Involved

The Biography of a Vampire

Jina didn’t go home. Instead, she opted for the bar where she could easily drink the whole stock and still be up for more.

“Double shot. No, actually, give me the whole bottle.” She ordered, feeling tired.

The bartender looked her over before he chuckled and nodded.

“Aren’t you a lady,”

The bartender was right in front of her and she was sure she didn’t see his mouth moving at all. Feeling the sudden presence of the newcomer, she decided to leave him be. It was too much of a bother to get worked up every time he’d appear.

“Done with your serious chat already? Already back to work?” She asked nonchalantly.

Minhyuk grinned innocently and sat next to her.

“This city is small. We’ll bump into each other a lot anyway, by coincidence.”He took care to accentuate the last word.

Jina scoffed before she grabbed the double shot from the bartender and drunk it quickly. She narrowed her eyes at the new vampire and walked into the bathroom.

Minhyuk watched her until she entered the room with a knowing look. She was a sly fox and could easily sneak out if she wanted to. Then, why did it seem like she wanted him to follow her?

“Damn noble vampires,” Minhyuk mumbled under his breath before he did exactly what she wanted him to.

When Minhyuk entered the bathroom, the female wasn’t in sight. That, until he found himself face first on the wall, his hands in a tight grip on his back.

“Why did my uncle send you of all the pupets he has?” She whispered in his ear.

He couldn’t say he was scared but that girl was completely insane.

“You’re a , you know that?” He hissed, trying to push her off.

She left him go easily and backed off, crossing her hands in front her chest. He straightened himself up and rubbed his wrist before turning to her as if nothing happened.

“Gong Yoo trusts me. That’s an easy answer.” He started, “Anything else?”

“I want to know everything about him.”

It sounded a lot like a joke, probably that was why Minhyuk started to laugh but those dark eyes of her were not bemused. She was serious.

“Are you going to give me the information or do I have to put a werewolf on you to get it out?” She was losing her patience.

Minhyuk didn’t seem affected by her words even if he knew she might as well do it without remorse.

“Well? No?” She asked again before she sighed heavily and flashed out of there.

“Great. Now I have to look out for full moons.” He sighed and left the bathroom too, a little troubled.

••••••••

Now, Minhyuk wasn’t exactly the only vampire with problems. Myungsoo and Hongbin weren’t fighting anymore because the subject was not there for most of the time. But they were very busy with all that mess created around Jina.

“I can’t just stay here and do nothing!” Myungsoo exclaimed, jumping on his feet and staring down at Hongbin. He was growing impatient and so was the other side, the one that wanted them all dead. “I don’t care what Hakyun says, I’m old enough to take my own risks.” He added.

With that establised, Myungsoo was out of there. On the other side, Hongbin sighed and let himself fall deeper into the softness of the couch. A few minutes later, Joonyoung walked downstairs, finally getting up from the bed, messy hair and rubbing his eyes. He looked like a kid that just woke up, looking for his mommy.

“Your mommy’s not here, Joonyoung.” Hongbin shouted after the noble.

“I’m not looking for mommy. I knew you’re the only one here.” He answered, walking groggily to the couch, “Ehe.” That sound he made was like an old man whose back hurt.

“Already feeling like an old man?”

Joonyoung chuckled and nodded.

“We both know that Jina’s behavior changed since she became Jina,” The Jung vampire started,“She became aware of the danger that follows her everywhere. Hakyun said something about someone taking care of the weaklings but I haven’t seen anyone else.”

“Someone is taking care of them. It’s too silent.” Hongbin added quickly before closing his eyes, hoping he’d get to relax for a little while.

“I believe that werewolves are the ones getting rid of the vampires.”Joonyoung stated out of nowhere,“At first I thought it’s someone else but werewolves are involved as well.”

Hongbin’s eyes opened wide at the information, his eyes narrowing at the thoughts crossing his mind.

“We should-” Hongbin couldn’t even finish his sentence because Joonyoung ran out of the house. “I’m stuck with idiots.”

••••••••

Joonyoung already had and it was just about the timeto put it in action. The first place he went to was the big house he first saw when he arrived in Bucheon. He only knocked twice before Mino answered.

“Can we talk?”

It took a moment for Mino to register what Joonyoung wanted to do. Talk. That was not something he was expecting, not from him. The werewolf chuckled bemusedly yet let the vampire enter his house.

Once inside the living room, Mino sat down while Joonyoung opted for standing still, aware that he was in potential danger now that he knew about the werewolves.

“What’s there to talk?” Mino asked, visibly enjoying the sight.

“Are werewolves killing the vampires that came after my sister? We haven’t been attacked in a while.”

“You might not know but that’s been taken care of by Shin Hakyun.”

“Why? What’s he hiding?”

The two boys looked each other in the eye, seizing each other up just in case they needed to later on.

“I was over at Dana’s,” Mino started.

“Well, isn’t that a shocker.” The vampire scoffed, to Mino’s amusement.

“Dana is not a werewolf. I know you like her but I thought it was just for pure amusement?” It was supposed to sound as an observation but it didn’t. It was more of a question. Joonyoung looked offended but the young werewolf shrugged him off.

“She’s a vampire slayer, just like her mother. Anyway-“

Mino was over at Dana’s, helping her with homework. Of course, that was more of a stretch because they weren’t really doing anything and Mino was only there for the legend. Dongwon was spending most of his time inside his room but when Mino tried to go talk to him, Billie stopped him saying that he was either busy or asleep.

“What’s up with you and your mother?”

Dana’s response was short.

“Nothing.”

Mino chose to drop the subject as he knew both females were vampire slayers. That thought changed fast when he heard a knock on the door and the familiar voice of Shin Hakyun. Both the vampire and the vampire slayer entered Dongwon’s room with frowns on their faces. It irked Mino even more, to the point he felt like he could kill just to satisfy his curiosity.

“I’ve gotta go to the bathroom.” Mino announced, not even waiting for Dana to tell him where the bathroom was.

Dongwan’s room was not far from Dana’s and granted to the poor state of the house, he could hear them through the door without having to crack it open.

“I want you to get rid of the weaklings.” Hakyun’s voice was blank, no emotion whatsoever.

“And what do you take us for, Hakyun? Your toys?”

“Not mine. Yoo’s.” The answer got the wolf to growl loudly. “Yoo is Jina and Joonyoung’s only family alive. Yoo wants his niece to become a true vampire but not create a disaster. He told you to come here so someone would get rid of the low level vampires. You two better get to work or I will do it my way and it won’t be nice.” The old vampire sounded so much like a gang boss from movies.

“Werewolves aren’t allowed to kill vampires.” Dongwan’s tone was just as annoyed as Hakyun’s. “I won’t just go over and kill whatever there is. Not even for Yoo. I have been sent here to keep an eye on the situation not get involved.”

“I’m sure Yoo sent someone else to keep an eye on Jina. Minhyuk has been around the city for a while now. He’s supposed to just watch. You are not.” The vampire hissed, pleased with his speech.

Dongwan wasn’t as happy though. Mino could hear his heavy breathing and heavy steps as he moved closer to the vampire.

“Minhyuk is just a kid. His job is not to watch Jina.”

Even Mino shivered at the sound of Dongwan’s voice.

“And what’s his job then?

“Yoo knows how dangerous can Jin get-“

“But she’s not! We both saw how Jina started to calm down and think before killing. She knows what she’s doing.”

Billie sighed seeing as the two species were getting fired up.

“I won’t kill them! I won’t just simply walk over the agreement and kill because there’s someone important to Yoo!” Dongwan shuted in anger.

“Yoo created the agreement, wolf!”

Even through the door, Mino could feel the tension inside the room. A stubborn and mannered werewolf was getting impatient with the vampire that thought he knew everything. Dongwan growled lowly while Hakyun’s canines grew longer.

“Get rid of the weaklings or I will personally do it.” The vampire hissed before he walked out.

Mino couldn’t even move from his spot and almost got hit in the face when Hakyun opened the door. Getting a hold of himself, he peeked inside the room and saw Dongwan run towards the window.

“Are they going to kill each other?” Mino asked Billie, completely disregarding the idea of pretending to be innocent.

“He’s just off for a little spring. He needs to calm down and not act based on his impulses.” Billie explaind before she sighed heavily, “But we should get to work.”

“Hakyun acted like that?” Joonyoung asked, surprised by the ignorant older vampire. He never imagined someone as playful as Hongbin’s uncle could have so much angst.

“Yes. It seems there’s a guy, Minhyuk, that Gong Yoo supposedly sent here for something. Anyway, it seems no one is here to protect Jina. They’re here just to witness it.”

“Great. It’s like he’s playing with us. The puppet master,” Joonyoung mumbled, “I want you to do me a favor.”

Mino’s expression was priceless. He did not expect Joonyoung to ask for something after he just said.

“Alright. What do you want me to do?”

There was no point in refusing. He was going to get involved one way or another because in the end, they were all involved from the moment Jina returned to Bucheon.