Hardly Prepared

The Biography of a Vampire

The wind was harsh in Bucheon . The branches from every tree were gnashing like in horror movies. The dust on the ground was lifted by the wind and trailed to the forest, the place where a group of vampires were slowly approaching.

“They’re coming.” Joonyoung announced his sister.

“Good.”

She knew that was the end of one side and she would make sure, breaking any rule there was in the vampire world, that it won’t be hers.

••••••••

Even with the bad weather, the team wasn’t budging. They arrived in the forest in quite a short time and got into a circle, getting ready for what was to come.

“Jitae and Billie, I want you to get rid of the vampires that are still leaking around. Take the kids with you.” Both humans nodded, not even thinking to speak back to Yoo. “Hakyun, Dongwon, get busy with Joonyoung.”

Dongwon’s eyes widened while Hakyun simply snorted. He imagined before that he would be paired up with the wolf he so much detested but now he was actually facing the situation.

“That means it’s us that we’re going to enter her territory directly.” Minhyuk said as he pointed at the four group of men, including himself.

“Yes.”

Yoo’s response was clear and straight. He glanced at Jitae and signed for him to leave, which he complied immediately with his team following closely. Without even having to take a glance, Hakyun scoffed and walked down his path with Dongwon sulking behind. That only left four vampires: Myungsoo and Minhyuk sighed while getting prepared for facing Jina but for Hongbin, it was far more complicated than any could imagine.

“Remember she’s a danger to herself and to the peace her parents worked so hard for.” Yoo said, knowing they’d have to remember they weren’t fighting for themselves but for both races.

••••••••

On the other side, a pair of dark red eyes were growing wider and wider, excited for what was to come. Joonyoung was only restrained by a word and only when his sister would begin would he also let himself go wild.

Jina could feel her uncle from her house. He wasn’t thrilled to be there, fighting his own family, but he had no choice. He made everyone fight for what he believed in. Sensing the team split up, she closed her eyes and massaged her wrists. A lot of blood will be spilled; a lot.

“Go,” She whispered faintly but Joonyoung heard every letter.

••••••••

Throughout the whole forest the wandering pair of a vampire and a werewolf was not even glancing at one another. Hakyun’s eyes were focused in front while Dongwon didn’t seem to have a problem with the current situation, or at least didn’t show how uncomfortable he felt.

“Stop being so optimistic, Dongwon.” Hakyun snorted.

“I’m not being optimistic at all, Hakyun dear.” The wolf mocked, “In fact, I believe this is stupid and aimless. It won’t have any results.”

“Oh, really? Is the big bad wolf going against his master’s wish?”

Dongwon was ready to express his own opinion when someone started to applaud. Both men turned to each other before they felt him.

“What a view!” The voice wasn’t far at all. As a matter of fact, Joonyoung walked out from behind a tree with a very content look on his face. “A vampire and a werewolf fighting together. Moreover, Hakyun and Dongwon. Vampires and werewolves from all over the world should come to take a picture.” He actually started to laugh until his eyes reddened.

Seeing it as a sign that he’ll most likely attack, Hakyun decided he should act first thus he pushed Joonyoung into one of the trees. The younger vampire fell on his knees, unprepared for such a force but he didn’t seem mad. He wiped his mouth, whre blood spilt from the impact, and glanced up. His eyes were redder than before and even had a tint of black.

“Let’s get this party started.”

••••••••

Meanwhile, on a completely different side of the forest the nobles and Myungsoo were still walking in silence. That, until Yoo stopped and looked to the side.

“What’s the matter?” Minhyuk asked aalrmed.

His answer was in the form of action. Yoo flashed to the left, trying to shove someone but that person was too fast. He straightened his back and turned his head to look into the eyes of the devil.

“Tsk, tsk uncle Gong. I’m not that easy to catch.” She giggled sinisterly and flashed out of there, “Where would be the fun if there wouldn’t be any tag game?” Her voice could still be heard but her figure was hidden.

••••••••

“This isn’t a game, Jina.”

She chuckled, the sound echoing through the whole forest.

“But you are my pawns! Especially you!”She said before she flashed behind Myungsoo. The vampire boy tensed as her hand creeped up his chest. When her hand touched the place his of his heart, she grabbed the piece of fabric he wore and gripped it in her hand.

“You’re not going to kill me,” Myungsoo whispered, encouraging himself to believe that.

“Why would I want to kill you,” With one quick movement, she pushed Myungsoo aside with full force while her eyes turned to Hongbin. “You, on the other hand, are a completely different story.”

Hongbin tensed but couldn’t do anything else. He knew she was right. Jina walked towards him without anyone interfering.

“I would just love to grab your heart out.” She admited, forcing Minhyuk to overreact. The boy flashed between the two and grabbed her hand.

“And I would love to erase that little grin off your face.” Minhyuk hissed, his eyes reflecting hers in a way.

Maybe the familiarity she felt while seeing him was at fault but it offered a chance for Yoo to act. He furrowed his eyebrows and made a sign to Hongbin to back off. He knew how much Minhyuk hated the human Jina and how much he looked up to her when she became evil but her present condition was putting everyone in danger. Meanwhile, Myungsoo finally got a grip on his mind and memories and walked closer to her.

“Myungsoo, remember how much fun we had back then? I promised I will show you fireworks and I’m not going to cross my word.” Jina spoke so casually, her eyes following every twitch on Hongbin’s face.

Just as if it were a breeze, Jina spun around and kicked Minhyuk away. Unfortunately, the young vampire wasn’t a novice and regained his balance quickly, trying to hit her over and over. She didn’t hit him back but she avoided every chance at a full blown.

While Minhyuk was trying to keep up with Jina’s speed, Yoo wasn’t doing anything. Myungsoo was too focused on the battle and his body already suffered damage and Hongbin…well, Hongbin was having his own demons creep towards hik from the darkness. He was aware of everything happening around him but at the same time, he didn’t want to intervene; if anything, he would have let Jina to kill him if that meant she’d come back to normal.

“Focus, Hongbin.” Yoo mumbled, knowing the youngster will heard him.

Hongbin nodded and looked up at Jina, calculating when she would stop to breathe or get defensive. In Hongbin’s eyes, she suddenly started to move in slow motion. She kicked Minhyuk in the stomach and grabbed his arm, turning the younger vampire around. She pushed him into a tree but didn’t let him collide with it but flashed in front of him and caught him by his neck, throwing him a few feet away. When Hongbin saw how she stopped and didn’t look back to where the other three viewers were, he flashed behind her and grabbed her shoulder, throwing her into distance.

“Wrong move.” She hissed before she pulled him up by his collar.

There wre a fewmoments in which she stared at him, only briefly, before she threw him to the left. He collided into three trees before finally got his balance and flashed back to her. Jina felt him coming and when he was just a few centimeters away, she flashed behind him and kicked him in the back, breaking bones from what she heard. She looked down at him loathingly and raised an eyebrow.

“I should kill you or even better, I should make you suffer but how?” A sadistic smirk formed on her lips and she chuckled darkly. Her eyes moved around in search for a sharp branch.

Seeing an open spot, Minhyuk flashed towards her. He was completely unprepared for what she did: finding already what she was looking for, when Minhyuk was ready to strike, Jina plunged the branch in his chest, missing his heart by very little. He stopped and fell down in pain. Jina rolled her eyes and kicked him aside, her attention shifting on the more important victim. Hongbin was on the ground, trying to raise himself when she kicked him again in the ribs, making him fall on his back.

“Jina…”

Myungsoo had no words for what he was witnessing. His grabbed the thorn he had secretly hid in the jacket and prepared to use it for the greater good when he heard a really loud yell. Jina’s head rose instantly and chuckled.

“That’s my brother,” She said proudly.