he heard the younger boy retort. It was then when Jungkook's eyes met the older's and held his gaze.
Taehyung cocked an eyebrow and tilted his head, eyes never leaving Jungkook's. "You're talking big, Jeon. But I know deep down you're afraid of being around me. I'm a ticking bomb that might explode any second. Isn't that why you're keeping tabs on me and stalking me like a hawk or do you have any other motives?"


He knew they meant well, but keeping him under surveillance was suffocating him, almost as much as their freedom had done in the beginning.
Jungkook blushed. Furiously at that, even stammered and looked away.

So he had noticed.

How could he not?
 

Jungkook had gone over the line of caring and taken over the role of borderline obsession. When he wasn't with Taehyung, he'd be checking his phone every few minutes to see if he got any new messages from one of the security guys he had hired to watch over the model.                                                                                                                                                                              He barely paid attention to what was around him; all he could think about was what the older male was doing. Was he eating right now? Was he finally able to catch some sleep? Did he take his meds like Jungkook had reminded him to? Was he feeling cold, should Jungkook have turned up the heaters in their living room? What was Taehyung thinking about? Was he planning on doing something crazy again? Whenever Jungkook would leave Taehyung in a room and come back, he'd hold his breath and prepare himself for what was to come, but he'd find the older male right where he had left him.


"I'm sorry about that," he said, looking at his notes on the table.


Taehyung watched him through the window and waited for him to continue.


"It's just that you scared me. I...I..." he took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair, then looked up again to meet Taehyung's eyes, this time not through the window.


The older boy had turned his head to look at the younger when he'd apologized and paused for what felt like a thousand years. Taehyung had been curious to see Jungkook's expression and sadly the boy's reflection on the window didn't offer much.


"I wasn't scared for my own life, but I was scared of losing you. I...we weren't on good terms before you left for China and you didn't come back...so....I got worried...I thought you didn't want to stay with me...but...but..it was something else." He took another deep breathe.


Jungkook wasn't good with expressing his feelings, it was a foreign territory and he knew that he had to watch his words. "You were already dealing with stuff and I only made it worse for you..." he continued.


Taehyung was staring at him with that blank look on his face. If only he could get a glimpse inside his head.
"So you're trying to make it up for being a ?" he asked him instead.

The younger frowned; he hadn't meant it that way. "No! I was....I don't know.I just want to be there for you? Like you had been there for me when my Appa and Hyung passed away. You took care of me and I want to take care of you too," his voice got smaller at the end.


"Why?" came the question. "You don't have to return anything, it was years ago."


Bogeum had told him that it won't be easy cracking Taehyung. He'd go into defense mechanism and would probably push him away at first.

"Because we're friends, isn't that what friends do? Aren't we friends, Tae?" he asked, eyes searching the other's face for any sign of emotions when Taehyung didn't respond, he sighed and looked out the window.


"I feel like crap." He heard the elder's voice after a pregnant period. His head turned back to Taehyung's face. "I know you're curious to know what happened and so is everyone else, but I can't remember and it's eating me up. Part of me is glad that you saved me while the other wished you'd been a few minutes too late."


When he looked back at the older boy, his face was not blank anymore. Taehyung was looking at the younger with the same nonchalant expression he had been wearing all this time, but the younger now understand it. The older boy wasn't just wearing it, but it had become his true face, all the other expressions had been fake.


He's beautiful, Jungkook thought and tried to avert his eyes away, but failed. How could he look at him like he didn't care and yet still capture his gaze? How could he sit there in fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter