Second Victim

The Biography of a Vampire

The next day everyone came to the common decision that they needed to go back to school. Joonyoung didn’t seem happy with that idea, mostly because Myungsoo had to enroll too for some reason. Hongbin was in the driver seat, his emotions bottled up and his face expressionless. Joonyoung was in the back seat, alone, glaring at the not very comfortable Myungsoo.

“I don’t like school. Never did, never will.” Joonyoung started, “I don’t like how Hakyun got control over the situation.” The noble vampire added.

“He seems fairly happy to have the old Jina back.” Hongbin mumbled, as confused as the rest of them.

“Where is Stella anyway?” Myungsoo asked, looking into the review mirror.

Joonyoung’s glare disappeared before he turned his head to watch the scenery outside.

“Maybe looking for vampire slaves.” Hongbin mumbled getting two pairs of glares.

“You know what, I’m out of here. You, you and your pessimism drive me crazy! Look at you! You’re ing unbelievable! I thought you liked her; you might have even developed some deeper feelings for her but damn! Even I am not such a heartless bastard!” Myungsoo yelled, glaring daggers with his red eyes at Hongbin.

“I did have feelings for her. But you were the one who said it, Myungsoo. Vampires don’t have feelings, they aren’t supposed to care.” Hongbin stopped in front of the school and parked the car then he finally turned his head to look at an awaiting ticking bomb. “Why should I cross the line? Why should I break the rules? Tell me, Myungsoo. Why should I care about Jina?”

“I-”

Myungsoo was speechless. The answer came from the other noble, whose eyes were dark and cold, not red yet, but those dark brown orbs were intimidating.

“Because you opened the gates of Hell.” Joonyoung answered coldly.

Hongbin’s eyes widened and for a second, he felt guilty. He did push Jina over the edge and ran instead of taking responsibility but now was different; now, he was ready to act like a true noble.

 “You remember everything too, don’t you?” Myungsoo asked the Jung sibling once they got out of the car.

Joonyoung shook his head, “That’s the bad part. I don’t.” He said before he walked past the younger vampire without another word.

At school, hours went quite well. The surprising part was that Jina was at school, acting as she normally would and no one seemed to disturb her. Not even the glaring, still mad human. It was lunch when Jina sat with her supposedly friends.

“You haven’t been to school for almost a month!”

Jina shrugged. She didn’t care enough about learning something now that she knew so much.

“I didn’t feel good enough to come. It’s a waste of time anyway.” She mumbled the last part but Seulgi heard it. “What happened while I was home?”

Yuna shrugged. Out of everyone, Yuna was the only one who acting normally. Minho was silent, Seulgi was furious and Roy was furious too about something Jina found unimportant.

“Nothing much, really. The new students left, except that Dana girl.”

Jina raised an eyebrow, remembering the teenager from the bar.

“Dana…Joonyoung was talking to her a few days ago.”

 Yuna shrugged until she remembered something and looked suspiciously at the brunette.

“Wait a minute. You did come at that party a few days ago. I’ve seen you!”

Seulgi smirked up at Jina which made the vampire want to strangle her. Minho didn’t look comfortable at all and put a hand on Jina’s leg. Surprisingly, it did calm her down a little bit. However, luckily for everyone, Myungsoo entered the lunchroom. He met Jina’s eyes, which were tingling with mischievousness and the man frowned before spinning around and walking into the other corner of the room without a second glance.

“That guy is very handsome, isn’t he?” Jina heard Yuna mumbling.

“I thought he’s older than us?” Roy asked the humans.

“I heard he didn’t finish high school and that’s why he came back.” Seulgi mumbled, not very interested.

Yuna smirked and started to apply more make up. Jina raised an eyebrow, curious.

“I’m gonna take my chance. He stands alone in the corner so it won’t be that hard.”

Jina almost scoffed.  Seeing a human try to hit on someone that was supposed to be hung up on her was uncomfortable. Myungsoo was HER propriety.

Myungsoo noticed Yuna from afar and sensed the attraction. Her veins were pumping blood faster and her heart was beating in expectation.  He knew he shouldn’t give in to Jina but at the same time, after their little conversation in the car and the way events unfolded lately, he wanted to give her a lesson.

Myungsoo just came back from hunting and he couldn’t stand himself. Not because he killed a human, no, but because he could still feel that human’s hand still touching his chest. He shivered at the memory.

“Did you have fun?” Gong Yoo asked, coming from the kitchen.

The house was huge and often gave the impression that Myungsoo was transported into a different world. Anyway, the living room was the biggest room and that because the vampire was pretty old, one of the elders actually, and he liked to party or have special guests.

“I don’t like you.” Myungsoo mumbled, glaring slightly at the older male.

Yoo simply walked to the sofa and poured himself a glass of the finest wine.

“Aww. You broke my heart.” He said sarcastically, sitting down.

A few minutes later, he was in front the library, searching for a book. He changed his mind pretty fast after the blood.

“I’m serious. You sent her to me. She might have been only a victim but she was annoyingly persistent.” Myungsoo complained before jumping on the sofa as well, taking a moment to close his eyes and relax.

Yoo scoffed and pushed him off, making him fall on the ground.

“It’s time for another lesson.” The elder started coldly. “I told you everything I know about the Jung family but I didn’t tell you yet about the Jung personality. Take care when you are around one of us.” He started, his eyes holding that superior glint that not many vampires had.

Myungsoo felt like a small puppy while looking into those black orbs.

“When a member of the family puts its hand on someone or something, it’s ours. No one can touch that someone/something and still stay alive. It may sound silly and maybe we are used to take anything we want but Kim Myungsoo…You have her smell.  You are hers and if someone dares to take you from het then that person has its destiny already settled.” He ended his speech with an evil smirk.

Remembering those times, Myungsoo sighed. He caught glimpse of the woman standing afar, watching from the corner of her eye as a human was daring placing her hands on something that was hers. He could see it in her tensed posture that she could barely hold herself from killing.

When Yuna arrived to his table, she immediately took a seat across him and smiled.

“Hello, I-“

She didn’t even finish introducing herself when Myungsoo got up and interrupted.

“I’m not interested.” He said quickly before walking away, leaving Yuna blinking confusedly at what just happened.

After lunch, Yuna wasn’t as preppy as she was before. Jina had a smug expression  even though it didn’t look too different than her usual expression. She didn’t care about her supposed friend so why would she feel guilty? She left the moody Yun with Seulgi and went searching for Mino who disappeared out of nowhere.

“Here you are…”

Mino didn’t even turn to know who was there but only stood there.

“How does my wolf feel today?” She asked smirking.

“Do I look like a toy to you?” the boy asked, turning only halfway in order to see her.

Jina tilted her head to the side sweetly and smiled sadistically.

“The truth hurts, doesn’t it?”

Mino’s eyes changed to mustard yellow before he launched at Jina. She didn’t move until he was just a foot away, when she caught his neck and threw him into the wall. She flashed in front of him while he moved away. She turned around right when he was ready to punch her. Jina was ready to snap his head but someone immobilized the dangerous vampire.

“Jina! Stop it!”

She growled at her brother and flashed out of his grasp. Joonyoung sighed while Mino stood there, watching the scene.

“She should be killed.” He said angrily. “You should do what’s better for us, not for her.”

Joonyoung’s eyes reddened and glared at the young werewolf.

“Know your place, wolf.”

••••

Jina was ready to leave the campus when Seulgi emerged from the school.

“What have you done to Yuna?! Stop and look at me! I asked you a question! I said I asked you a question!” The human started to yell, reaching out in order to grab Jina by the wrist.

That seemed to push the vampire over the edge as she turned around with no intention to cover what she really was.

“That’s enough you insolent ! You should know not to annoy someone who’s visibly pissed already.”

The face of an angry Jung vampire was known to be very ugly and scary and with how much pressure was building up inside her, Jina’s face was the one of a murderer.

“What are you…?” Seulgi asked, noticing first the red eyes before the fangs.

Jina’s eyes narrowed before she quickly grabbed Seulgi by the hair and tilted her head to the side harshly, plunging her fangs into her neck. After she finished her meal, Jina looked around for any collateral victims but no one was around. She took Seulgi’s dead body and flashed into the forest with the simple intention of burying her somewhere she’d never be found.