Gone

The Biography of a Vampire

Bucheon was going through a strange time for the rest of the citizens. The wind picked up and intensified for a few days already and it didn’t look like it will stop anytime soon. In the woods, slightly further from the city was the Jung mansion. The windows were dark grey from the heavy dust, mold was covering the entire building and all together it looked haunted but even if the condition didn’t look too good, the house was still standing proudly, containing its majesty charm. Inside, the old furniture was rusty and even broken but the memories were still there

It was dead silent yet someone was there, walking calmly into the living room. There she stood, in her glory, looking at what was left from her past. Her icy orbs trailed over every little piece of furniture in the room, stopping in the end on the black piano in the far corner.

Jina could still remember the times she and Myungsoo were playing. He used to play beautiful music, pieces that she could imitate easily but never did. Myungsoo was the only person, the only human she ever cared about but maybe her expectations were too high for a newly changed vampire. He was just a memory, everyone was.

Jina walked insidde and stopped in front of the big glassy window on the center wall. She looked-dare to say- normal but those dark eyes that used to be sincere were different now. There was going to be a fight, she could feel it, and she was sure no one, absolutely no one will survive her wrath.

••••••••

Everyone was busy with preparations. For most of them it was their first time seeing Jina in such a state, even for Yoo who was not there when his brother was murdered. Joonyoung was still unconscious but changes were getting visible in him too, Myungsoo could see them. He was having an inner battle between his rational part and animalistic, vampiric part. Myungsoo could even wander how that felt and hoped he will never have such a battle go on in his mind.

Everyone was worried, that much was obvious; everyone but Minhyuk. Seeing how they were busy wallowing into their own sorrows and fears, Minhyuk sneaked out and walked aimed to speak to his cousin. The way there was a debate between what he should say and what he wants to say. Millions of ideas and questions rose in his mind but once he arrived in front of the house, it all vanished. Every word he planned to say, every action he wanted to do simply dissipated. He gulped and closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down when he heard the front door opening. His eyes opened widely and his body froze.

Jina walked past him without a care, but she let her arm touch his while doing so. That minuscule action sent chills down his spine. When the moment finished, Minhyuk turned around, looking at the powerful vampire.

“Jina, Gong Yoo came here.” He said fast.

That seemed to attract her attention because she stopped, waiting for the rest of the sentence.

“Gong Yoo is here and he’s willing to kill you if you don’t stop now.”

“I wouldn’t bet my life on Gong Yoo.”

Minhyuk’s eyes widened as his body froze when she started to walk again.

She was consuming, overwhelming. He felt weak, unimportant, a simple boy who looked up to someone with more experience. It was intense.

••••••••

One house, one unfortunate house which a family called home became hell. It wasn’t built somewhere near the forest, it was actually near the police station.

She didn’t care.

Blood was covering the floors inside the hall and kitchen; the lifeless body of a woman was lying on the ground, her eyes still open, in the position of a watcher. Why the female was positioned that way? Because there was a sadistic vampire who wanted to feel her dead gaze while she was the life out of the woman’s husband.

“Mommy?”

When Jina heard the small, innocent voice, her head rose instantly. In front of her, on the stairs, was a young girl who didn’t seem to be older than 5 years old. She looked so fragile, with eyes filled with curiousness and innocence. She seemed taken out of a children story with princesses and angels. There was just one problem: there was no angel around, but a demon. Jina’s eyes brightened as she got up and walked slowly to the child, wiping the blood off her face with her hand.

“Are mommy and daddy ok?”

Jina restrained a scoff. That pureness of a child was something she went through once upon a time and now she regretted it. Pure, people aren’t pure, vampires or humans. Children are the definition of purity and happiness, but for how long? Until the said kid turns into an adult and becomes just a common face into the crowd?

“You should go to bed.” Jina started, her never leaving the girl’s face.

“But-”

The female vampire wasn’t in the mood for that so she walked past the girl, signing for her to follow. Inside the childish looking room, Jina helped the girl to get on bed and tucked her in softly. Jina grabbed the teddy bear that was lying on the ground near the bed and stared at it with expressionless eyes and before giving it to the girl.

“When you will wake up, you will meet mommy and daddy.”

The girl seemed happy with Jina’s affirmation. The older woman grabbed the unused pillow from the bed and with the most unfazed face, she covered the kid’s face. There was no fight, no real struggle and definitely no pity. The girl stopped breathing and the only feeling that Jina felt was one of utter satisfaction.

••••••••

The next day, Jina’s murder was all over the news. Yoo didn’t even come out of his room and Joonyoung was guarded by Hakyun. The non-vampire and unrelated creatures in the house left, by Yoo’s orders. Jitae was left with dangerous bloodsuckers who tensed just at a simple question.

“Do you think he will be the same when he wakes up?”

Hongbin looked up from his book, at Myungsoo who was staring out the window.

“I’m not very concerned about Joonyoung as I am about Jina. She is the key here.”

Myungsoo sighed and crossed his arms in front his chest.

“What about her, then? Will she be the same?”

This time, Hongbin was the one to sigh. He didn’t know what to expect but he had a feeling that even if she would regain her self control, things will be different than before, no matter what century.

“I wouldn’t rely on that thought.”

Both boys raised their heads and looked at the door. There was Yoo, finally out of his little comfort zone. There was a little pause before continuing.

“When Joonyoung wakes up; that’s the signal that we have to interfere.”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, entangled into his own theories.

“What-” He only opened his mouth when Yoo glanced warily at him. “You mean we have to actually-but she’s your family! No, let me rephrase it. She’s insanely strong. How-“ Myungsoo got interrupted by a simple sharp object that flew past him, just a few millimeters from getting his pretty face cut.

“I wouldn’t comment if I were you, Kim Myungsoo.”

Surprsingly, the young vampire didn’t seem as phazed by it as he should have had. Hongbin chuckled, seeing Myungsoo actually fight for what he believed in which in their case was complicated.

The same bravery was noticed by Gong Yoo himself whose feelings were mixed, feeling both proud and annoyed.

"What do you think she's doing now?" asked Hongbin, placing his book down.

Minhyuk walked inside just in time to hear that particular question. He shuddered at the memory of his brief meeting with her.

••••••••

Jina didn't seem to have a problem in the world. Except the vampire-ish surroundings, which meant dead bodies thrown through the living room, the trail of corpses that lead to her room and the blood covering the walls of the first level of the house, everything was normal. There were a lot of dead vampire bodies too. Inside her room though, Jina wasn't drinking anyone's blood. No, she was doing something more entertaining: torture. Her favorite hobby.

"Where are the rest of the weaklings?"

The victim was pushed on the couch with Jina between his legs, his head turned to 90 degrees and his hands pulled on either side of the couch and wrapped together with a chain, his chest was covered in still bleeding wounds. He didn't respond, which meant a ticket just go for death.

"The clock is ticking, your time is dropping~" She sung bemusedly, "Tick," she gestured with her finger to the right. "Tock." to the left. "Tick," This time her finger came dangerously close to his heart, "Tock." She finished, taking his heart out and throwing it like it was nothing. As if it wasn't enough, she started to the blood from her fingers while watching the fearful expression on the dead vampire's face.

Behind her walked a young vampire female in a robotic way.

"There is a g-gentleman that w-wants to speak w-with you, m-miss." The vampire muttered, "He said his n-name is K-Kim Myun-Myungsoo."

"I'm not in the best mood right now. Tell him to leave."

The weaker vampire gulped.

"B-but-" Jinla's eyes narrowed at her and the other female gulped again. "Alright." she was ready to go back downstairs when she collided with a manly body.

The man raised an eyebrow at the newly made vampire before she ran into the hall. After he closed the door, Myungsoo turned to Jina. He didn't seem as secure as a few moments ago about what he was doing. Inside his head, he was still asking himself what the hell he was doing. Just when he was ready to speak, Jina pushed him from wall to dresser and eventually on the bed. She hovered over him and he couldn't really deny the desire and lust.

After the fire burnt out, Myungsoo realized what he had done.

"I can't believe you fooled me into it again."

She to one side and glanced up to him. Their eyes met and for Myungsoo, she looked so innocent and beautiful, even human.

"I didn't tell you to come here. You waltzed inside my house without being invited."

She was right but after Hongbin's question, he just felt the need to come and see her.

"I-You should stop, Jina."

Myungsoo didn’t have to be a genius to know that he completely blew out his only chance.

"Leave." She ordered as she got up.

"I don't-"

"Leave now." She repeated, patience growing thicker as she slammed him into the door before pushing him out in the hall.

Poor Myungsoo was . She threw his clothes out the window and slammed the door closed. He sighed and flashed to get his clothes and eventually, return defeated to Jitae's.

Jina was somewhere between furious and disappointed. She changed into comfortable clothes and flashed into the woods. She got pretty far before she suddenly stopped, eyes closed, when someone flashed and slammed her into the tree. She opened her eyes to face dangerous crimson eyes. They were full of hatred, though there was something else too. He got a good grip on her neck and even rose her off the ground.

"Uncle Yoo, what a surprise." She started nonchalantly,"You don't scare me." She added.

"You are just a kid to me, Jina. Don't forget who is older."

She made a noise that sounded a lot like a scoff. Jina’s eyes narrowed before she used every bit of anger in order to strenghten up against her uncle. It worked as she kicked him so hard that he flew a few steps until he regained his balance.

"If you are so powerful, why didn't you stop me from killing my parents?" Jina hissed, preparing herself to fight against Yoo.

"That's who you have to be. I knew from the beginning that you are cursed."

She actually snorted at his comment.

"Cursed? This isn't a curse, uncle. It's evil, I am the worse nightmare someone can ever have. I am a monster, the devil." Her eyes redden slowly from the sides to the center, "And you know what? You can’t stop me.”

Yoo was stiff, ready to attack when she ran away.

"You're right. I can't stop you but you will stop." The elder mumbled to himself.

It was late at night when Jina decided to clean up her house. She sat on the loveseat where her parents used to stand when she was young and sighed. The flames from the fireplace were mirrored into her orbs. She was fighting her inner demon and she was losing.

When Jina closed her eyes, finally able to fall asleep, Joonyoung’s eyes opened wide. He reacted as if he just woke up from a nightmare. His eyes changed to red, his fangs popped out and he hissed. Like a predator, he trailed his eyes around the room. He was alone for the first time since he fainted.

••••••••

Downstairs, the only ones in the living room were Jitae and Yoo.

“Are you actually going to kill her?” Jitae asked.

Yoo’s dark orbs rose to the slayer. Jitae felt the pressure but got confused when Yoo started to laugh.

“Do I give you that impression? You’ve been her father for so long; you should realize her condition is temporary.” The elder replied.

“That’s completely different. Jina never acted like this before.”

“Yeah, right. Jina has always been anything but innocent. Just looking into her eyes and you see the evil glint and the pressure of her aura.” He paused and smirked, “She is one true family member.”

“What about-“ Jitae couldn’t finish his sentence when Yoo sat up from the couch and turned to him.

“Listen clearly, Jitae. This isn’t something uncommon. She stopped once, she will stop again. That’s just a matter of-“Yoo stopped abruptly, his muscles tensing. “Get Minhyuk. Tell him to take Hongbin and Myungsoo and prepare to leave.”

Jitae raised an eyebrow, not understanding.

“Why?”

Both men heard a deep, loud growl coming from upstairs. Jitae’s breathe stopped when a flash came down the stairs. Yoo flashed right in front of it in order to block his nephew.

“Joonyoung,” jitae whispered, seeing the hunger in his son’s eyes.

Ufortunately, Yoo couldn’t refrain Joonyoung for long and didn’t want to. Joonyoung growled again before he kicked Yoo aside and ran out the front door.

Yoo turned to Jitae with an annoyed expression, seeing how the human was standing in the middle of the room, still surprised, staring into space.

“Are you that surprised? I told you to get Minhyuk and-“ Yoo was cut off when Hongbin ran down the stairs.

“He’s gone.”