Words That Are Hard to Say

3 Steps To Loving You (EXO FANFICTION)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seyeon shook her head and sighed. "If you've nothing to say, I'm leaving!" Seyeon turned as she started to walk away.

"I like you!" Baekhyun shouted across the garden, causing Seyeon to stop abruptly as her eyes grew wide, jaw dropping open slightly in shock.

"Not as a best friend, but as a woman."

--------------------

Seyeon kept still for a moment, before she turned around slowly, still trying to make sense of everything she just heard.

The funny thing was, it wasn't the first time Baekhyun revealed his true feelings, but Seyeon felt surprised, still. Even more surprised in fact.

"So... the thing is... Can't I be more than just your best friend? Can't I be your guardian, your lover, your man?" Baekhyun asked carefully, looking deep into Seyeon's eyes seriously.

To be very honest, Seyeon wasn't sure of her feelings as well. She liked him. However, does she like him as a best friend? Or perhaps, as a man? She couldn't say for sure. No doubt, Baekhyun wouldn't take this matter as a joke, so sincerity and loyalty wasn't as issue. She wouldn't mind trying it out, but wouldn't be unfair to Baekhyun? Besides, as much as she tried not to think about it, she didn't know how much longer she can stay by his side.

To her, at that point of time at least, he deserves much better.

"Baekhyun-ah, I-"

However, she was stopped as Baekhyun held his hand up. "Please don't be so fast to answering my question. You can take your time to think, I can wait. I just... hope that you can consider my request favourably. I promise that I will be by your side, no matter what. Well... of course if you still reject me, I will respect your decision as well, but I will never leave you by yourself."

Seyeon looked down, troubled. Her heart softened at Baekhyun's sincerity, making her unable to make a rationale decision. At the end of the day, no matter what, she wanted to make a wise choice that will hurt Baekhyun the least.

Baekhyun walked towards Seyeon stopped in front of her, making her look up at him at loss.

"And the last promise to you that I will make- I will be man that is worthy of you. I am going! See you after school!" Baekhyun poked Seyeon's forehead playfully before making a run out of the garden. As for Seyeon, she just stood there dumbfounded, still not able to adapt to the current situation. What was that that she was feeling? It was like that of excitement mixed with nervousness. She wasn't sure of how to describe it clearly either.

Was it love?

--------------------

As the last bell rang off, Seyeon packed her bag unusually fast and made a run for the school gate before anyone else. It was not like she did that to avoid Baekhyun, although she couldn't deny that that was part of the reason why. Why should she avoid him, though? Unless she harboured the same feelings towards him? Shaking off her useless thoughts, Seyeon walked towards the exit. However, even before she could step out of the school, a familiar voice called her from behind.

"Hey Oh Seyeon!" Baekhyun yelled breathlessly, running towards Seyeon and stopping right in front her, supporting his upper body by putting both his palms on his thighs.

Seyeon looked at him, slightly flustered. "Y-yes?"

"Why didn't you wait for me?" Baekhyun asked between his breaths.

Seyeon looked around nervously, trying to find an answer. "I have to go s-somewhere."

"Oh really? Or is it that you are trying to avoid me?"

"NO NO IT'S NOT THAT REALLY!" Seyeon denied, waving her hands in front of her face frantically.

Upon seeing Seyeon's reaction, Baekhyun laughed and ruffled Seyeon's hair. "Aigoo I was just teasing you! Unless... you're really avoiding me intentionally?"

"No... it's really not that. I really have somewhere to go." She wasn't lying though, she really had somewhere to go.

"Where? It's not that I'm doubting you but... you know?"

Seyeon nodded her head. "Yeah... I'm going to find my brother."

"Oh, okay then. Do you need me to walk you?"

Seyeon smiled and shook her head gently. "It's fine. It's just a few streets down anyway."

"Oh alright then! Go safely and remember to call me when you reach home alright!" Baekhyun reminded. "Oh and Seyeon,"

Seyeon looked at Baekhyun, waiting for his next words to come.

"I know you don't have the intention but... I hope you won't avoid me no matter what. Even if you do not feel the same towards me, there's no need to hide or feel awkward and sorry about it. The last thing I would want, is to lose our friendship."

Seyeon sighed softly and looked down. She didn't want to lose their friendship either, but sometimes, our heart cannot be controlled by our mind. As much as we tell ourselves that it is nothing to be awkward about, there is no way that we can be all natural act as if nothing happened.

"Ahh look at me being all sentimental again. You are starting to find me annoying, don't you? Get going now before it gets late. I will head off first then! See you!" Baekhyun joked, messing Seyeon's hair again playfully before he jogged towards his group of friends at the basketball court, not forgetting to turn around to wave goodbye one last time.

After a thoughtful smile and a simple wave, Seyeon turned around and walked out of the school gate.

--------------------

After buying Sehun's favourite lunchbox set from a nearby store, Seyeon made her way towards the SM building. Standing outside the gate, memories began flooding her mind again-how she first stood outside the building, and how awed she was by the amazing construction before her. And now, the owner of this amazing building was none other than her brother. It was unbelievable how surprising things can get. Tightening her grip on the strap of her schoolbag with one hand and on the bag of food with the other, she walked into the building, not forgetting to greet the security guard along the way.

However, as she entered, someone came hastily in the opposite direction and knocked her over accidentally. Seyeon let out a soft groan as she landed on the floor on her with the lunchbox turned over beside her.

"Oh god sorry I didn't see you coming! Are you okay?" A low, yet warm voice entered her ears. Picking up the overturned lunchbox beside her, the stranger supported her up as well.

Seyeon looked up to be greeted by an adorable yet charming face, like that of Baekhyun's. She zoned out for a moment before wiping the dirt off her skirt awkwardly." A-ah yes I-I'm fine." She hated to admit it but, damn, he looked so good she found it hard to speak properly.

"Oh!" The stranger looked at her with wide eyes and a grin as he pointed at her, as if he remembered something. "You are Seyeon, right?"

Seyeon was flustered. She didn't know him, but he knew her? What was this situation? "Ah yes I am but, how did you...?"

"You are Sehun's sister right? Nice meeting you! I'm Chanyeol! Sehun's best friend and a Manager here."

Chanyeol? Sehun's best friend? Didn't she know Sehun by that name before she found out that he was her brother?

"Ah yes... Sehun used my name some time ago didn't he? He had his reasons for doing so, so please do understand him. But oh well, I finally got my name and identity back. It wasn't all that awesome living as without a name. HA HA HA!" Chanyeol explained, adding in a roaring laughter at the end of his sentence.

Seyeon subconsciously giggled upon hearing Chanyeol's laughter. She was amazed at how much happy and positive vibes this person had even in front of someone he met for the first time.

"Oh anyway, what brings you here at this timing?" Chanyeol asked, disrupting her thoughts.

Please log in to read the full chapter