Another Secret

The Biography of a Vampire

 The next day, Joonyoung woke up in another room than his. He groaned when he started to remember the events from the night before. He tensed and opened his eyes, searching for his sister but she wasn’t there. Actually, now that he started to get his senses back, he was all alone in the mansion.

Jina went to school, surprisingly enough. It was Tuesday and she hasn’t been to school in a while. It was a weird feeling now that she knew someone intelligent and wicked was watching her from the shadows.

“Jina…Haven’t seen you in a while.” Yuna’s voice rung in her ears even if the girl was a few feet away, making her way towards the brunette, “Hongbin, Myungsoo and Joonyoung haven’t been here either. What’s going on?”

Jina had to give a response so she could get rid of the blonde.

“We’ve been busy with other things. It’s not your business.”

Yuna narrowed her eyes at the girl. Something has been off with her since that day Myungsoo came to school.

“Seulgi’s funeral has been last week. You didn’t come.”

Jina sighed and rolled her eyes, her back still facing the human.

“What part of not your business haven’t you understand?” The vampire girl asked, growing impatient with her former friend.

Yuna scoffed and started to walk after Jina, whowas making her way towards the library.

“Stop coming after me.” Jina mumbled, control slipping through her fingers.

“You know, at first I thought it was because of accommodating to this city but you’ve been such a pain lately.”Yuna’s tone was bossy, thing that Jina hated in her recent state, “Soyou and Seulgi are dead! And I have this feeling that it’s not even the end yet! You could be more affected by their deaths, you know!”

Jina stopped midway and took a long breath before exhaling even slower.

“I don’t have to explain myself to you.”

 For the entire way to the library and to the front door, Yuna would keep asking stupid questions. Jina was walking down the street, out of the campus when she realized the noise was gone. She stopped and looked around for the blonde but she wasn’t there. With a content smile, she turned back towards the street, moment when something fell on a nearby car. Jina raised an eyebrow as she walked there. Her eyes widened at the sight of Yuna’s lifeless body, her eyes still open, blood dripping from her head and neck.

Thinking quick, Jina surveyed the street before she took the dead body and flashed into the woods. Someone killed Yuna and it wasn’t her.

••••••••

After the job has been completed, which meant that Yuna’s body has been burnt down and thrown somewhere,  Jina took a break and decided to walk around the forest. While having her eyes closed and mind cleared of any thoughts, she heard that deep, wicked chuckle again. Just, this time, the presence was clear and it didn’t seem as if that person wanted to hide anymore.

“Did you like my present?” He asked. “She was too noisy. I don’t like noisy people. They are annoying, aren’t they Jina?”

Jina raised an eyebrow and remembered the corpse she had to drag and burn.

 “I’m tired of this charade. Why don’t you just come out so I can finally see who’s tormenting the tormentor?”

The voice chuckled again and shockingly, did come out. The man in front of looked beautiful. He didn’t seem a year over twenty and had that sparkle everyone could see in Jina. Dark eyes that seemed to glint mysteriously, messy black hair that seemed to stick in every side and a wide smirk, complimenting to the facial features; he was a handsome man.

“Happy now? Don’t I get a nice welcome?” He asked, his eyes squinted as if he couldn’t see her well.

“Who are you?”

He fake pouted and traced his finger over his check.

“How sad. You don’t even remember me. Your uncle, Yoo always had a small human boy running around him; that boy that always wanted to become his protégé. But that was impossible because Gong Yoo is hard to impress. Yet, a female vampire got his attention. You.” He glared at the tinier figure and flashed way too close to her. “You are a nuisance.”

He wanted to push her hard, make her crash into a tree but she saw it coming and moved aside before hitting him harshly and pinning him against a tree.

“You should choose your words wisely.” She hissed, her eyes narrowing yet not reddening yet.

The still unnamed vampire smirked smugly and turned the tables around, kicking her in the chest strongly and throwing her a few feet away. It wasn’t every day a vampire would have so much power yet he even flashed to her in seconds. Jina looked up at the younger man and growled.

“How come I don’t remember you?”

He shrugged, like the evil guy who tried to strangle her wasn’t even there to begin with. The mysterious glint in his eyes was still there but it didn’t have the same black passion, evilness. If Jina didn’t know better, she would’ve sworn he was just a cool looking student.

“Lee Minhyuk. My, my, you became one powerful vampire, haven’t you?”  Hakyun’s voice echoed through the empty forest.

“Why are you here? This is between me and him.” Jina interfered quickly, taking a few steps towards Hakyun.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

Jina’s  eyes narrowed instantly at the older vampire, the air getting thick between them. Minhyuk looked between Hakyun, who was radiating with pure annoyance, and Jina, whose eyes were trying to cage the place Hakyun was standing on, her body pulsating with hatred. It seemed he didn’t have much work to do because she won’t get back to normal anytime soon.

“Leave.” Her voice was venomous but Hakyun didn’t even flinch. He just continued to glare at her.

“No.”

The simple answer was sending sparks towards the girl. She launched at him but Hakyun was far more trained than she would ever be. He was a noble, an old one at that.

“Minhyuk,” The elder started, blocking Jina’s kick yet keeping her in a tight grip, “Get rid of the vampires around town.” Hakyun ordered.

Minhyuk’s eyes widened a bit, scoffing at the tone used on him.

“I don’t remember becoming your slave. Know your place.” That boy had guts.

Hakyun was one calm man in almost any situation but that little vampire was getting on his nerves. He was ready to let Jina go and attack the new subject but she stopped him.  

“If he is my uncle’s protégé then you won’t touch him. What’s linked to the Gong family is kept safe from outsiders.” She smirked weirdly to Minhyuk over her shoulder, her red eyes full with something indecipherable. “He can be hurt and tortured just by the family members.”

Even if he wasn’t scared at all, Minhyuk did take a step back. Her tone, which was between amused and evil, got to him. She was hinting that if she wanted to, Gong Yoo wouldn’t be mad if she would torture him.

“I don’t care.” Hakyun said through gritted teeth. “There are hundreds of vampires that want you dead and you’re here with him…what’s inside your head?” The tone was unbelievably calm.

Suddenly, or maybe they should have expected with the loud commotion, a few new presences entered the forest and were coming towards them. Minhyuk frowned and realized he should be smart not proud.

“You should accept the situation and go back into the house.  Yoo doesn’t want you dead…”  The young man adviced, already stretching his back for a fight.

Jina turned to Hakyun but he wasn’t even looking at her. In the end, she sighed and left, not in the mood to fight on two fronts. As soon as Jina was out of the picture, Hakyun walked to the young vampire with a visibly more relaxed demeanor.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

 “Do you really think Yoo would leave all these on her shoulders? Or even worse, trust you? You out of all vampires in the world? No. There are so few people he trusts and you, Shin Hakyun, aren’t one of them.”

“So he sent an inexperienced child on the field?”

Minhyuk started to laugh.

“Nice joke. Got me there. But I am not inexperienced. We might say I’m at the same level as Joonyoung; powerful enough to influence Jina.” The boy said smugly yet Hakyun was not impressed.

“He doesn’t have that power. No one can manipulate her.”

“Wanna bet?” The younger vampire whispered, leaning towards the elder.

Minhyuk’s eyes reddened and for the first time that day, he actually looked dangerous and sly, even in Hakyun’s point of view. There was something about Minhyuk and he was sure it was just another secret amongst Gong Yoo’s many others.