Everything Will Be Alright

The Biography of a Vampire

What was heard throughout the whole forest was actually Dongwon’s yell. The young noble just grabbed a branch and stuck it into his stomach, kicking him on the ground afterwards. There was a bigger need for blood in Joonyoung’s eyes so he scraped all around Dongwon’s body like a crazy man. There were so many wounds and the wolf was partially impressed with the power hidden in such a thin body. The vampire looked down at the werewolf with pity and nudged him in the ribs with his leg. Dongwon groaned in pain and rolled onto the other side. Joonyoung’s eyes rose from his body to a tree, where the older vampire was catching his breath.

“I recognize I didn’t expect you to be so tough, Joon, but that doesn’t mean I’m weak either.” Hakyun spat the excess of blood in his mouth and glanced at Dongwon. “I’m not him.”

But even so, the power wasn’t the same and not just because of the state of mind but because of the simple fact that being insane wasn’t the same with being trained. Hakyun had the upper hand at that but Joonyoung didn’t have something that the older vampire mastered and that was control. The punches, kicks and the speed intensified and Hakyun’s body couldn’t take it forever. Joonyoung’s condition wasn’t that bright either: his shirt was torn, he had a few scratches on the back and also a full blow on his arm. Dongwon did damage him a little but it still wasn’t enough. Hakyun tried to hit Joonyoung exactly where he knew it would hurt- like the arm or the huge claw scratch on his side- but Joonyoung defended those parts the most.

“I’m not a child, Hakyun. You can't fool me.”

Hakyun blocked Joonyoung’s punch and got a hold of his leg, turning the young male and pushing him on the ground. Joonyoung couldn’t really get out of it since Hakyun was pushing on his side.

“Let’s see how you get out of this, Joon.”

The noble vampire glared at Hakyun but he had something else in his mind. Since Dongwon could still move, though it was hard, he used it as a plan B.

“Wolf!” As a sign of still being conscious, Dongwon groaned. “Be nice and give me what we grabbed before we left.” The werewolf couldn’t understand what Hakyun meant until he finally remembered. He crawled like a worm towards his small backpack and took something small out of it.

It was a syringe.

Joonyoung couldn’t see what Dongwon was doing because of the grip Hakyun had on his back; he couldn’t even move his head. Anyway, the werewolf threw the syringe to Hakyun, who caught it easily before he held it in front of the vampire.

“Do you know what this is?” Joonyoung growled, sign that Hakyun took as a negative response. “It’s melted amethyst. It’s true that the stone helps vampires walk in the sun but when it’s inside the body, it hurts. They dry the blood, Joon.” He said into his ear.

Joonyoung’s eyes widened and he started to squirm but it was in vain. Hakyun plunged it into his neck and even though he didn’t leave it there for long, he let enough enter his body to make him yell in pain.

••••••••

While Joonyoung got hurt, Jina finished immobilizing Hongbin, who looked like hell. Myungsoo already had cuts all over his chest, a wound in the stomach and scrapes on his face and legs but he looked the best out of them. Yoon walked forward, indicating that it was enough. In that moment, Jina let go of Minhyuk, making him fall on the ground, and turned to her uncle.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time now…” Jina mumbled, her head held high, trying to look more superior. It wasn’t working since the other person was Gong Yoo. He was ready to punish his niece for what she’d done and it was going to hurt; he was dead serious about it.

The two vampires stood still, their eyes staring intently into the other’s, the atmosphere was completed by the wind, which started to blow slightly. At the sound of a bird flying from the tree, both vampires glared and flashed at each other. They first collided into each other, their wrists fighting for dominance. Jina’s eyes deepened and with extraordinary force, she pushed him to the side. He regained fast and launched at her. His punches were very fast, the viewers couldn’t even keep up with it visually but Jina was good at defending herself. She looked closely at how he was throwing kicks and punches at her and when she saw how he wanted to kick her in the stomach, she jumped and rotated over his head, her hands laying on his shoulder so she could throw him when she landed. The plan was good but Yoo caught her hand and when he was ready to collide with a tree, he pushed her against it first, face front. The collision was pretty harsh since she got herself a few bruises and blood dripped from her nose. Yoo also grabbed her and pushed her on the ground. He got on her back, since she was facing the dirt, and slammed her head a few times on the concrete. She growled and somehow rotated fast and faced him. He lost for a bit his concentration and Jina used that small amount of time in her favor. She pulled her legs towards her chest and kicked Yoo into the chest, throwing him away. Again, Yoo showed how trained and quick he was when he grabbed her leg and while being thrown, kicked her in the chest as well.

The two bodies were each flying into opposite directions but both caught themselves at the same time. Jina was losing her temper rapidly and launched at her unclet while he was getting up. She grabbed his head and slammed it into the tree; not a few seconds later she grabbed his hands from behind and pulled them towards her while she was kicking his back. Yoo could feel himself bleed but it wasn’t that obvious on his face. Since she held a tight grip on him, he relaxed his muscles. In that moment, Jina made a big mistake: she let her guard down. Yoo had his eyes closed from the pain when he felt her grip lessen. He turned and grabbed her by the collar, not letting her recover at all.

Gong Yoo slammed her in the spot he was a few moments ago and kept her in place.

“Give me a reason why shouldn’t I kill you right now.” He whispered into her ear.

Jina hissed and squirmed in his grip but even though she was powerful, he was stronger and older. She glanced at the man behind her, her eyes narrowing when she saw Yoo raising one hand in the air. The younger vampires were sure he was going to snap her head or grab her heart out but no. Something was thrown at Yoo and he caught it easily. The viewers’ eyes turned to where the object was thrown from: it was Hakyun.

“The wolf is safe but he is just half conscious. Jitae and the others got the vampires and got the unconscious Joonyoung somewhere safe for us. You take care of her.”

Yoo nodded and Hakyun flashed away. Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he struggled to rise.

“Wait! Are you going to kill her?”

“I’m going to do the right thing.” Yoo responded without even glancing behind.

Yoo pushed more force on her head and titled it to one side. She tried to get out but it was hard; her uncle even got one leg between hers, pushing force into her ankle from behind. Yoo sighed and plunged the syringe into her neck.

Jina was in enormous pain. Yoo backed off and watched her squirm until she screamed and suddenly became still.

Myungsoo watched with awe as Jina dropped on her knees, her hands gripping the tree. She tried to regain her breath but it was too much. She only glanced at the vampires behind her before she closed her eyes.

“Jina!” Myungsoo screamed in fear.

Hongbin’s eyes widened before he started to crawl to her.

“Jina, don’t die! Just resist it! Please…” He mumbled.

Hongbin really loved her as a human and still cared for her as a vampire. It was never about loneliness, it was always about her being someone special to him. It didn’t matter on what extreme she was, Jina was always just Jina for him.

••••••••

Jina was blinded by the sunlight. She wasn’t sure where exactly she was but it felt warm and safe.

“Jina!”

She turned her head quickly to face a cleaner Hongbin. He looked like he went through a total makeover that made him look more human. The Lee noble smiled widely and hugged her. He loved having her into his arms and she found it very comfortable as well. It really felt as if that was the right place to be in.

That feeling of happiness spread quickly throughout Jina’s body and it stung.

“I’m sorry,”

That was definitely not Hongbin’s voice. She looked up and realized she was in Myungsoo’s arms and took a step back. She also noticed something red dripping down his chin. Jina got the urge to wipe it off for him and surprisingly enough, she was holding a tissue with embroideries.

“I killed that girl.” He added, looking like he was going to cry. Jina’s actions stopped and she took a few steps back, holding tightly to the tissue.

“It’s my fault. I changed you without asking if you wanted to. But I did it for you, I-“

“Did you?” Myungsoo asked, his eyes narrowing at her, “You were afraid that your special Hongbin will leave so you made me his replacement. You changed me into a monster so you could feel better about yourself.”

Jina’s eyes widened, aware that everything he said was right. She was afraid of loneliness above all and seeing Hongbin get further away from her was painful. That bright and bubbly feeling inside her was fading, was moving out of her reach and she hated it.

“I’m not a monster.” Jina mumbled, “I’ve been a victim all along. Everyone left me when I slipped and no one ever saw me for who I was. And now, the past repeats itself all over again.” She continued, defending herself without the slightest faint of remorse for what she did.

“What about your parents? What about Joonyoung?” Myungsoo asked before he changed into the copy of her brother, “You did what you wanted and made me the monster instead. I killed just so you wouldn’t get your hands dirty. I killed just so you wouldn’t feel guilty. You used me.”

“No!” She screamed, “I didn’t! I would never do anything that would harm you! You’re my brother. Blood from my blood!”

“No. I’m the victim. I’ve always been the one that had to cope with the guilt of killing our parents. You made me a monster and now it’s time you take everything back.”

Joonyoung started to walk towards her slowly, his face shifting several times in between her parents’ faces, Myungsoo’s and Hongbin’s. In the end, right before he stopped in front of her, it shifted into her. Jina was staring into her own eyes, blood covering her face.

“What-what’s happening?” She stuttered, fear crawling up her spine, “What happening?!”

“Do you see what you have become? Do you see the monster, Jung Jina? I’ve always been here, in the depth of your soul, but you never accepted me. Only when you will give yourself into my hands will you gain full control.” The bloody Jina explained, leaning closer to herself. “Give in.” She whispered.

“No. If I give in, I die.” Jina hissed.

“Don’t you understand? The pain comes from you not from me. Your fear to die kept me hidden for so long. You have to die in order to be reborn. You have to die.”

Those words seemed to materialize into little sparkles and surround her while repeating the same thing.

“Die”

“You have to die in order to be reborn.”

“Die.”

“You have to die.”

“Die.”

“Die!”

“DIE.”

Feeling overwhelmed, she crouched and covered her ears. It didn’t stop the sparkles but instead, they started to fly all around her, the voices intensifying until they became one high pitched screech. Jina’s eyes widened and she screamed before she fell the sparkles fly directly into her body, every spot they entered through making her feel like she was being burned.

She screamed one last time before she opened her eyes and found herself on her back with one man standing over her, watching intently. She could barely make out where she was or who was standing in front of her but she knew the pain was real. Jina tried to get up but the man pushed her back softly.

“Lie down and try to remember who I am.” The man spoke in such an elegant yet authoritarian voice.

“Who you are?” She repeated, her voice sounding as if she has gone surgery. It was so faint that she could barely hear herself. “Who you are,”

“Who am I, Jina? Remember.”

That voice was very familiar. She knew who he was, it was on the tip of her tongue but something wouldn’t let her say it. It was such an intense feeling as her mind started to swirl with memories of him, some better than others, and finally she knew.

“Gong Yoo,” She mumbled, confused why it seemed to make so much sense after saying it out-loud, “Gong Yoo. You’re my uncle, Gong Yoo.” She repeated more clearly.

Yoo nodded and smiled softly at his niece, content that she finally made some progress.

“You’re fine. Your memory will return slowly, there’s no need to rush it.”

“Where’s Joonyoung?” She asked, suddenly feeling a wave of panic all through her body, “Where’s my brother? I-“

Yoo silenced her and helped her lean against the mattress. That was the moment Jina realized she was in a room, on a bed in a house she couldn’t recognize.

“You’re in Bucheon, in Jitae’s house. Joonyoung is fine, he’s resting in another room. Jina, you have been unconscious for a week and a half.” Yoo explained.

“What?!”Her eyes widened as she registered the information. She could vaguely remember getting injected in the forest and maybe hurting people along the memory lane but nothing was clear.

“Like I said, your memory will return slowly. You don’t need to force yourself.” He said before he got on his feet. “I’m sure the others will keep you company from now on.”

“Wait. Will I be alright? Will the monster-“ She gasped, having no idea why she spoke about a monster in the first place.

Yoo sighed and leaned against the wooden desk in her room. He caught sight of a silver pendant in the form of the endless knot and chuckled.

“No, you’re not alright but with time, you’ll learn how to be. You’ll learn that control comes once you give in and embrace who you are as well as who you want to be.” He explained before he left.

Jina’s eyes furrowed in confusion but she couldn’t even think deeper about it because the door slammed open and Joonyoung ran to hug her. While he was squeezing her tightly, she noticed two other men trailing behind before her eyes fell on an older man who smelled differently than the others.

“Dad?” She asked, having an intense need to call him and embrace him.

“Hey, what about me? Can you remember me?” Myungsoo asked, walking in and sitting at her desk, “What’s my name?”

Jina tilted her head to the side before flashes of images appear before her eyes, both from the past and present.

“Stalker. You’re my stalker, always watching from the shadows, caring secretly for my safety.” She answered slowly, confusing her brother yet not Myungsoo. “Kim Myungsoo. My best friend.” She added, making him smile wider than ever before in his life.

“I sure am!” He exclaimed happily.

Jina chuckled before her eyes fell on the brooding vampire in the room.

“Lee Hongbin,” She started, memories of their time together making her heart heavier.

It was strange how it felt as if she still wanted to throw him off a bridge but at the same time, she wanted to hear him laugh and she wanted him to wrap his hand around her just so she could feel warm again.

“I’m sorry,” She whispered, “I’m sorry.” She repeated slowly.

Hongbin’s expression didn’t change but those words meant a lot to him. She had nothing to apologize for but it still mattered a lot to him.

“I’m sorry too. I’ve always been sorry for what happened.” He admitted.

“I know. I have waited for a long time for you to tell me that.” She said before she took a long look around her room. “But it doesn’t matter now, not anymore. Everything will be alright.”

Jina’s smile surprised everyone but not in a bad way. They could see in her eyes that she knew what she did and she knew exactly what she had to do next. It was a matter of time but Jung Jina was going to be alright. She had a lot of time to spear.